She stopped the thief and saved her stuff

This is a discussion on She stopped the thief and saved her stuff within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.wkrg.com/servlet/Satellit...G_BasicArticle...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: She stopped the thief and saved her stuff

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar

For God, Family and Country!

You Go Girl!!

VIP Member
    Leila didn't want to go inside for fear that he had a partner in crime
    Armed & Smart... Can't beat that!
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member
    Something like this just happened in my town. She also held them outside until the police arrived. They interviewed the woman on the news and she said " If either one of them would have tried to run, I'da shot em" . My thought was, I'm glad they didnt try to run because she may have ended up in jail..

Final Score...

Leila 1
    Jedadhai 0

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    "Mobile Police tell us they don't encourage people to react this way but it did help them in this case."

Gee... I wonder how they do encourage people to react?
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I just don't understand it... why are we suppose to just give criminals what they want? You want my computer, my tv, my guitar? ok.. here you go.. take it.. and just leave in peace, please.

And btw, I hope you don't do this again.. you should have what you want.. no need to go take more from others. I know you can get it all for free just by demanding it because the law says we should give you what you want... but you should pay for stuff from now on.

Yeah... right... that works really good to keep people safe. All it does is tell criminals, heck.. i can do what I want, and I have the law on my side because they will tell the victims to give me what I want, and not try to harm me.

I'm so sick of that mentality in this country. You break into my house, start stealing my stuff.. you should be shot on site. At the very lease, you SHOULD be able to handle it just like this lady did.. hold them at gunpoint until the police arrive.. you should NOT get in trouble for doing so.

I only hope that in my lifetime we are able to deal with criminals like this in a swift way, without getting into trouble over it.. I guarantee you crime would go way down, once the criminals know the law is not on their side protecting them anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by jednp View Post
    I just don't understand it... why are we suppose to just give criminals what they want? You want my computer, my tv, my guitar? ok.. here you go.. take it.. and just leave in peace, please.

And btw, I hope you don't do this again.. you should have what you want.. no need to go take more from others. I know you can get it all for free just by demanding it because the law says we should give you what you want... but you should pay for stuff from now on.

Yeah... right... that works really good to keep people safe. All it does is tell criminals, heck.. i can do what I want, and I have the law on my side because they will tell the victims to give me what I want, and not try to harm me.

I'm so sick of that mentality in this country. You break into my house, start stealing my stuff.. you should be shot on site. At the very lease, you SHOULD be able to handle it just like this lady did.. hold them at gunpoint until the police arrive.. you should NOT get in trouble for doing so.

I only hope that in my lifetime we are able to deal with criminals like this in a swift way, without getting into trouble over it.. I guarantee you crime would go way down, once the criminals know the law is not on their side protecting them anymore.

Sad, ain't it?

VIP Member
    Somebody from another country asked me once, refering to Florida's Castle Doctrine, if I thought it was worth to kill somebody because he broke into my house to steal my TV. My response was: "Sir, the real questions is, why would a criminal risk losing his life for a TV?"
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    Somebody from another country asked me once, refering to Florida's Castle Doctrine, if I thought it was worth to kill somebody because he broke into my house to steal my TV. My response was: "Sir, the real questions is, why would a criminal risk losing his life for a TV?"

Well said!
    When the messenger arrives and says 'Don't shoot the messenger,' it's a good idea to be prepared to shoot the messenger, just in case.

WKRG! My old station. That is the station I left to take the job I currently hold and hate in Memphis. I miss WKRG. As far a TV stations go, it is a great station to work for.

The reporter who submitted the story, Tiffany Craig is a great person. She is very level headed and a lot of fun to be around. In fact, I still keep in touch with her through email and I saw her the last time I was down there and stopped by the station.

Sounds like the lady did a great job of stopping the crime but, I don't think I would have had him unload my stuff and put it back in the house. I would want the cops to see that it was in his vehicle and he had in fact removed it from my home without my permission.

One other thing, the story says she took out her gun and put in it's "clip". Why in the world was she carrying an unloaded gun? What good is that going to do when the solid waste strikes the bladed rotating air moving device? If things go bad fast, she has a hunk of metal to throw at the bad guy but no ammo in the hunk of metal to transform it into a weapon.

I think she still has a bit of the mentality. Maybe this will kill the last of it.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Don't you just love those happy endings. Way to go.

Distinguished Member Array ArmyCop's Avatar
    Good answer. Also - what they are doing shows they aren't trustworthy so why would you think they would ONLY steal and not also intend harm to you or your family too??? Watching one of the COP shows last night - a standoff - a guy had a rifle and saw some police around the corner - started bringing the rifle up pointing at them - after the guy was shot\killed the police said they aren't obligated to wait till the person shoots first before they can shoot back. A policy I totally agree with....

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    For God, Family and Country!

"He said he was sorry. I'll put it back. I said well put it back.."

Sounds like a well mannered thief. He also seems to take directions well.
    "Beware of the man who only owns one gun. He probably knows how to use it."

I think we can thank the lawyers for this.

"I'm so sick of that mentality in this country. You break into my house, start stealing my stuff.. you should be shot on site. At the very lease, you SHOULD be able to handle it just like this lady did.. hold them at gunpoint until the police arrive.. you should NOT get in trouble for doing so."

They have us all afraid of what will happen to us.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links