IA:Home invasion/Attempted abduction thwarted by PCW holder...

This is a discussion on IA:Home invasion/Attempted abduction thwarted by PCW holder... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; PCW holder first attempted to use a baseball bat to stop an abduction of a child by non custodial parent... then went back to his ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By ccw9mm
  • 1 Post By CommonCents

Thread: IA:Home invasion/Attempted abduction thwarted by PCW holder...

IA:Home invasion/Attempted abduction thwarted by PCW holder...

PCW holder first attempted to use a baseball bat to stop an abduction of a child by non custodial parent... then went back to his own (actually his ex wife's) house (when he saw the abductor was using a stun gun) to get a pistol. He didn't use the pistol to stop the abductors directly... he used it to "shoot out the tires" so they couldn't get away...

Story here

Sheesh... this is a day for weird news
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

That's pretty good. Every one I see on TV can never hit the tires. Granted, I never tried to hit the tires on a MOVING vehicle.
    Nehemiah 4:14: “Don’t be afraid of them. Remember the Lord who is great and awesome, and draw your Beretta PX4 and fight for your brothers, your sons and your daughters, your wives and your homes.” highlighted added by LMP

Glad it worked out. I'm not sure the tires are what I would have been shooting at but it worked. It wasn't really clear if the car was moving or not at the time but it seems to be some pretty good shooting.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

I think the car was just sitting there....

Most men carry a pocket knife... At least around here... Cut off a valve stem...stab the sidewall... Would I pull my gun... (or go back into the house to get the gun, in this guy's case) to flatten the tires?

I can see not taking the gun to try to stop the abductor who has a "human shield." But I can't see "shooting out the tires."
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Quote Originally Posted by Bama61 View Post
    Glad it worked out. I'm not sure the tires are what I would have been shooting at but it worked.
    Wasn't clear that the child was inside the car at the time, either. But it's a good bet since the stunning of the father was successful that they were able to flee with the child. All things considered, presuming a child in the car, going for the tires isn't all that bad an option, at the point of a car on the verge of escaping with an apparently kidnapped child.

Ugly situation. No matter who prevails, the kid's got a dirty scene he/she is seeing, given that it's parents on both sides of the assault.

Glad the LEO's saw the carrier for what he was, and released him at the scene once it was clear what went down.

BAD, that the worst charge there is first-degree burglary ... when in reality the home invasion and battery concluded with robbing the man of his most prized possession (his child), a kidnapping by any other name. Can't imagine they're only being charged with burglary. And, conspiracy to go armed? Heck, they actually employed a disabling weapon against the person whose home they invaded. Went a hell of a lot further than mere conspiracy, there. I'm confused on the charges, here. Hopefully the DA will upgrade them to what they need to be.
    Bama61, molleur and nedrgr21 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

whatever it takes to stop the BG.. maybe the BG didn't heed the "Stop I have a firearm".. or maybe he was afraid of hitting the child..
    good news.. the BG and girlfriend were caught and the child was unharmed.. or at least that is how I understood it
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

BTW, tires can be made to go flat from firearm discharge... not pistol maybe... but this worked:

Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I found the story confusing. The story says the perpetrators fled to the Boone County Sheriff's office.

Cooney and Carter fled the scene and went to the Boone County Sheriff's Office, the release stated.
    They are currently being held at the Boone County Jail.
    It makes little sense that they fled to the Sheriff's Office after they kidnapped a child and had their vehicle disabled.

I guess it will all come out in the end, but it sure looks like very confusing reporting to me.

I think the child endangerment and the armed assault will be their two biggest charges, that is, if they decide not to throw in kidnapping charges by the time the investigation is completed.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

Distinguished Member
    Weird day today, that's for sure.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Amen.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Well all in all it was GG 2 BG's 0. Hopefully the kid is young enough that this event does no damage to the psyche. Who knows the events the child endured may just enable a sheepdog down the road.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    I single bullet can flip a moving car. I see it on TV all the time!
    OldVet likes this.

Links