Columbus man shoots intruder

This is a discussion on Columbus man shoots intruder within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...newthread&f=58 COLUMBUS A man defending his South Side home shot and killed an intruder last night, police said. The shooting occurred just after 10 p.m. ...

Thread: Columbus man shoots intruder

Columbus man shoots intruder

http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...newthread&f=58

COLUMBUS

A man defending his South Side home shot and killed an intruder last night, police said.

The shooting occurred just after 10 p.m. inside 925 Lilley Ave. just south of Livingston Avenue.

According to police, the homeowner was on the second floor.

"He heard a crash through the front-door window," said Columbus police homicide detective Bill Rotthoff. "He comes downstairs and there’s a person in the living room he doesn’t know."

Police declined to release the name of the intruder, who died at Grant Medical Center, or the homeowner.

The homeowner was being interviewed early this morning by police. It was unlikely he would be charged, Rotthoff said.
    Hopefully he won't get charged. Story lacks some details, like if the intruder was armed, but all in all, good for the GG to defend himself.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

2. Remove Ads

http://www.dispatch.com/news-story.p...205-C3-02.html

Here is an update. The BG had two prior convictions for burglary. Maybe the court should have given him a real sentence the first two times and saved the homeowner the grief. He won't be stealing from anyone else though.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

The homeowner was a hero and did what he had to do. Somethings the worst thing that can happen to an inmate is to be released. Over the years I know of several who lost their lives shortly after being released. Oh well, it is one way to cut down on recidivism.

VIP Member
    Criminals just don't learn except the hard way. Glad the homeowner could defend himself.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

I was reading in the paper that they release prisoners with very little money and no where to go. There was a meeting among officials the other day about helping these excons reajust and get employement and a place to stay. I sure hope this works. I would hate to shoot the excon if he went back to his old ways and broke into my house.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    I was reading in the paper that they release prisoners with very little money and no where to go. There was a meeting among officials the other day about helping these excons reajust and get employement and a place to stay. I sure hope this works. I would hate to shoot the excon if he went back to his old ways and broke into my house.
    Yea,Right!

How About...

Quote Originally Posted by Tom G View Post
    Helping out 'honest' guys who need work?

For the BG who broke in... for his new job as a lead depository...

OMO

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I would bet that any money given to these guys upon release would end up spent on drugs or booze in a nano-second. Far too many of these guys started in the juvie system, repeated the same crap as adults, and think 'a better life' means not getting caught.

We waste too much of the capacity of our prisons on non-violent offenders, yet let the worst of the BG's back out after a very short time because of lack of space.
    Last edited by obxned; February 6th, 2007 at 12:21 PM. Reason: grammer

Good Post

"We waste too much of the capacity of our prisons on non-violent offenders, yet let the worst of the BG's back out after a very short time because of lack of space."

Good post.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    "We waste too much of the capacity of our prisons on non-violent offenders, yet let the worst of the BG's back out after a very short time because of lack of space."

Amen to this! I am not for rehab, I am for punishment for crime. Do the crime ----do the time! There are too many folks in prison for stupid mistakes, and the poor suckers stay their term while othe violent criminals get out after a few months. I really wish I understood our justice system???

Tim

Links