Home-Invasion Las Vegas, NV

This is a discussion on Home-Invasion Las Vegas, NV within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Las Vegas Sun 2-8-05 Story by Stephen Curran. Metro Police were investigating what they believe was a botched home invasion robbery early this morning that ...

Thread: Home-Invasion Las Vegas, NV

1952 - 2006

Las Vegas Sun 2-8-05
    Story by Stephen Curran.

Metro Police were investigating what they believe was a botched home invasion robbery early this morning that left the intruder dead.

Officers responded tothe Adobe Villas apartment complex in the 3500 block of East Lake Mead Blvd. near Pecos Road after a 34-year old shooting victim at University Medical Center told hospital personnel he had shot a would-be robber in his apartment this morning, police said.

The shooting occured between 1 a.m. and 2 a.m. after the alleged intruder entered a second-floor apartment, Homicide Sgt Clint Robison said.

There apparently was a violent struggle in which furniture and other belongings were damaged, Robinson said. The resident was then shot twice before he killed the intruder, he told police.

The apartment resident's injuries were not life-threatening, and he was recovering this morning at UMC.

Neither his name nor the intruder's were released this morning.

Detectives are looking into whether the two men knew each other, Robison said. Evidence indicated the resident was trying to defend himself, he said, and the resident is not expected to be charged with a crime.

"It looks like self-defense," Robison said. "But usually it's the other way (with the resident as the victim)."
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

If the neighborhood gets a couple of these under their belt the BG's will leave them be. I can't imagine being alerted in the am with an intruder, your body has to say OK its fight time and you have to be so wired. I would say the guy who went through this once will be a little more calmer the second time.
    As you slide down the banister of life,
    May the splinters never point the wrong way.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Bob, I know you and I discussed this, have you heard anything new on this matter?

~A
    Fave Quotes

The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live!!!

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.
    Edmund Burke

The worst thing in this world, next to anarchy, is government.
    Henry Ward Beecher

1952 - 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by APachon
    Bob, I know you and I discussed this, have you heard anything new on this matter?

~A
    Not as of yet.
    Heroes are people who do what has to be done, when it has to be done, regardless of the consequences

"I like when the enemy shoots at me; then I know where the ******** are and can kill them."
    ~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Here is another Las Vegas home invasion I read of.
    ==
    LAS VEGAS (AP) -- An elderly Las Vegas couple was stabbed overnight in a home invasion attack in the city's northwest.

Police are looking for the assailants who confronted a woman in her garage -- stabbing her multiple times and her husband three times before fleeing the residence (near Buffalo and Westcliff) just off Summerlin Parkway.

The man and the woman are in stable condition at UMC and are expected to recover.

Police were unable to locate the suspect after conducting a house-to-house search.

The case is still under investigation. Anyone with information regarding this incident are encouraged to contact Crime Stoppers at 385-5555 or the Metro Robbery section at 229-3591. A cash reward is being offered for any information that will lead to the arrest and conviction of those responsible
    ==
    Is it a local custom for people to enter their home from their garage?? The reason for asking was Andy had something like this happen where a guy entered his garage with a knife(bad for the guy).
    ---
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    I know that since I have an attached garage I almost always enter my house from the garage. I park the vehicle in the garage, and enter the house through the garage door. Most people that can actually park their cars in their garages around here do the same thing. I'm not in Vegas, but it makes sense to me that people would do it that way.

-Scott-

1952 - 2006
    That's exactly the way it's frequently done here in Las Vegas, most homes have an attached garage, you open the garage with the "clickie", park your car and enter the house from the garage.

~George Patton

DE OPPRESSO LIBER

We have a mixture out here it seems. Some folks park in the drive and have the garage as a wharehouse, others park in the garage. Our garage have various access to the house, some like you indicated, some have a side door to exit the garage etc. I was just curious more about home design out that way. thanks.
    ---
    NRA Life Member

Links