Man Uses Concealed Weapon To Stop Robbery - Page 2

Man Uses Concealed Weapon To Stop Robbery

This is a discussion on Man Uses Concealed Weapon To Stop Robbery within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; as shooting someone else has to leave some kind of mark on one's "interior"... The BG got 'exactly' what he deserved, and I could care ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Man Uses Concealed Weapon To Stop Robbery

This CCW'er Was Obviously Affected...

as shooting someone else has to leave some kind of mark on one's "interior"...

The BG got 'exactly' what he deserved, and I could care less if he survives his injuries...

Home invasions, strong arm robbries, and other assault type crimes ALSO leave a mark on the victims "interior"...

I only wish that EVERY OTHER person could be armed...making this kind of crime a very risky project...something the BG would have to really take into consideration prior his or her actions.

Stay armed...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Great vid.
    XD40 Service 4" CCW
    RRA DEA Model TAC CAR A4 Mod.
    USMC Veteran

Quote Originally Posted by 1911shooter View Post
    Everyone who is a member of this board or wants to be a member of this board should have to watch this video... it completely and accurately describes what and how most of us would probibly feel and how it is not about just carrying so we can kill... he chose to make a concous decision to save a life and knew his action could result in the death of another humanbeing. it was a very moving interview.
    Nah, most people on this board grasp the mindset and the great responsibility associated with carrying a firearm.

Anti's should have to watch this video to see that we're not bloodthirsty cowboys.
    ...He suggested that "every American citizen" should own a rifle and train with it on firing ranges "at every courthouse." -Chesty Puller

Several years ago, I went into a large retail liquor establishment in Albuquerque NM and noticed that ALL clerks, cashiers, stockers, etc. were armed with holstered pistols. Being from Florida, and never having seen such before, I asked the cashier about it. He said, "As you probably know, liquor stores are prime targets for armed robbery. This store has not had an armed robbery since we began our "carry" program!" I loved it!

Definitely a must see video. I

SY

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    This is what sickens/angers me:

The man he shot had been given a 40 year prison sentence in 1995 for crimes in Oklahoma City that involved rape, robbery, torture and scalding, but he got out after serving only eight. He is now testifying against other robbers so he hasn't been sentenced for this crime yet.

TORTURE and RAPE and he served only 8 years of a 40 year sentence?

And then Mr. Joseph says that he's glad this guy didn't die, in part because "no one likes taking a life"?!

I'm sorry, but when the life we're talking about is that of someone who tortures, robs and rapes people, it is a GOOD thing when someone can morally and legally end it. That's my view on it, anyway. When a scumbag BG is killed by a righteous GG, it's cause to be glad, not sad.

"TORTURE and RAPE and he served only 8 years of a 40 year sentence?"

Yep, that is the way it is here in OK. Folks serve more time here for forgery or possession of a controlled substance than they do for rape and torture. We have the sorriest "justice" system in the entire US.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I dunno about OK having "the sorriest" system in the country. I've heard bad stories from all corners. Florida, where I live, can be pretty bad about letting evil people out with wrist-slaps, too. And then there's always California . . .

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    Folks, I know a little bit more about this particular case than the average bear, due to my location and profession.

PM me if there is anything that you might think I could shed light on...I'll share anything that I'm legally allowed to.
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links