Taken from warriortalk forum...intruder armed with pit bull!

This is a discussion on Taken from warriortalk forum...intruder armed with pit bull! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Recently in a class the question came up about if something were to happen and you had unarmed family members in tow, what should they ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Taken from warriortalk forum...intruder armed with pit bull!

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

Taken from warriortalk forum...intruder armed with pit bull!

Recently in a class the question came up about if something were to happen and you had unarmed family members in tow, what should they do. My recommendation was to practise scenarios with family members who were likely to be out and about with you. Such as if you have entered a spot where you had to draw a weapon, the unarmed person could move around behind the armed person, grab them by the belt and while covering the rear they could be led out. We practised this several times and under different circumstances where the unarmed person guided and played rear guard so that the armed person could keep a watch on the area of the known threat.
    About two weeks after this class I recieved this email from one of those students:

I want to thank you for providing good sound training. Unfortunately, I had to use it the other day at my house. It was about 4am when a heard what sounded like a big dog barking. Since I do not have a dog this was kind of odd. I got my 1911 and surefire flash light and headed out side to look to see what was going on. As, I glanced outside I noticed a car I had never seen before parked across the street from my house were no cars ever park. I told my wife to call the police when I heard someone kick my downstairs door in. I headed downstairs because that is where my 21 year old daughter sleeps. She met me half way a up the stairs and I used the technique that you taught us to guide her up the stairs, but before we made it to the top a Pitbull and his owner made it to the bottom. The dog was released on us and I shot the dog 5 times, at which point the owner simply gave up and laid down on the floor and started crying.

It ended up that this guy was coming to fight with my daughter because she had just broken up with him but he knew I had guns in the house so he thought his dog could keep me at bay. If I had not received training and more importantly confidence from your training class who knows what might have happened. So I just wanted to say thanks.

See you in the Speed Shooting Class in Feb.

Thx,
    Nate
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

Lead Moderator
    Any word on legal action? Guess the ex-boyfriend wasn't totally stupid, since he gave up.
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Distinguished Member Array USPnTX's Avatar
    Glad it worked out well for the GG.
    "Do not fear those who disagree with you; fear those that do and are too cowardly to admit it" - Napoleon

VIP Member
    The dog was released on us and I shot the dog 5 times, at which point the owner simply gave up and laid down on the floor and started crying.
    I feel sorry for the dog being used as a weapon, but I can't help but find something morbidly funny in all this.

And the intruder knew the homeowner was armed and still beat down his door! What a moron. He's very lucky to be alive.
    "Americans have the will to resist because you have weapons. If you don't have a gun, freedom of speech has no power." - Yoshimi Ishikawa

Quote Originally Posted by Betty View Post
    And the intruder knew the homeowner was armed and still beat down his door! What a moron. He's very lucky to be alive.
    Yep. Someone loosing a pit on me, in my home, would presumptively "be armed"- he wouldn't have had time to drop to his knees, crying. Great training, great restraint.

Pit Bulls are a deadly weapon, he should be charged with attempted murder.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

Good Job! I'd like to see this guy brought up on charges for animal cruelty. It's Pit owners like this idiot that give the breed a bad name. Again, great job!
    Last edited by Packman73; February 1st, 2007 at 06:13 PM.

terrific job!!

what charges are you bringing him up on?

There have been too many people killed by this breed . Some people don't take respondsibly for thier pitbulls and this is what happens. some times the owner should be shot instead of the dog.

Glad to hear man and family are safe. That guy should be banned from owning another dog for life.

After raising two daughters I know some of the boy friends live in their own world and may try anything.
    “Dogs offer one of the most stable and enduring friendships on this earth.”

Willard Scott

Quote Originally Posted by Sheldon J View Post
    Absolutely. If the local D.A. has any cojones, this will happen exactly this way. We'll see. Many don't and are misguided, arrogant and worse.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I had this posted in the scenario section before the server change, seems to have gotten lost, but as you see Nate won his encounter. He had taken a class a couple weeks earlier from me and we had actually used doberman targets in some of the drills, as well as a loved one grabbing you by the belt and guiding you out as you covered the danger zone with your gun. I guess Nate went home and did a few drills with the family.

OD*
    ANY dog can be, not just APBTs.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    ...Some people don't take respondsibly for thier pitbulls and this is what happens. some times the owner should be shot instead of the dog.
    +1 Almost always the case when talking about APBTs. I am the proud owner of 2 ABPTs. I cringe every time some loser uses, abuses, or generally mishandles this noble breed the same way I cringe everytime some idiot with a gun gives the antis more 'ammunition'.

I would have put the first two rounds into him and the last 5 into the dog! Idiot! He should be going away for a long time for 2 attempts to murder.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links