They just keep on

This is a discussion on They just keep on within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Every day, you hear about some BG killing or robbing some place. Here in s.c. it makes the news all the time.Richland county, is getting ...

Thread: They just keep on

They just keep on

Every day, you hear about some BG killing or robbing some place. Here in s.c. it makes the news all the time.Richland county, is getting bad and lexington is not far behind.A lot is gangs shooting and some are robberys.Two young boys went into Zackbe while it was full of people eating and demanded the young girl working there, to hand over the money.She was trying to get the cash door open and the BG was yelling for her to hurry.One of the BGs, shot his hand gun into the ceiling. They left and were caught later on.I guess my point is,Is it safe to go anywhere out with your family anymore? What has gone wrong with people. They are animals. Its good no one was killed, or if a ccp holder was there at the time, there could a dead BG or worse, I know now why I carry. Any where,any time, you can be in harms way. Don,t leave home with out it! You can be caught in a place, where you don,t think this is going to happen.

2. Remove Ads

From Another Thread...

"Bad Guys...don't make appointments."

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Sad state of the world, isn't it? I refuse to deprive my family of living life. If we want to go, we go. Someplaces we go keep me more alert than others. This alertness has caused me to act early to avoid a threat numerous times. At least once I can recall it has saved my bacon without a doubt. We'll never know how many times we crossed the street or ducked into store, or didn't park on that side of the mall for nothing, but I'm OK with it. I will feel much better when My CPL arrives and I have more options than flee. (still the preferred tactic, but nobody catches every threat ahead of time)
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    "Bad Guys...don't make appointments."

ret
    +1

They only take opportunities.
    Friendship... is not something you learn in school. But if you haven't learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven't learned anything.
    Muhammad Ali

"Peace through superior firepower" - it's not just a slogan!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

It's a shame that you cant go into these convenience stores without being afraid that you may be robbed or walk in on a robbery. I feel for the people who have to work there. These stores seem to be a BG magnet.

it's funny if you think about it. I've seen more secure convenience stores and gas stations (bullet resistant glass/plexi) than banks.
    What's this button do?

Quote Originally Posted by shovel View Post
    Is it safe to go anywhere out with your family anymore?
    Safety is a relative thing. it never was "safe" to go out with your family. There has always been a brazen criminal element. Your awareness has changed more than culture, and that's a good thing!

Until the police to citizen ratio hits 1:1, you go on and keep your family safe.

Yeah, it's a shame our kids and their kids won't be able to share the same feelings of relief we had as youngsters. I remember walking into the local country store bare footed as a kid. The only thing I was concerned about was how hot the pavement was. You didn't hear of robberies in stores. Occassionally something would be missing from the barn, but no one got hurt. My grandparents only locked the doors when they traveled on vacation or occassionally if they knew they would be gone for an extended period to town. Hearing of a murder was extremely shocking because it rarely happened. I wish my kids could experience that.

Robbery, murder, larceny, and criminal activity in general has been with us since the dawn of man.
    As there have been more people in an area there has been more crime.
    Towns and cities grow or die and so does crime & criminals.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Yes there is a lot of violent crime out there but statistically this society is safer now that it was when I was born more than 30 years ago.http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/bjs/cvict.htm

We are so saturated with instant news from all across the country almost the instant it happens. These days I think we just hear about every incident that happens all across the country where 30 years ago we may never know of a violent encounter that happens in other regions of the country. We really weren't safer then we just thought we were.
    "The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good.
    --George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by LBrombach View Post
    Sad state of the world, isn't it? I refuse to deprive my family of living life. If we want to go, we go. Someplaces we go keep me more alert than others. This alertness has caused me to act early to avoid a threat numerous times. At least once I can recall it has saved my bacon without a doubt. We'll never know how many times we crossed the street or ducked into store, or didn't park on that side of the mall for nothing, but I'm OK with it. I will feel much better when My CPL arrives and I have more options than flee. (still the preferred tactic, but nobody catches every threat ahead of time)
    Agreed! I carry 24/7 where it is legal. I live within 15 miles of the District of Crime. My wife works in DC. So I need to go in there sometimes. Also, occassionally there is an event in DC that we REALLY want to go to.

We could say that we won't go into DC but we both feel that we are not going to let politicians, sheeple governments or bad guys dictate where and when we will go places.

Situational awareness has become a big part of my life. I think I can avoid most bad situations by being aware. But since we are all human and make mistakes, I carry my Spyderco with me when venturing in to DC.
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Quote Originally Posted by shovel View Post
    Is it safe to go anywhere out with your family anymore?

i guess growing up in NYC has its advantages: . my neighborhood was so dangerous that everyone walked around "condition red" 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. as such, my natural instinct is to never assume anywhere is safe, even here in the poconos.

i believe no matter where in the world you go, there are always going to be wolves, stalking the fringes of our herd. luckily, we, the sheepdogs, will be waiting.

You just have to keep your eyes open and be ready for anything. Had the little punk shot into the ceiling in a lot of places around the country, where I used to live for example, he may well have been shot multiple times before the trigger reset.

It's time more bad guys started being ventilated and more good guys got praised by the media for being the good guys. But, I am not holding my breath waiting for that to happen.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Links