Gun Used In Self-Defense? Tell ABC (John Stossel)

This is a discussion on Gun Used In Self-Defense? Tell ABC (John Stossel) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by joleary223 ... you will be probably be interviewed by a local freelance crew and a freelance producer. They will come to your ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Gun Used In Self-Defense? Tell ABC (John Stossel)

Quote Originally Posted by joleary223 View Post
    ... you will be probably be interviewed by a local freelance crew and a freelance producer. They will come to your home to interview you. They might even protect your identity if you want.
    Not good enough. 'Nuff said.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I wouldn't trust John Stossel or 20/20 as far as I could throw them!

You know, I think I'm starting to get a bad attitude!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Stoessel is a straight shooter (no pun intended) and he supports gun ownership by the individual. This is just as the 2nd amendment intended. Libertarians support gun ownership but some are seemingly against war. At least they are against the war on Islamo Facists.
    Sambo74
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

I guess I wan't clear when I said " they might even protect your identity" In interviews like that, the subject calls the shots. Your identity can't be released unless you give the ok, remember your doing them a favor by talking to them. If they will not let you hide your identity just don't do the interview.

Speak up or Shut up!

What makes me madder than having a biased story aired is the attitude of some on this list that refuse help!

When we have the opportunity to flood 20/20 with good honest stories, some of you cry wolf and go crawl in a hole and say not in a million years.

Guess what people, when laws are passed that take away our rights, it's going to be as much your fault as the idiots writing the legislation.

Speak up NOW or shut up! Cuz your not helping the cause by crawling in your hole and burying your head in the sand.

bk

Quote Originally Posted by luvmy45 View Post
    ... biased story ... the attitude ... refuse help! ... cry wolf and go crawl in a hole ... burying your head in the sand.
    BTDT, with respect to having supposedly-respectable reporters twist facts and events involving me to suit some agenda. Multiple times. I've got a friend in the news business, as well, and he confirms the bad track record of many of the "respectable ones." 20/20? ABC News? Big guns in the news industry? By what standard? Honor and forthright reporting, to my way of thinking.

While many organizations and reporters have controversy, given the nature of what they present, some honestly don't maintain a sterling track record in this regard. There are standards higher than those being met, now. Stossel and ABC aren't the top of the heap, in that category. Tempting topic, otherwise. Call it a healthy disrespect for reality. But, to say such reticence will be the cause of the downfall of the civil right to carry? No.

I'm all for speaking with someone, so long as my privacy and identity remains in my control. With ABC News and the agendas in action, that's one hell of a leap to make. Unless and until that can be guaranteed, in this climate, it's insufficient.

does anyone know when this is going to air?

Distinguished Member Array BCurry1's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luvmy45 View Post
    What makes me madder than having a biased story aired is the attitude of some on this list that refuse help!

When we have the opportunity to flood 20/20 with good honest stories, some of you cry wolf and go crawl in a hole and say not in a million years.

Guess what people, when laws are passed that take away our rights, it's going to be as much your fault as the idiots writing the legislation.

Speak up NOW or shut up! Cuz your not helping the cause by crawling in your hole and burying your head in the sand.

bk
    Well said!! If we dont give them good honest stories, there are people out there that will give them stories, and who knows how they will protray us.
    Curry

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Here is John Stossel getting slapped

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by mr.stuart View Post
    That was battery, N for the most part wrestling is fake, many matches are decided long before they enter the ring. However and here is the caveat, in the lower local levels it is not fake, only the big matches on the tube are pre-decided. At the level that that guy who was very rude and obnoxious BTY the purse is very low, a few years back it was $35. for the looser, and $150 for the winner, these guys are the starving actors of the wrestling world, and the difference in a nights pay can and usually does make the difference of how they eat for the next few days.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

"What makes me madder than having a biased story aired is the attitude of some on this list that refuse help!

When we have the opportunity to flood 20/20 with good honest stories, some of you cry wolf and go crawl in a hole and say not in a million years."

The liberal media will not be camping outside your door demanding to know why you shot those two wonderful convicted felons. One of the scumbags is in a wheel chair in prison for life. i do not need his scummy family or the scummy family of the deceased one to be reminded that we are pretty well off and file civil suits.

No, i do not trust anti-gun ABC or John Stossel. So, you go ahead and testify.

"I'm all for speaking with someone, so long as my privacy and identity remains in my control. With ABC News and the agendas in action, that's one hell of a leap to make. Unless and until that can be guaranteed, in this climate, it's insufficient."

Please be assured that your privacy and identity will not remain in your control.
    Last edited by Sig 210; May 3rd, 2007 at 08:49 AM.

^^ And that's about how simple it is. "They" (media) have not, in recent memory, earned the right to expect assistance from qualified people. They've burned too many fine folks with biased and lackadaisical reporting, and shown that protection of sources is a fleeting (or even non-existent) thing. We're important when they "need" us, but when they dont ... Not good enough.

How many people have taken the time to watch the John Stossel pieice that Miggy linked (on p. 2)? I just did. You will not find a more pro-gun, pro-CCW report. Lumping John Stossel in with the liberal, anti-gun media is as bad as people viewing us gun-carrying citizens in the same category as the VA Tech killer. AND, John Stossel did not do the report out of his garage - it aired on ABC.

We are right to be skeptical of the media (the piece references media bias against guns), but people (even reporters) deserve to be judged on their personal record/merits. That way, if we find an unbiased reporter willing to do a fair story, we can get the truth out.

Ron
    Quote Originally Posted by skvinson View Post
    How many people have taken the time to watch the John Stossel pieice that Miggy linked (on p. 2)? I just did. You will not find a more pro-gun, pro-CCW report. Lumping John Stossel in with the liberal, anti-gun media is as bad as people viewing us gun-carrying citizens in the same category as the VA Tech killer. AND, John Stossel did not do the report out of his garage - it aired on ABC.

We are right to be skeptical of the media (the piece references media bias against guns), but people (even reporters) deserve to be judged on their personal record/merits. That way, if we find an unbiased reporter willing to do a fair story, we can get the truth out.
    As I wrote in one of the early posts, John Stossel is known as a Libertarian, who has done many anti-government control pieces on 20-20. And he most certainly is not a shill for the Liberal anti-gun groups.

Ron
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links