School Stabbing in PA CLOSED THREAD - NOT AN ARMED SELF DEFENSE STORY

This is a discussion on School Stabbing in PA CLOSED THREAD - NOT AN ARMED SELF DEFENSE STORY within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; (CNN) -- At least 20 students were injured Wednesday morning in a stabbing incident at Franklin Regional Senior High School in the Pittsburgh area, said ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: School Stabbing in PA CLOSED THREAD - NOT AN ARMED SELF DEFENSE STORY

School Stabbing in PA CLOSED THREAD - NOT AN ARMED SELF DEFENSE STORY

(CNN) -- At least 20 students were injured Wednesday morning in a stabbing incident at Franklin Regional Senior High School in the Pittsburgh area, said Dan Stevens, an emergency management agency spokesman.

Four people were flown to hospitals by helicopter, he said.

A message on the Franklin Regional School District's website said all of its elementary schools were closed after the incident, and "the middle school and high school students are secure."
    Students stabbed at Pennsylvania school

Authorities said a suspect was in custody.

Information on what led to the stabbings and the conditions of the injured were not immediately released. The students range in age from 14 to 17, Stevens said.

The school is in Murrysville, about 15 miles east of downtown Pittsburgh.

Students were being released to their parents, Stevens said.

CNN first learned of the stabbings on Twitter

20 injured in Pittsburgh-area high school stabbings, authorities say - CNN.com

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Very sad story. My thoughts are for the injured and their families Hopefully all will make a full recovery.
    Don't let the facts cloud your judgement.
    Bad luck has perfect timing Joe "the donster" deBunker
    Who you are speaks so loudly I can't hear what you're saying...Ralph Waldon Emerson
    NRA Member

VIP Member
    When you have to shoot, shoot. Don't talk.
    "Don't forget, incoming fire has the right of way."

Distinguished Member
    This is a bad incident. It's a shame that these students were hurt this way. I hope they all recover with no bad physical issues. Emotionally may be another story.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Horrible to hear about situations like this. In my opinion it is only a matter of time before they become more and more common. Maybe the public will become aware that guns are not the only means to cause serious injuries. We need to focus on the real cause. In the ER, penetrating wounds to the chest are some of the most serious cause for concern. Hope everyone makes it through.

Seven teenagers and an adult were taken to Forbes Regional Hospital, Dr. Chris Kauffman, the trauma director there, told CNN. The seven were stabbed in the chest, back and abdomen, he said. He characterized some of the injuries as life-threatening.

Some of the students were in the operating room, others undergoing CT scans, he said.
    StormRhydr likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by GatorGuy407 View Post
    Horrible to hear about situations like this. In my opinion it is only a matter of time before they become more and more common. Maybe the public will become aware that guns are not the only means to cause serious injuries. We need to focus on the real cause. In the ER, penetrating wounds to the chest are some of the most serious cause for concern. Hope everyone makes it through.
    100% correct on knife wounds, but the anti gun people dont have a clue about such things. Over on Huffington Post they are all having a big time saying that if the BG used a gun, there would be 20 dead kids.

Thought and prayer going out to the students and their families..
    cn262 likes this.
    US Army Retired (2002)
    PAFOA.com, NAGR, USCCA, and NRA Life member

"Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity"
    unknown
    "Dare in Brocca" - Beretta

Take God out of schools, take away the rights from parents and teachers to discipline kids and this is what we are left with: A generation of kids that respect no one and dont give a darn about right or wrong. This leftist idea of how to raise a kid doesnt seem to be working......
    Sleepnheat, cn262, Oreste and 3 others like this.

VIP Member
    In the OPs interview, the doc was not willing to say that all the kiddos will pull through. He said "we hope they do" and then went on to say there were some pretty extensive injury patterns. Prayers for all concerned.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Distinguished Member
    I grew up very near here and still have family in the area. In fact, I have a couple of nieces and a nephew who are getting ready to move into this district and I have some friends from high school with kids in this district. Too close to home.

So very sad. Prayers to the kids and their families.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by StormRhydr View Post
    100% correct on knife wounds, but the anti gun people dont have a clue about such things. Over on Huffington Post they are all having a big time saying that if the BG used a gun, there would be 20 dead kids.
    They just can't help themselves, can they? I bet a good number of them are slightly disappointed that a knife was used and not a gun.

Poor kids, I hope they all recover and the emotional trauma isn't too severe.
    It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...eaves%20office

Quote Originally Posted by virg View Post
    Take God out of schools, take away the rights from parents and teachers to discipline kids and this is what we are left with: A generation of kids that respect no one and dont give a darn about right or wrong. This leftist idea of how to raise a kid doesnt seem to be working......
    Which god would you put in the schools? And according to which dogma would you teach about it?

I don't think Baptists would appreciate a Catholic teaching of Christianity or vice versa. And I don't think Catholics would appreciate a Jewish teaching of Yahweh. And I don't think Muslim students would appreciate a teaching of Hinduism.

Public schools are an extension of the State. Do you really want the State influencing religion one way or the other?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sovereignaxe View Post
    Which god would you put in the schools? And according to which dogma would you teach about it?

I don't think Baptists would appreciate a Catholic teaching of Christianity or vice versa. And I don't think Catholics would appreciate a Jewish teaching of Yahweh. And I don't think Muslim students would appreciate a teaching of Hinduism.

Public schools are an extension of the State. Do you really want the State influencing religion one way or the other?
    sovereignaxe – I don’t think virg is talking about putting religion classes in public schools. What I believe he is talking about is allowing the kids their 1A right to free exercise. Like it or not, God (and there is only 1 God) has been kicked out of schools in this country.

We have been told that we are not allowed to pray before a graduation or football game or at any other time at a school function. Those who try to justify this abrogation of the 1A are doing so using a faulty hermeneutic of the prior 1A clause “respecting an establishment of religion”. When properly understood, this has nothing to do with prayers at school events – which would be “prohibiting the free exercise thereof”, but has to do with establishing a national church as in the Church of England.

In 1947 (Everson v Board of Education), Hugo Black took a letter that Jefferson wrote to the Danbury Baptist Ministers, stood it on its head and shook its pockets. In the letter, Jefferson assured the Ministers that nothing in the Constitution would allow the federal government to interfere with their churches. Jefferson noted that there was a “wall of separation between Church & State” for the purpose of protecting the church from the state. Black took that wall of separation and made it the “high and impregnable wall…” with the purpose of protecting the state from the church. The purpose here is to separate religion and civil government.

I could go on, but, as this is not the topic of this thread, that is all I have to say on this subject in this thread.
    msgt/ret, Sleepnheat and virg like this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Unfortunately, this demonstrates that people with bad intentions will do bad things using whatever tools are available. The problem in the US isn't "gun violence," but rather violence in general (as well as an overall lack of respect and accountability). It is sad to see what has become of our schools.

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    This is why 1 or more teachers/administrators should be properly trained and armed (weapon secured) in schools, or have professional armed security officer/LEO on site. Heck, start with pepper spray and tazers.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links