Kansas has First Use of CCH

This is a discussion on Kansas has First Use of CCH within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Well it happened right here in the Capital City of Topeka Kansas last Friday. Right here where everyone likes to rally behind the anti gun ...

Thread: Kansas has First Use of CCH

Kansas has First Use of CCH

Well it happened right here in the Capital City of Topeka Kansas last Friday. Right here where everyone likes to rally behind the anti gun politicians, right here in their own back yard.

Last Friday night an attemped armed robbery went bad when an Oklahoma man with a valid CCW stepped in and stopped the crime. The local paper is doing their best to play it down but the TV stations have aired it and the 2 storys I have seen have been very positive.

Here is a link to the story.
    http://www.ksnt.com/news/local/5300366.html
    http://www.wibw.com/news/headlines/5297376.html

I put this here so everyone can see how fast this has happened. Less than a month and already the new Kansas Law is working. If it should be moved to another place than please move it.
    Last edited by freetrapper; January 23rd, 2007 at 09:23 AM. Reason: Added second news story.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Say it ain't so. Using a stolen gun in a robbery. Wearing on oversized jacket while wearing a red du rag on your head, no, not right. Wonder if he had both sets of his drawers hanging out of his sagged, down to the knee pants. I think it is great!!!! Knew someone was gonna be first, probably in Topeka or Wichita, just happy that it wasn't the GG that got shot. Now maybe some of the anti's will realize that if the BG's dont know who is carrying, they will think twice before showing us how stupid they really are. Probably not. Bet ya the other slug that ran away didn't even know CCW was here and alive. Bet he and other pieces of garbage loike him will think before they try to be a Darwin award winner in the future.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Quote Originally Posted by freetrapper View Post
    Last Friday night an attemped armed robbery went bad when an Oklahoma man with a valid CCW stepped in and stopped the crime.
    Sounds like it went "good."

The local paper is doing their best to play it down ...
    The folks at that newspaper prefer the death of innocent citizens, I suppose. GG 1; hypocrites 0.

Quote Originally Posted by mech1369dlw View Post
    Bet he and other pieces of garbage loike him will think before they try to be a Darwin award winner in the future.
    Probably too much to ask for, but ditto on the sentiment.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The first article really puts a positive spin on legal concealed carry. Nice to hear from "the Media".

Sounds like a good shoot, which is a plus. :)
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    How anyone, even an anti, could read that story and STILL not want us (the law abiding) to be able to LEGALLY carry weapons is beyond me.

But some do....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Topeka Kansas Shooting

Channel 49 had the most positive story:

Concealed carry permit holder shoots suspect
    Story by Jesse Fray (Contact)
    6:40 p.m. Monday, January 22, 2007

An Oklahoma concealed-carry permit holder thwarted a robbery at a Topeka convenience store Friday night, police said.
    Police said 57-year-old Michael Mah shot a 17-year-old suspect who was trying to rob the Phillips 66 at 29th and Randolph, after telling him to drop his weapon. The owner of the store, Dean Yee, told police two men ran inside, when one of them pointed a gun at him and demanded money. Concealed weapons advocates said Mah did the right thing.
    “The bad guys … better be careful who they pick on,” said Troy Powell, a retired cop who recently moved here from Texas.
    Powell said the shooting is exactly what concealed-carry is intended for.
    “The guy was right there on scene and had firsthand knowledge that it was happening,” said Powell. “I think he reacted appropriately and probably he could’ve saved that guy’s life and his own.”
    Police said Mah shot the man just once.
    “I don’t think any of these people that carry-concealed are wanting to do someone it, they’re just wanting to stop the guy, to keep him from hurting … someone else,” Powell said.
    Mah had a concealed carry permit from Oklahoma, one of 22 states from which permit holders can also carry a weapon in Kansas, police said.
    Powell said the shooting reaffirms the decision legislators made last year to override the governor’s veto and pass the law.
    “This incident, it supports that they’re right,” he said. “Concealed carry is a privilege that citizens should have.”
    Police said the man who shot the suspect likely won’t be charged with a crime, since he had a valid permit. But, the final decision will be left up to the district attorney.
    The man was one of 10 people injured in shooting’s last Friday.
    "The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms..."
    ~Samuel Adams

It's good to know that everything worked out for the better. I am quite happy that Kansas is a safer place now.
    Beretta 92FS

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    We all need to take a moment and thank the "yute" for demonstrating to all his accomplices the dangers of criminal activity in this brave new world.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Distinguished Member Array lowflyer's Avatar
    Check out the slight bias from the KC Star:
    http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansas...l/16530360.htm
    Posted on Wed, Jan. 24, 2007

A first for Kansas Licensee used concealed gun

Kansas has recorded its first confirmed shooting involving a concealed-gun licensee since the state’s concealed-weapons law took effect this month.

Michael Mah, 57, shot an armed 17-year-old robbery suspect just before 9 p.m. Friday at a gas station in Topeka. Mah held a license from Oklahoma.

Earlier that day, Attorney General Paul Morrison announced that Kansas was honoring permits from 22 states, including Oklahoma. Topeka police said Tuesday that the robbery suspect remained in a hospital and that the gun he had was stolen.
    | Benita Y. Williams, bwilliams@kcstar.com | David Klepper, dklepper@kcstar.com
    Whatever doesn't kill you postpones the inevitable.

"The case will now be reviewed by the District Attorney".
    We won't know if it has a good ending or not until we learn what he decides to do.
    I'm a child of the 60's, but I got over it.

No Mercy For Dirtbags...

one less BG in the world!

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links