New Jersey school suspends boy for allegedly making ‘gun motions’ with pencil

This is a discussion on New Jersey school suspends boy for allegedly making ‘gun motions’ with pencil within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From Fox News: New Jersey school suspends boy for allegedly making ‘gun motions’ with pencil A New Jersey boy was suspended from school after twirling ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: New Jersey school suspends boy for allegedly making ‘gun motions’ with pencil

From Fox News:

A New Jersey boy was suspended from school after twirling a pencil in a manner another student claimed was a "gun motion."

Ethan Chaplin, a seventh-grader at Glen Meadow Middle School in Vernon, was sent home for two days after he allegedly pointed his pencil like a gun in math class, according to News 12 New Jersey.

Chaplin told the station that he was simply twisting around a pencil with a pen cap on it when a student behind him yelled out, "He's making gun motions, send him to juvie."

"Gross misconduct at its finest."
    - Michael Chaplin

The boy told News 12 that the other student had bullied him earlier that day.

The school promptly suspended Chaplin, pending the outcome of a psychological evaluation, the station reported.

His father, Michael Chaplin, told the station he was "absolutely livid," and described the school's actions as "gross misconduct at its finest."

"They took something so minimal and took it so far over the edge," he told the station.

Vernon Schools Superintendent Charles Maranzano, meanwhile, said school policy requires officials to investigate all situations in which a student feels threatened by another.

"We never know what's percolating in the minds of children," Maranzano told the station. "And when they demonstrate behaviors that raise red flags, we must do our duty."

The teen reportedly underwent a five-hour physical and psychological evaluation -- both of which were deemed normal.

This is New Jersey...............want to live here or just visit...?
    357and40 likes this.

2. Remove Ads

OMG that kid in the first row was thinking about guns.. I saw him smile.. send him to Juvie!
    357and40, Aceoky and Jeanlouise like this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

VIP Member
    Imagine permanently losing your gun rights over a non-incident with a pencil which occurred in seventh grade. The agenda drives on.
    Parrisk, Aceoky and Jeanlouise like this.
    "When you have to shoot, shoot, don't talk."
    Tuco

Distinguished Member
    A weapon of math destruction I'm afraid!

Bunch of morons...
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

You're not seriously asking this group if we want to live or even visit Jersey are you ?
    StormRhydr and Aceoky like this.

Here we go again with total stupidity from a school system. I'm just glad that I don't have to allow these moron's teach my kids. If a teacher doesn't have enough common sense to see what's going on they should be sent packing to find another job.

OK rant over.
    357and40 and msgt/ret like this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Now it seems you're no longer just responsible for what you actually do but for what others perceive you are/might be doing. Can the thought police be far behind?
    357and40, msgt/ret and Jeanlouise like this.
    "Kimbers are the guns you show your friends, Glocks are the guns you show your enemies."

And they call NJ the Garden State huh? Gardens grow well with a measured amount of manure but I'm afraid far too much manure ruins a field and such has occurred in that stink hole.
    msgt/ret, Aceoky and Oldpsufan like this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

What a waste of resources.

Pull the kid out of school, spend time with the parents, occupy psychologists to figure out if the kid is dangerous, maybe the kid gets put into the criminal justice system - I see scores if not hundreds of hours consumed for WHAT good purpose? Just tell the kid "DON'T DO THAT AGAIN" and let it go.

Seriously, everybody wants to make a Federal case out of every bit of misbehavior in schools, especially if it's adolescent male misbehavior. I'm just sick of it.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

And 5 hrs. of evaluation....physical and psychological......I'd sue those Rat Bastages if it were my son......that's it.
    357and40 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by molleur View Post
    A weapon of math destruction I'm afraid!

Bunch of morons...
    OMG YOU WENT THERE!!!!

Go to your room!

Quote Originally Posted by NONAME762 View Post
    And they call NJ the Garden State huh? Gardens grow well with a measured amount of manure but I'm afraid far too much manure ruins a field and such has occurred in that stink hole.
    Weed can grow in a garden... Seems theirs is full of it... Also remember what fertilizer is made of...
    "I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched c-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhäuser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain."
    - Roy Batty

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Get a lawyer and nail the school district in a court of law. Put a financial end to their "agenda." Each and every time... And remember who the governor is come election time.
    Hoganbeg, Aceoky and 357and40 like this.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

We here know who he is.....and so will you in 2016....RINO.

VIP Member
    What supidity everyone knows pencils have erasers on them ................................erase this from the kids file .
    Member of the NRA
    {A}RMS discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property...Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them
    1775 Thomas Paine
    Not afraid to live & Not afraid to die .

Distinguished Member Array Jaeger's Avatar
    St. Louis, MO "The Most Dangerous City in America"
    Obviously their zero tolerance policies are so moronic your standard school yard bully can figure them out and use them to attack the objects of his ire. That is the real story here. One evil kid has coopted the system and successfully got a completely innocent kid kicked out of school for his own aggrandizement, and that is EXACTLY what they* are trying to do with the rest of the country.

*If you don't know who "they" are you probably don't read much, and I don't have time for the whole course in western civilization and political science.
    Hoganbeg, Jeanlouise and 357and40 like this.
    “Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive." C.S. Lewis

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links