Armed Brothers stop road rage....

This is a discussion on Armed Brothers stop road rage.... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not sure if you can read it well or not....it was in the paper today. Funny. I work in news, and we didn't hear anything ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Armed Brothers stop road rage....

Not sure if you can read it well or not....it was in the paper today. Funny. I work in news, and we didn't hear anything about it. Good for the brothers!!!
    Walk softly....

Good one God Bless them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

And that is how we do that. Kudos to them for being able to stop what could easily have turned into a blood bath. May the mayor, local DA and others see fit to give credit where due and avoid (for once) the condemnation and legal wranglings against "vigilante" behavior. The police weren't right there; they were, and lives were at stake. It really is that simple.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Strange - I'm sure someone will be along shortly to take Memphis PD to task for not giving the obligatory statement:

"Of course they were brave, but they could have been hurt. We never advocate a civilian stepping in on their own, they should wait for the police"

Seriously, I'm glad that there was finally a PD who gave credit where credit was due without couching it in the standard "don't be the hero" clause.

If this trend will be use every were a lot of bad guys will think twice about doing bad things since they know that people will be looking for this type of action specially if it gets recognize by the state..
    "You can say 'stop' or 'alto' or use any other word you think will work but I've found that a large bore muzzle pointed at someone's head is pretty much the universal language."

NRA Member
    GeorgiaCarry.org

Cubsmurf you beat me to it. You sent this to me because I missed it in today's paper and I was going to post it here. But, you were faster than me.

I think those two deserve some type of commendation. They did a great job and "good job" from the Memphis PD would surely be in order.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Can anyone local to this story find the names or emails for the local PD? Maybe a few letters would help push them into giving the brothers recognition for their actions.

Senior Moderator
    Good for them
    A real man loves his wife, and places his family as the most important thing in life. Nothing has brought me more peace and content in life than simply being a good husband and father.

Assistant Administrator
    Excellent result and kudos in abundance to the brothers.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Update

On the front page of todays paper is a large picture of the two brothers holding their guns. William Webber is holding a 2 tone Kahr .40 cal and Paul Webber is holding a Keltec P3AT, which he has his finger on the trigger of....

But, there is a much more detailed write up of the incident in the paper today.
    Turns out, the man they stopped and held at gun point for 5 minutes until police showed up was also a permit holder. That doesn't sound so good for our side. Also, Paul is quoted as saying that this is the 3rd time he has pulled his .380. Once was while in a drive through when a pan handler grabbed his arm. They had to throw that in there to make him sound like a gun nut I guess.

But these two did a great job in this instance. The police seem to be pretty supportive of what they did and how they did it. They ought to considering it took the cops 5 minutes to get to a busy part of the city . Perkins road is heavily traveled and I wouldn't have expected it to take 5 minutes for an officer to get there.

Turns out too that William (The one who carries the Kahr) works at a Lennys Sub Shop in Arlington, the town I live in. So, I will be sure to go by there this weekend and buy a sub and congratulate him.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    Turns out too that William (The one who carries the Kahr) works at a Lennys Sub Shop in Arlington, the town I live in. So, I will be sure to go by there this weekend and buy a sub and congratulate him.
    Make sure you tell him that the guys/gals on CombatCarry would like to give him a congrats so he should sign up on the site ;)

Here's the online article....and he actually DOESN'T have his finger on the trigger. On the front page, you can clearly see it's BEHIND the trigger. Looks bad, but still safe.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/...402238,00.html
    Walk softly....

Brothers in arms??? Nice article, thanks for posting it.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Quote Originally Posted by CubSmurf View Post
    Here's the online article....and he actually DOESN'T have his finger on the trigger. On the front page, you can clearly see it's BEHIND the trigger. Looks bad, but still safe.

http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/...402238,00.html
    I stand corrected. Cubsmurf showed me the picture in the paper today at work and his finger is in fact behind the trigger. Still not a good habit to get into but not unsafe.

I was still a little asleep when I looked at the picture this morning.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Wow, that is some article! The brothers were given a fantastic (and fantastically rare) chance to speak good about CCW, and they did okay!

It's funny how the article worded the part about it being William's first "opportunity" to pull his Kahr. Makes it sound like he was hoping for a chance! Between that and the use of "take security into their own hands," I can't tell if the article is supposed to be pro or disparaging about CCW. (I'm thinking pro, but perhaps in a clumsy or reckless way.)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links