A boy dies, and a gun debate is reignited

This is a discussion on A boy dies, and a gun debate is reignited within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; The comments on the cleveland.com website are fantastic!...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A boy dies, and a gun debate is reignited

The comments on the cleveland.com website are fantastic!
    Go Glock - until you can afford H&K

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    A sad thing indeed. Too bad the cousin isn't concerned about the family of the guy that had to defend himself.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Same Old Debate...

Gun control :vs: Criminal control...

As I see it...the gun control was pretty good...

In addition, Criminal control was top notch too!

Well, that's all for that debate...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

When one of the youths pulled a gun, Wells drew his and shot one of the boys several times in the chest, police said. Arthur Buford, 15, died ... Gun supporters said the weapon saved Wells' life. Opponents said it took Buford's - that the 15-year-old might be alive if a citizen had not been armed.
    "They let that man run out freely," Foster said. "My cousin is dead."
    Yes, the armed robber didn't succeed. Yes, the victim thwarted the attack of the criminals. Yes, the victim is still standing. That's as it should be, no matter the cost to the criminals, even though that be the death of the criminals.

Can't imagine what the cousin's problem is: that his armed robber cousin didn't learn his lesson, or that he did learn his lesson? Sounds like a learning disability to me.

The young man's death is a tragedy, for him and his family. My condolences for the pain they're going through right now. However, a person shouldn't go around attacking innocents. A victim still lives, and that's a good thing. That's the whole point.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Weapon

If he must give up his weapon , when does he get back? Can he carry a diff weapon during this time.
    It is not wrong to be Right
    An apeaser is a man who hopes that the crocidle eats him last

Administrator
    Yes, he can still carry unless the grand jury sees different.
    "Just blame Sixto"

One of the problems of the armed-robbery business is that the retirement plan is a b.....
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Tough call, shooting a child like that. But our citizen did not go out a glue the 38 to the hand of the 15 year old kid, and then force him to rob people.

That crime is a "grown up crime" and guess what grown ups die when they pull guns on armed men/women. Sadly that happens when punk ass kids do the same. I'm not going to let myself be shot because it is a 15 year old with a finger on the trigger. I will still be just as dead, and they will still be just as dangerous as before.

My heart goes out to the family of the kid though, actions and inactions have consequences and all are paying the price of such things. You cant run from the costs forever, and I would hope this would teach them that. However, given the statement from the family member I do hope that the GG is well protected. Not exactly a far stretch to believe in the possiblility of more danger coming his way from other "PABs"
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowsbane View Post
    My heart goes out to the family of the kid
    Mine does not. They didn't care about their "boy" enough to keep him from getting an early start on his trip to the penal system. In fact, I bet you that they were more than happy that Junior was doing his share to bring in money for crack.

The man who killed Junior has done the rest of Ohio a huge favor because sooner of later the dirtbag was going to end up costing us taxpayers big.

Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    "They let that man run out freely," Foster said. "My cousin is dead."
    Your cousin decided to threaten somebody's life who was minding his own business. Your cousin pointed a gun at him, and attempted to rob him.

That man saved his life because your cousin threatened to take it.

That man saved the tax payers money because that's one less criminal that we have to pay to feed, clothe, house, give medical and dental to, pay for the air conditioning and heating, and provide cable TV for their amusment, prior to him being released back onto the streets to do the same things again.

That man is a hero in my mind's eye.
    ~Mike F.
    http://www.ConcealedCampus.com
    http://www.a-human-right.com/
    "Quemadmoeum gladuis neminem occidit, occidentis telum est."

Senior Member Array Free American's Avatar
    Any individual with a gun stops becoming a child when they make the decision to take a life, or threaten to take a life. It is a sad state that this boy had a gun, but he was no less dangerous than a 30 year old with a gun. In my opinion, based on maturity and inhibitions of teenagers, they are more dangerous.
    They who give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. Benjamin Franklin

Previously known as "cjm5874"

I agree with everyone else but I wanted to take a moment and give jeep45238 a big attaboy for his sig line

sorry for the hijack
    "If I was an extremist, our founding fathers would all be extremists," he said. "Without them, we wouldn't have our independence. We'd be a disarmed British system of feudal subjectivity."

Opponents said it took Buford's - that the 15-year-old might be alive if a citizen had not been armed.

Criminal dies, law abiding citizen lives- and they are upset? That just shows we are locked in battle with a bunch of morons.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    And another one's gone,
    and another one's gone,
    another one bites the dust.

Someone should have told the little trash pile that playing with guns could get you killed.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Apparently they Plain Dealer actually had some pro-gun things to say about the issue today.

http://www.ohioccw.org/content/view/3863/83/

The CHL holders house has also been vandalized since the shooting, with his windows broken.
    Fortes Fortuna Juvat

Former, USMC 0311, OIF/OEF vet
    NRA Pistol/Rifle/Shotgun/Reloading Instructor, RSO, Ohio CHL Instructor

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links