FL: Convenience store clerk "stands his ground" prevails against armed robber.

This is a discussion on FL: Convenience store clerk "stands his ground" prevails against armed robber. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Story here: Cocoa clerk stands ground against armed robber More range time, and a steak for the clerk....

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By high pockets
  • 1 Post By oakchas

Thread: FL: Convenience store clerk "stands his ground" prevails against armed robber.

Story here: Cocoa clerk stands ground against armed robber

More range time, and a steak for the clerk.
    jomarfl likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

VIP Member
    Annoying website with all the pop-up ads. Once I could read the article, it sounded like no shots fired until the suspect was fleeing with the $$$. Seems, from the article that the threat was over.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

I couldn't see the video but the report says he shot at the 'fleeting intruder'. Definitely a no-no as much as I don't think it necessarily should be.

Glad the clerk is ok. I agree that a) shooting at a fleeing suspect is not such a good thing, and b) clerk needs more range time.

As to a) ... fleeing perp could very well have been looking back over shoulder with intent to shoot. Not enough information at this time to make a determination.
    Oldpsufan likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Shooting someone in the back as they are running away is hard to explain.

USMC Shooting Team
    Distinguished Pistol Shot Badge - 1986
    Texas CHL since 1996.

Iraq 2004 to 2011.
    Afghanistan 2012 to present.

Quote Originally Posted by ksholder View Post
    Annoying website with all the pop-up ads. Once I could read the article, it sounded like no shots fired until the suspect was fleeing with the $$$. Seems, from the article that the threat was over.
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm66 View Post
    I couldn't see the video but the report says he shot at the 'fleeting intruder'. Definitely a no-no as much as I don't think it necessarily should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by high pockets View Post
    Glad the clerk is ok. I agree that a) shooting at a fleeing suspect is not such a good thing, and b) clerk needs more range time.

As to a) ... fleeing perp could very well have been looking back over shoulder with intent to shoot. Not enough information at this time to make a determination.
    Quote Originally Posted by SgtRick View Post
    Shooting someone in the back as they are running away is hard to explain.

From the article:
    The incident happened about 9 p.m. when a man in a ski-mask ran into the store, went behind the counter and approached the clerk with the pistol, reports show. The gunman then shouted, 'give me money, give me money,' the clerk later told police.

It was then that the clerk grabbed his own weapon and fired off several rounds...
    I think most felons flee once they are being shot at....

...at the fleeing man.
    Whadda ya know! Once the felon was being shot at, he fled. Imagine that!

It's all in how you read it, folks... And of course, what the video tape shows.

But no matter what, I'm sure someone is lamenting that their son got shot at... I mean people don't have a right to do that... they should just call the POlice and let them deal with it, that's what the POlice is for.. He was just tryin' to get money for his child support.... oh,wait, that was a different case...
    Powpig2002 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

More range time needed.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Sponsored Links