MI: Flint, this time. Two intruders shot, 1 dead, 1 wounded.

This is a discussion on MI: Flint, this time. Two intruders shot, 1 dead, 1 wounded. within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Unclear whether charges will be brought against the homeowner... What's up with this "will the homeowner be charged? Second like story from Michigan. Here: Attempted ...

Like Tree20Likes
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 3 Post By maxwell97
  • 1 Post By ksholder
  • 1 Post By high pockets
  • 1 Post By Bama61
  • 1 Post By tdave
  • 1 Post By CowboyKen
  • 1 Post By oakchas
  • 3 Post By RETSUPT99
  • 3 Post By RickyD
  • 2 Post By molleur
  • 1 Post By NONAME762
  • 1 Post By NONAME762

Thread: MI: Flint, this time. Two intruders shot, 1 dead, 1 wounded.

MI: Flint, this time. Two intruders shot, 1 dead, 1 wounded.

Unclear whether charges will be brought against the homeowner...

What's up with this "will the homeowner be charged? Second like story from Michigan.

Here: Attempted home invasion ends in shooting - WNEM TV 5
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

2. Remove Ads

Probably some reporter asked if the homeowner would be charged, and an officer was so astounded by the stupidity of the question that he couldn't form an answer. Therefore, it's "unclear whether that homeowner would face any charges."
    "Yet this government never of itself furthered any enterprise, but by the alacrity with which it got out of the way... The character inherent in the American people has done all that has been accomplished; and it would have done somewhat more, if the government had not sometimes got in its way."

VIP Member
    So, the dead guy appears to be holding on in critical condition according to the article.

Police say the homeowner shot the two suspects. The suspects are both African American males believed to be in their 20s.

Both men were transported to Hurley Medical Center where one is listed in critical condition. The other suspect is listed in good condition.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

By Wesley Goheen, Web Managing Editor
    I think Wesley Goheen just got this off the police blotter and put it online without checking accuracy, or completeness.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    "If you make something idiot proof, someone will make a better idiot."

- Anon

It doesn't sound like the home owner should be charged, however with the reporting that's been going on lately there could be a lot more to the story that he didn't bother to find out.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Be interesting to see a more accurate report with better details. However if it's simply a home owner defending him and his against an unlawful attack. If it is shown he was justified and there is no grounds for charges. It will probably no longer be newsworthy.
    gatorbait51 likes this.

gatorbait51 likes this.

Many (if not most)crimes are not completely random. In many cases, the victim knows their attacker(s). I do appreciate the update, although the film says nothing about the possibility that the victim knew his attackers, or that he may face charges, only the text says that.
    gatorbait51 likes this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Two dirtbags shot during a 5 AM home invasion? They certainly were not early morning mormon missionaries...they got exactly what they deserved, and I doubt that the home owner will be charged.
    molleur, gatorbait51 and OldVet like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member
    The article uses the term "home invasion". This is a term that implies that the suspects forcefully entered the home with the intent to commit a crime. MI law actually defines it further into 3 degrees with different definitions and punishments for each. If the suspects broke into the home to do some harm, I would hope that the homeowner would not be charged for self-defense.

Of course, this article is so poorly written that it would not be surprising to find out that the author would use the term without actually looking up the legal definition for his state...
    tdave, molleur and gatorbait51 like this.

Distinguished Member
    Worst case, BG's are still off the street!
    gatorbait51 and tdave like this.
    "Don't shout for help at night, you may wake your neighbors"

Quote Originally Posted by molleur View Post
    Worst case, BG's are still off the street!
    No worst case would be the BG's get away Scott free and the GG pays the fiddler.
    tdave likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

After reading various accounts as reported by the local media I would only hope the local LE has more on the ball than what passes as local news reporters. RickyD and RET SUPT seem to have a better handle on this than the so called journalists. Clearly the homeowner needs more range time. At least 2 scumbags are off the streets temporarily.
    tdave likes this.
    Firing a suppressed is on my Bucket List.

I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.

America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Links