BG: 0.5 / McDonalds employee: 1

This is a discussion on BG: 0.5 / McDonalds employee: 1 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Didn't see this posted so if it was, my apologies, and merge as necessary. McDonalds shooting in Charlotte NC. ------------------------------------ A man who police say ...

Thread: BG: 0.5 / McDonalds employee: 1

BG: 0.5 / McDonalds employee: 1

Didn't see this posted so if it was, my apologies, and merge as necessary.

McDonalds shooting in Charlotte NC.

------------------------------------

A man who police say was shot by an employee when he attempted to rob a McDonalds restaurant Thursday night in west Charlotte has died of his wounds.

Police say the District Attorney's office will decide if charges will be filed in the case.

According to police, Donte McFadden, 20, entered the restaurant about 10 p.m. and attempted to rob the place at gunpoint.

An employee who was armed with a handgun began a shootout with McFadden. Several shots were fired, including one that struck a female employee. McFadden was seriously injured and taken by Medic to Carolinas Medical Center, where he died overnight of his injuries.

The wounded employee also was hospitalized, but police say her injuries were not life-threatening.

The employee who shot at McFadden was not injured. His identity has not been released.

Police say several other employees were in the restaurant at the time, but none of them was injured. There apparently were no customers in the McDonalds when the shootout took place.

------------------------

No word as to whether or not this guy was a CHL holder or not, but in all, I think a good shoot.

2. Remove Ads

I hope the employee who was hit didn't get tagged by friendly fire. Assuming she was hit by the BG, then I have to say it sounds like a good shooting.

It would be great if this employee has a chl. I've read too many times where the robber kills all the employees and they find them the next morning. I hope the other employee who got shot was not the fault of the GG and that they recover fast. Hope this was a good shoot.

http://www.charlotte.com/mld/charlotte/16558610.htm

Killed in the shooting was Donte Antonio McFadden, 20, who police say attempted to rob the store with a handgun.

McFadden was featured in a 1995 Observer story about his youth baseball team, organized to keep kids out of trouble in one of Charlotte's most violent neighborhoods.

Police would not name the 25-year-old shooter Friday because he has not been charged. Detectives are investigating and will ask prosecutors to decide whether charges are appropriate.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Thank you, President Clinton, for the midnight baseball team that kept this youth out of trouble.

Sheez, to think that if not for your 1994 Omnibu**#&@^ Crime Bill, this kid might have, say, started committing armed robberies!

Oh, and P.S. thank you for the 100,000 new cops on the street, too.

"An employee who was armed with a handgun began a shootout with McFadden."
    Twisting of the facts #1: The armed gunman criminal started the shootout by escalating eating at McDonalds to a capital crime. The citizen defended life and liberty. Heck, at least they didn't resort to the normal headline of "Vigilante without license shoots customer," or some such. I suppose that's something.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Links