Pacification at the sight of a gun (last nights bizarre event) - Page 2

Pacification at the sight of a gun (last nights bizarre event)

This is a discussion on Pacification at the sight of a gun (last nights bizarre event) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Another reason it is good to call 911 first is that the BG knows you are armed and has a description of your gun. He ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pacification at the sight of a gun (last nights bizarre event)

Another reason it is good to call 911 first is that the BG knows you are armed and has a description of your gun. He can call 911 and say two guys in an Impreza were brandishing a Glock, even that you tried to rob him. When the Police check you out they find a Glock and his story is believable. Not a good situation.
    I had an episode once where I displayed my weapon, a punk was trying to intimidate me on my own property and as he came nearer I pulled back my shirt to gain access to a OWB full size Taurus 24/7. That was all I needed to do, I didn't even touch the gun as he left instantly, but I still called the Police immediately as he now could say he saw a gun and modify the story. I still frequent that neighborhood but always carry a different gun than the Taurus, presently I carry a small revolver. If we meet again I'm protected, but if he calls the cops on me saying I am brandishing then they will find an entirely different firearm and his story will be compromised.

Yeah, I think too much. Sue me.

Just a few questions for Kairo and 0.02,

When you called, did you call 911, or just call police station?
    Also, how did the police respond? Did you inform police that you exposed your weapon and if so how did they respond?

By the way, I feel you both did the right thing!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dunndw View Post

I had something similar happen to me a while back. Two cars tried to box me in. Nitrous works wonders until you hit traffic. The sight of a Glock 30 being chambered worked even better to have people rapidly lose interest in their current course of action.
    Do you normally favor carrying it without a round chambered??

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 0.02 View Post
    I still frequent that neighborhood but always carry a different gun than the Taurus, presently I carry a small revolver. If we meet again I'm protected, but if he calls the cops on me saying I am brandishing then they will find an entirely different firearm and his story will be compromised.

Yeah, I think too much. Sue me.

I think that your thinking is perfectly rational, and quite respectably circumspect and strategic. Good job.

Quote Originally Posted by quantum36 View Post
    Just a few questions for Kairo and 0.02,

When you called, did you call 911, or just call police station?
    Also, how did the police respond? Did you inform police that you exposed your weapon and if so how did they respond?

By the way, I feel you both did the right thing!
    I called the non-emergency number, I reported an altercation had occured but was now over and quoted a previous crime number I had been given when the individual in question had threatened to kill me previously and I had reported that incident.
    I made no mention of my firearm in the call.
    The Police took about an hour to arrive which was fine, the threat had gone. I explained to the officer that I had been at the last stage before unholstering and he said that this was the best tactic and I did well. He was wholly unconcerned with seeing my weapon or permit. Told me to call 911 if I saw the guy again on my property and gave me yet another crime number.

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    Anarmed society is a polite society!

Got a news link to this?
    No I don't have a link .This happened about a year ago. The paramedic was on his way to work on his day off to cover for a friend who needed off.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links