GOOD: 71 Year Old Concealed Carrier Shoots and Kills Man Who Assaulted His Wife

This is a discussion on GOOD: 71 Year Old Concealed Carrier Shoots and Kills Man Who Assaulted His Wife within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; [Video] 71 Year Old Concealed Carrier Shoots and Kills Man Who Assaulted His Wife A 71 year old concealed carrier in Texas shot and killed ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree59Likes

Thread: GOOD: 71 Year Old Concealed Carrier Shoots and Kills Man Who Assaulted His Wife

VIP Member

GOOD: 71 Year Old Concealed Carrier Shoots and Kills Man Who Assaulted His Wife

[Video] 71 Year Old Concealed Carrier Shoots and Kills Man Who Assaulted His Wife

A 71 year old concealed carrier in Texas shot and killed a thief who also assaulted his wife outside of a grocery store in Dallas, Texas.
    The BG knocked the woman to the ground and attempted to rob her. The husband drew his concealed handgun and fired several shots at the BG, killing him. A grand jury will decide if it was a lawful shooting, but police don't expect charges to be filed.

In Texas, deadly force can be used in certain situations to stop a criminal who is fleeing with stolen property.

Also here: Man with concealed handgun shoots robbery suspect

Police say witnesses described the incident as self defense. The husband was released, but a grand jury referral was made by officers.
    AverageJoe130 and Aceoky like this.
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

Distinguished Member Array Black Knight's Avatar
    Hope the Grand Jury decides this was justified. It sure would be if I were there. His wife would most likely have been in her 60s. In my opinion this outlaw got exactly what he deserved. Too bad we can no longer hunt these outlaws down and bring them to justice like the posses of old.

I guess I would be looking at a grand jury if some fool did that to my wife and I'm older then he is but I'm not going to worry or lose sleep if it happens.
    foxytwo, NONAME762 and Aceoky like this.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowwalker View Post
    I guess I would be looking at a grand jury if some fool did that to my wife and I'm older then he is but I'm not going to worry or lose sleep if it happens.
    I'm slowly beginning to realize there really isn't much that can be done to punish us old dudes. Worst case, "death penalty." We'll be dead
    long before the courts hear the first appeal; maybe before the first trial. Heck, an 18 y.o. murderer in these parts has been
    waiting for his trial now for 3 years-- and counting.

Of course they could really get to us by making us look after rug rats not our own, between naps.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    I'm slowly beginning to realize there really isn't much that can be done to punish us old dudes. Worst case, "death penalty." We'll be dead
    long before the courts hear the first appeal; maybe before the first trial.
    Heck, an 18 y.o. murderer in these parts has been

Of course they could really get to us by making us look after rug rats not our own, between naps.
    Kinda liberating ain't it.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wmhawth View Post
    Kinda liberating ain't it.
    You betchah. 70s are great. You get to do lots of socializing with doctors and nurses. Some of the nurses are worth socializing with.
    BkCo1, aznav, TIDEHSV and 1 others like this.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    long before the courts hear the first appeal; maybe before the first trial. Heck, an 18 y.o. murderer in these parts has been

LOL! I agree in the main, since I'm in my mid-70s. However, I wouldn't relish having a huge chunk taken out of my net worth for defense counsel...

Way to go!
    Gunowner99 - NRA Life Member

Don't mess with an old guy with a gun.
    SatCong and Aceoky like this.
    I carry a gun, because a Cop is too heavy.

Second Amendment: The difference between politicians and rulers.

U.S. Army, Retired
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Distinguished Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    Get off my lawn!
    Hopyard, aznav and Aceoky like this.

Caught in the act of robbery.
    Stopped, in the act of robbery.

Pretty simple formula, there. Particularly in Texas.

Hopefully the GJ sees it as simply as it reads in that article.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Dont see how they can charge him with anything. Third person defense, several conditions of disparity of force. One age of BG vs age of husband. Two Age of BG vs Age of wife. Three male BG attacking female victim with physical force likely to cause serious bodily harm.

i know in Texas every shooting goes to a grand jury but there shouldnt be any need in this case. Here this wouldnt get taken any farther than the scene if it is as reported
    Aceoky likes this.
    " It is sad governments are chief'ed by the double tongues." quote Ten Bears Movie Outlaw Josie Wales

Quote Originally Posted by Ghost1958 View Post
    Dont see how they can charge him with anything.

Charge him with what ... defending against robbery?

Hopefully the GJ will agree he's the GG here, instead of searching for some infraction that'll paint him as some sort of bad actor in the situation.
    Aceoky and Ghost1958 like this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: Why the Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

TVJ
    PENAL CODE CHAPTER 9. JUSTIFICATION EXCLUDING CRIMINAL RESPONSIBILITY

Sec. 9.32. DEADLY FORCE IN DEFENSE OF PERSON. (a) A person is justified in using deadly force against another:

(1) if the actor would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.31; and

(2) when and to the degree the actor reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to protect the actor against the other's use or attempted use of unlawful deadly force; or

(B) to prevent the other's imminent commission of aggravated kidnapping, murder, sexual assault, aggravated sexual assault, robbery, or aggravated robbery.
    and

Sec. 9.42. DEADLY FORCE TO PROTECT PROPERTY. A person is justified in using deadly force against another to protect land or tangible, movable property:

(1) if he would be justified in using force against the other under Section 9.41; and

(2) when and to the degree he reasonably believes the deadly force is immediately necessary:

(A) to prevent the other's imminent commission of arson, burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, theft during the nighttime, or criminal mischief during the nighttime; or

(B) to prevent the other who is fleeing immediately after committing burglary, robbery, aggravated robbery, or theft during the nighttime from escaping with the property; and

(3) he reasonably believes that:

(A) the land or property cannot be protected or recovered by any other means; or

(B) the use of force other than deadly force to protect or recover the land or property would expose the actor or another to a substantial risk of death or serious bodily injury.

Disparity of force given his age. Well done Grandpa. I send best wishes to your wife for a speedy recovery.
    oneshot and Aceoky like this.
    The United States Constitution 1791. All Rights Reserved.

"When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men in a society, over the course of time they create for themselves a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that glorifies it."
    - Frederic Bastiat

Senior Moderator
    There will be no charges; I believe that in TX it always goes to a Grand Jury.
    Good for this old guy...glad the dirtbag will not knock down any other women...
    oneshot, aznav and Aceoky like this.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links