She stopped the thief and saved her stuff

This is a discussion on She stopped the thief and saved her stuff within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Sig P239 One other thing, the story says she took out her gun and put in it's "clip". Why in the world ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: She stopped the thief and saved her stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Sig P239 View Post
    One other thing, the story says she took out her gun and put in it's "clip". Why in the world was she carrying an unloaded gun? What good is that going to do when the solid waste strikes the bladed rotating air moving device? If things go bad fast, she has a hunk of metal to throw at the bad guy but no ammo in the hunk of metal to transform it into a weapon.

I think she still has a bit of the mentality. Maybe this will kill the last of it.

Well, the article didn't say that she had a concealed carry permit. And she had just come from a school. Does her state have a law about bringing a loaded firearm onto school property?

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by uenoparker View Post
    Well, the article didn't say that she had a concealed carry permit. And she had just come from a school. Does her state have a law about bringing a loaded firearm onto school property?
    One of the few restrictions that Alabama puts on firearms carry is that you may not carry on on public K-12 school grounds. Good point. I was wondering about the empty gun, but had forgotten about dropping children at school. It is also illegal in Alabama to have a loaded firearm in your vehicle unless you have a concealed carry permit.
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

I have not lived outside of Alabama that long. Let me say this, I know it is legal to have a gun in your car or on your person if you are dropping off / picking up kids at school and you are not getting out.

But, in addition to that, the law regarding carrying a gun into a school is worded in such a way that it is in fact legal for a person with a CCW permit to carry in a school. Let me explain.
    The law states (paraphrasing) that it is illegal to carry a gun into a school with the intent to harm someone or to commit a hostile act.

In Saint Elmo Alabama, between Mobile and the Mississippi state line, there was a man who carried a gun concealed into an elementary school and someone caught sight of it. The police were called and he was arrested. But, all charges were dropped when it was determined that he had no ill intent and was just legally carrying his gun.

Alabama is an interesting state and one that I honestly miss living in. I wouldn't mind going back to Alabama someday. just not close to the Gulf Coast. I've had enough of hurricanes for 10 lifetimes.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links