Will Ft. Hood impact ammo availability?

This is a discussion on Will Ft. Hood impact ammo availability? within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I heard about the shooting, and then made sure to stop by the local gun shop on the way home and buy a few more ...

Like Tree12Likes
  • 4 Post By OutWestSystems
  • 2 Post By Alex_C
  • 5 Post By Hatrix
  • 1 Post By SIXTO

Thread: Will Ft. Hood impact ammo availability?

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar

I heard about the shooting, and then made sure to stop by the local gun shop on the way home and buy a few more boxes of ammo. Nothing that I hadn't been wanting anyway, it's just that the price all of a sudden seemed more affordable than it had several hours before.

Do you guys think there will be another dip in ammo availability because of this? I know I can't be the only one thinking this, and if so, it could be one of those self-fulfulling profecies. It isn't getting a lot of media coverage from what I can tell by watching the news last night and this morning (maybe because it was a "low capacity" pistol, and "only a few soldiers"). Do you think it will depend on the level of media coverage, or wether or not the talking heads start pushing for more gun control?

Either way, I hope I am just being paranoid.
    Walk softly ...

Nope.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

VIP Member Array OutWestSystems's Avatar
    Absolutely. Why? Because people will do more panic buying which will cause the supply to dry up, then will come the stories about how the Obama administration is making the ammo go away or the Russian conflict is, or that we don't have lead smelters, or what other crazy story they come up with, which will cause more panic buying. So yes, new ammo shortage.
    Ianthin, Sig 210, firerat and 1 others like this.

It certainly will if every gun owner panics and makes sure to stop by the local gun shop on the way home and buy a few more boxes of ammo...
    WHEC724 and glockman10mm like this.
    British by birth. American by choice.

The Illuminati is buying up all the ammo to protect the Bilderberg Group from the looming alien invasion.

I just ordered $7500 worth of ammo and a new hat...

tin-foil-hat.jpg

Master of the Tactical Back Flip
    Internet Gun Expert

Senior Moderator
    Only if we all go out and buy all of the ammo that the stores have
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Distinguished Member
    Not at all!
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Distinguished Member Array BigStick's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex_C View Post
    It certainly will if every gun owner panics and makes sure to stop by the local gun shop on the way home and buy a few more boxes of ammo...
    Yeah, I get the jab, but I was not "pannic buying" everything on the shelf, it was a couple boxes of ammo that I am still trying to build up my supply for from a new gun. I had <100 rounds for my .357 at home before yesterday, and I am always happy to pick up some more .22 when they have it.

But me understanding the fear that may drive people to do the same, makes me make the same move. That is why I was asking. Trying to gage what the community at large thought. I will not add to the mass BUY EVERYTHING madness, but I will make sure I have the ammo to go out this weekend if I want.
    Walk softly ...

Administrator
    gasmitty likes this.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Sponsored Links