Milwaukee woman exchanges gunfire...

This is a discussion on Milwaukee woman exchanges gunfire... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; ... With a would be armed robber. He showed her his, she showed him, hers. And she shot at him. He shot back. Sounds like ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: Milwaukee woman exchanges gunfire...

... With a would be armed robber.

He showed her his, she showed him, hers. And she shot at him. He shot back. Sounds like both need more range time.

Story: Woman pulls out gun, fires at would-be robber | Local News - Home

Might be mobile only link.
    Rats!
    It could be worse!
    I suppose

Distinguished Member
    Good for her for not letting herself be a push over by a bg.
    Aceoky and NONAME762 like this.
    NRA Member
    GOA Member
    US Army Vet

VIP Member
    Gee golly. A successful DATD; Whatever happened to Guantes? This story needs a narrator.
    If the Union is once severed, the line of separation will grow wider and wider, and the controversies which are now debated and settled in the halls of legislation will then be tried in fields of battle and determined by the sword.
    Andrew Jackson

Distinguished Member
    And the myth perpetrated by "Moms against" suffers another terminal blow. A case where a gun helped.

I wonder if they feel totally humiliated every time this happens, and if so I wonder if they realize that means they are cheering for the bad guys?
    Typos are for the entertainment of the reader. Don't let it go to your head

Quote Originally Posted by oakchas View Post
    ... With a would be armed robber.

He showed her his, she showed him, hers. And she shot at him. He shot back. Sounds like both need more range time.

Story: Woman pulls out gun, fires at would-be robber | Local News - Home

Might be mobile only link.
    From what I've heard from LEO friends. BGs don't frequent ranges that much and, in fact, most are barely familiar with their weapons and, in most cases, have never even fired them. I agree she needs more range time...
    ep1953, bowserb, bigpapa and 2 others like this.

Quote Originally Posted by TIDEHSV View Post
    From what I've heard from LEO friends. BGs don't frequent ranges that much and, in fact, most are barely familiar with their weapons and, in most cases, have never even fired them. I agree she needs more range time...
    Absolutely she does. But bear in mind that the police miss in a gun fight on a regular basis. It is after all a stressful situation they found themselves in.
    baren and bigpapa like this.

Quote Originally Posted by farsidefan1 View Post
    And the myth perpetrated by "Moms against" suffers another terminal blow. A case where a gun helped.

I wonder if they feel totally humiliated every time this happens, and if so I wonder if they realize that means they are cheering for the bad guys?
    No way. They just retreat into their bubble protected by the media and act like defensive gun use stories like this never happen. Seriously, what reporter is going to ask Shannon to square a story like this to her idiotic comment that defensive gun uses never happen. The economy isn't that good and reporters are fighting to not be fired so there is no way a reporter is going to do this career limiting or career ending move. Sad but true.
    Kahr CW380, Kahr P9, Walther P99AS

I say good for the lady. Chalk one up for defensive carry.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Aceoky likes this.

She lived so victory. She needs to hit the range though. Bad guys have enough of an advantage with the element of surprise

Local laws apply. In my location, introducing deadly force into a robery would get you in far more trouble than the bad guy.

Had she complied and given up whatever he wanted, no bullets would have flown. In this case, no innocent child died, no innocent father died, sitting inside their home, a mile away. Thank goodness.

Her actions may have been reckless and endangered citizens in her community.

Very bad move on her part?

Having a CC permit is not justification to endanger the public over ones personal replacable items like ID, cash and credit cards. She acted foolishly? and could have killed innocent children.

Yes it is ok to defend your life with deadly force in some circumstances, but defending property, and ramping up a gun fight in a residential neighborhood over a wallet with lunch money in it?

Sounds to me she spent more time watching John Wayne movies than aquiring proper training in the use of defensive tactics to properly defend herself. IMHO.
    bigpapa likes this.
    NRA Golden Eagles Benefactor Life CRSO Pistol Instructor RSOi CPi PPITHi PPOTHi RTBAV
    Glock Armorer 19cutaway 20 20SF 21cutaway 21C 22C 23C 27 32 22LR 460
    Nebraska Concealed Carry Instructor, 32 years CC Experience, Retired FFL Dealer

RT
    It's easy to sit back and criticize by saying she needs more range time. Who knows? Maybe she is more than proficient when it comes to punching holes in paper at the range. Maybe she has multiple training classes under her belt. We just don't know. All the training and range time in the world could go to hell pretty quickly when the SHTF. Look at all the police shootouts in which the officers missed their mark. Some of them were probably pretty well trained and damn good shots at the range.
    bigpapa likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by NRAforLIFE View Post
    Local laws apply. In my location, introducing deadly force into a robery would get you in far more trouble than the bad guy.

Had she complied and given up whatever he wanted, no bullets would have flown. In this case, no innocent child died, no innocent father died, sitting inside their home, a mile away. Thank goodness.

Having a CC permit is not justification to endanger the public over ones personal replacable items like ID, cash and credit cards. She acted foolishly? and could have killed innocent children.

Yes it is ok to defend your life with deadly force in some circumstances, but defending property, and ramping up a gun fight in a residential neighborhood over a wallet with lunch money in it?

Sounds to me she spent more time watching John Wayne movies than aquiring proper training in the use of defensive tactics to properly defend herself. IMHO.
    Do you recommend a whistle then????
    baren, DBX, emawildcat and 1 others like this.
    Don"t let stupid be your skill set....

Never be ashamed of a scar. It simply means, that you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you......

Unfortunately, giving up property is no guarantee at all that her life would have been spared. It sounds logical, but when one is dealing with a sociopath/drug addict, logic goes out the window...
    baren, bigpapa, DBX and 1 others like this.

All the facts are pretty absent in that story. We do not know what happened. We do know a gun battle took place over a robery attempt. We know the shots went astray from their intended targets (good in her case)

What was the victim doing out in the dark? It is her right to go anywhere in a free society but was this choice prudent? It is best to purchase gas at 2pm and not 2am. The choices we make, can make us targets.

I am guessing she was making herself a target and getting out of a fix, she set herself up for. Maybe not.

Glad she is ok and glad she did not shoot and kill innocent people in her gun fight.

Most of us carry a gun for a lifetime and never use it, and other folks have a gun a short time and think it is a go past home card, collect $200. Not
    NRA Golden Eagles Benefactor Life CRSO Pistol Instructor RSOi CPi PPITHi PPOTHi RTBAV
    Glock Armorer 19cutaway 20 20SF 21cutaway 21C 22C 23C 27 32 22LR 460
    Nebraska Concealed Carry Instructor, 32 years CC Experience, Retired FFL Dealer

Senior Member Array CommonCents's Avatar
    It is your choice to trust your life to an armed thug. Wouldn't be mine.

TIDEHSV, baren, DBX and 1 others like this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links