A boy dies, and a gun debate is reignited

This is a discussion on A boy dies, and a gun debate is reignited within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by buckeye07 The CHL holders house has also been vandalized since the shooting, with his windows broken. I hope he's got another gun ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: A boy dies, and a gun debate is reignited

Quote Originally Posted by buckeye07 View Post
    The CHL holders house has also been vandalized since the shooting, with his windows broken.
    I hope he's got another gun around since the cops took his .40.

This just goes to show the mentality of these anti-self-defense people. This guy rightfully defends himself against an armed attacker, and his friends/family commit further crimes by vandalizing his house. If that's the kind of people he hangs out with, I certainly don't regret his passing.

<edit: I just read the followup article on ohioccw.org>

After the shooting, someone smashed in his [Wells - the robbery victim's] front windows. The house looks deserted now, with sheets of plywood nailed over the windows and front door.

Ever since the shooting, people have stopped at the nearby memorial to scrawl messages honoring Buford.

"God gave me a new angel man . . . Why Da Good Die Young . . . I'll see you in eternity . . . You are with the Lord and we happy for that."...
    "Why Da [sic] Good Die Young?" What the heck is wrong with these people? Do they think they have some sort of right to rob people? This looks to me like an all-out culture clash, between law-abiding people and a whole culture or society of thugs and gang members.
    Last edited by dwolsten; April 25th, 2007 at 07:26 PM.

2. Remove Ads

A young punk thug ( not a boy ) died when his intended victim fought back during the commission of this attempted robbery at gun point. Don't know if this was his first crime of this nature, but it certainly was his LAST. I say BRAVO Mr. Wells and thank you for taking a bite out of crime and retiring this punk, before anyone else got hurt. Too bad you were not able to take out his criminal assistant too.

Doubt there would have been any headline, if Mr. Wells had been killed by these two punks during this robbery, or if there was, it would be buried somewhere with little attention at all from the gun opponents.

Mr. Wells was prepared and was able to defend and protect himself when these punks attacked him, because thankfully his right to carry a legal firearm was not taken away.

The system worked this time!!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by dwolsten View Post
    "Why Da [sic] Good Die Young?" What the heck is wrong with these people? Do they think they have some sort of right to rob people? This looks to me like an all-out culture clash, between law-abiding people and a whole culture or society of thugs and gang members.
    Thats exactly what it is, and why a lot of our cities look like third world countrys. Its going to get worse before the smart people wake up and do something about it, then again, I know of several "smart" people who allowed their kids to buy into this culture...
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Yes, the armed robber didn't succeed. Yes, the victim thwarted the attack of the criminals. Yes, the victim is still standing. That's as it should be, no matter the cost to the criminals, even though that be the death of the criminals.

Can't imagine what the cousin's problem is: that his armed robber cousin didn't learn his lesson, or that he did learn his lesson? Sounds like a learning disability to me.

The young man's death is a tragedy, for him and his family. My condolences for the pain they're going through right now. However, a person shouldn't go around attacking innocents. A victim still lives, and that's a good thing. That's the whole point.
    Well said...
    "May God have mercy on my enemies, because I won't."
    General George Patton

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links