Kentucky guy: 1, Home intruders: 0

This is a discussion on Kentucky guy: 1, Home intruders: 0 within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Not everyone who shoots in self defense is a good guy. Most of us on this forum would have dialed 911 early in this assault. ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kentucky guy: 1, Home intruders: 0

Not everyone who shoots in self defense is a good guy. Most of us on this forum would have dialed 911 early in this assault. But if this man had illegal drugs or other contraband in the home, he may not have wanted to have the police involved at all. His attackers may have also known what was in the home and that is what they were there to take. Still, it does surprise me that he didn't retrieve the gun earlier.

2. Remove Ads

Lux
    Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    Not everyone who shoots in self defense is a good guy. Most of us on this forum would have dialed 911 early in this assault. But if this man had illegal drugs or other contraband in the home, he may not have wanted to have the police involved at all. His attackers may have also known what was in the home and that is what they were there to take. Still, it does surprise me that he didn't retrieve the gun earlier.
    Is it not possible to possess "illegal drugs or other contraband" while remaining a "good guy?"

Regardless, I'm more concerned with the shoot than the guy. If the shoot was good, then I'm satisfied. Any other issues surrounding the shooter are secondary at best.

Quote Originally Posted by Lux View Post
    Is it not possible to possess "illegal drugs or other contraband" while remaining a "good guy?"

Regardless, I'm more concerned with the shoot than the guy. If the shoot was good, then I'm satisfied. Any other issues surrounding the shooter are secondary at best.
    BINGO!

I do not break the law. I do not use, or possess "drugs". I also do not beleive in "no-knock" warrants; of any kind, for any reason. MY Constitution says I dont have to.

Regardless of all this, you forcably enter my home; cop, bad guy, prankster? You do so under fire. Molon Labe.
    "Happiness, is a warm gun" -St. John of Liverpool

Proud to be an infidel.

Quote Originally Posted by jofrdo View Post
    Not everyone who shoots in self defense is a good guy. Most of us on this forum would have dialed 911 early in this assault...

I wouldn't have wasted my time by calling 911. Calling 911 at this point would do nothing to stop the intruders from continuing with their plan and would not have produced police officers at the scene quick enough to be of any use to defending myself and my home.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links