Diner owner gives BGs a taste of his revolver - Page 2

Diner owner gives BGs a taste of his revolver

This is a discussion on Diner owner gives BGs a taste of his revolver within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; His quick thinking to secure his firearm and wait for his opportunity quite possibly saved the lives in that restaurant and indirectly saved many other ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    His quick thinking to secure his firearm and wait for his opportunity quite possibly saved the lives in that restaurant and indirectly saved many other lives by taking two guys out of the mix (one permanently) and as a warning to other would-be thugs.

+1 to him carrying on his person from now on.
    "If you so much as bunny hop I'll cut your heart out!" Billy Bob Thornton in The Last Real Cowboys

"I carry a gun for the same reason that I carry health insurance and a cell phone - be prepared."

Took A Long Time To Load...

Quote Originally Posted by speedlace View Post
    BG1:Back of the head
    BG2:In the face and back
    http://video.nbc10.com/player/?id=80414
    But it was worth it...

This owner had some balls...and deserves a medal...

Owner 1.5

BG's 0

Final Score...

Attention Liberals: This is how the real America should work!
    ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I commend Mr. Lee, and thank him for decreasing the evil population by 1.5.

As much as I think that self-defenders should be able to trumpet their accomplishment from a mountain and be proud of it, I have to wonder about the legal wisdom of Mr. Lee recounting his story for the newspeople.

Doing so is not necessary except for maybe a PR aid for his business (i.e. Hey, c'mon back, I'm a good guy and you shouldn't be afraid to eat at my restaurant.). The cops already said he won't be charged; he had to have known that by the time he was talking on tape to the newsman. That reenactment he gave cannot help him but could hurt him. Let's say there's a civil suit (there will most likely at least be an attempt). Plaintiff's attorney will probably try to slice and dice Mr. Lee's court testimony against what he said on the news tape and attempt to exploit minor inconsistencies in the retelling in order to challenge Mr. Lee's honesty and his decision.

I hope it does not come to that.

Don't you think Mr. Lee should have just politely declined to be interviewed? I know that that would leave the news station to say whatever the hell it wanted outside his restaurant, followed by, "Mr. Lee refused to speak with us or tell us why he shot a man dead and gravely wounded his friend," (barf) but as I said, the cops had already cleared him; he doesn't need the news media's approval too.

Agreed PJ.

Even as you might come out on top and totally in the clear along with blessing by the law, do not talk to the media. Stonewall them.

- Janq

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..." - Miranda warning which folks should considertoward civil court as well as criminal
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Agreed PJ.

Even as you might come out on top and totally in the clear along with blessing by the law, do not talk to the media. Stonewall them.

- Janq

"You have the right to remain silent. Anything you say can and will be used against you in a court of law..." - Miranda warning which folks should considertoward civil court as well as criminal
    Especially since the standard of proof in a civil case is different than in a criminal case. That would totally suck to be cleared of any criminal wrong doing and spend the rest of your life poor b/c some jerk decided to rob you at gunpoint, and you just defending your life. Plus the media twists thing however they please to make the biggest story possible. I say if it happens, cover your butt for a second time by being quiet.

if video won't play it's on u tube (diner robbery)
    It is not wrong to be Right
    An apeaser is a man who hopes that the crocidle eats him last

it looks like he used a revolver -- 2inch barrel? . pretty good shooting in any case. I wonder if he even had to reload.

is city of Philly not as restricted on issuing pistol permits compared to say DC or NY? anybody knows?

[QUOTE=Raider39a;is city of Philly not as restricted on issuing pistol permits compared to say DC or NY? anybody knows?[/QUOTE]

Philly is shall-issue like the rest of PA, although I have heard that acquiring a LTCF can be quite a hassle in Philly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links