Houston: resident shoots 1 of 3 home invaders

This is a discussion on Houston: resident shoots 1 of 3 home invaders within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Invader was airlifted to hospital. Story: Resident shoots suspect during home invasion | abc13.com...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By oakchas
  • 1 Post By Geezer
  • 1 Post By ccw9mm

Thread: Houston: resident shoots 1 of 3 home invaders

Invader was airlifted to hospital.

Story: Resident shoots suspect during home invasion | abc13.com
    lionround and msgt/ret like this.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

I love a story with a happy ending. Could have been happier with three dead perps.
    If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?
    -- Steven Wright
    1950 Colt .38 Police Positive Special
    2013 SCCY 9mm CPX-2 Stainless Steel
    US Army 1973-1977, 95B

33% isn't good enough. The guy needs some range time.
    Whip12 likes this.

VIP Member
    Should have used a stork if they were going to air lift the idiot.
    You do something against the law, why does society have to pay out big time?

It isn't like the nearest hospital was hours away.
    Normal ambulance should have sufficed.
    Glad the homeowner got at least one, and the other sounds as though he stuck around for his buddy who got popped.
    Who says there is no honor among thieves?
    Ha Ha.
    I would rather die with good men than hide with cowards
    If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans.
    Politics is the art of looking for trouble, finding it whether it exists or not, diagnosing it incorrectly, and applying the wrong remedy."

M&Pc .357sig, 2340Sigpro .357sig

That young man was airlifted to Ben Taub Hospital
    Hopefully in Tel Aviv, Israel and DOA.

The third fled the scene once gunfire erupted.
    You think? Journalism in decline I'd say.

Investigators are looking into whether these suspects were responsible for any earlier incidents in the area
    Good solid bet, I'd say.

At least it has a happier than it could have ending.
    "A Smith & Wesson always beats 4 aces!"

The Man Prayer. "Im a man, I can change, if I have to.....I guess!" ~ Red Green

Distinguished Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    I don't have stats but seems home invasions on the rise esp with multiple attackers. A scary thought to take on more than one. Will practice up with multiple targets!

Exactly the outcome we hope for.

Two of three perps in custody, that's not bad. Trouble is, there is now one disgruntled perp on the streets who knows darned well where the guy lives. Caution is due.

If as reported, then each of the perps in question should be charged with the full truck load. Costs of the first responders and hospital care, costs to the GG, damage to the residence, costs in recompense for the waste of time, and all the rest. Sock it to 'em. All three of them. And if the one perp on a slab expires, then charge the remaining two with felony murder.
    msgt/ret likes this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Hmm, trigger control, sight acquisition, trigger control, sight acquisition........
    Practice makes perfect!
    No one really knows what is going to go on in one of these situations....we all hope, and hopefully practice and think about what you would do, and how we will be able to handle the consequences of the outcome...
    But we don't. So good to the situation that ends in the 'victims' favor, but never let your own thoughts about what happened be prejudicial in your response to one that you haven't experienced.
    Just sayin'...

VIP Member
    At least the homeowner came out of it relatively ok. Two bg's out of the equation and one on the run. Heck he'll probably try something else and get nabbed or shot.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

Probably would have got all three except perhaps he judged in those seconds before he shot that the one he wounded would turn his life around with a little nudge, and the one he let get away is in the process of becoming Quanell X2.5 turbo charged. The other guy he just figured was a lost cause.

Mustnt take away those second third and 33rd chances ya know.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post

Two of three perps in custody, that's not bad. Trouble is, there is now one disgruntled perp on the streets who knows darned well where the guy lives. Caution is due.

If as reported, then each of the perps in question should be charged with the full truck load. Costs of the first responders and hospital care, costs to the GG, damage to the residence, costs in recompense for the waste of time, and all the rest. Sock it to 'em. All three of them. And if the one perp on a slab expires, then charge the remaining two with felony murder.

Hay now this guy, Mister CCW9mm thinks on his feet!!

Some years ago I got hurt at the Park where I was working at the time. I got hurt pretty good or at least I was plenty scared I was hurt worse so I went with option 2 which meant going to the ER in an ambulance Code 3. How come I didn't get a chopper??? The LZ where I was could have landed 6 Huey's at the same time!!

I'm with CCW on this.

I'm also all for the GG getting in some serious range time. One out of 3 BGs is lousy in my book. Plus the BG who got away is still a viable threat for the GG.
    I'm just a spoke in the wheel but not a big deal.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.
    Give me Liberty or give me BACON!!!
    You know that look women give you when they want some sugar? Me neither

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post

Hay now this guy, Mister CCW9mm thinks on his feet!!

Some years ago I got hurt at the Park where I was working at the time. I got hurt pretty good or at least I was plenty scared I was hurt worse so I went with option 2 which meant going to the ER in an ambulance Code 3. How come I didn't get a chopper??? The LZ where I was could have landed 6 Huey's at the same time!!

I'm with CCW on this.

I'm also all for the GG getting in some serious range time. One out of 3 BGs is lousy in my book. Plus the BG who got away is still a viable threat for the GG.
    America...a Constitutional Republic. NOT a democracy as the liberals would have us believe.

Sorry for the double post Mods. My 'pooter is literally on the ropes and I'm broke till payday.
    So delete the extra but save the udder and we be cool.

up!

Sorry for the double post Mods. My 'pooter is literally on the ropes and I'm broke till payday.
    So delete the extra but save the udder and we be cool.

up!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links