Ft Lauderdale jewelry v. Bad Guys - Page 2

Ft Lauderdale jewelry v. Bad Guys

This is a discussion on Ft Lauderdale jewelry v. Bad Guys within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Store Owner 2 BG's 0 Final Score... ret...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Ft Lauderdale jewelry v. Bad Guys

This Just In...

Store Owner 2

BG's 0

Final Score...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Good for the owner! I'd be annoyed at the mess I made though.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    It was reported on the TV this morning that the guy shot in the head is clinically brain dead.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by cjm5874 View Post
    I understand you can find those new ski masks any where they sell WWII French Army rifles......
    Hey now...I'm american and that really shouldn't be funny from our point of view...I think my Grandfather still wants his rifle back (on loan to the french ).
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Miggy View Post
    It was reported on the TV this morning that the guy shot in the head is clinically brain dead.
    Given his choice of occupation, one might suggest that this condition existed before the shooting....

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MattLarson View Post
    Given his choice of occupation, one might suggest that this condition existed before the shooting....

Matt

<rimshot>
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    I can only imagine the drop (for at least a while) in robberies of Jewelry stores in the immediate area.

Glad to here the owner and employees are all okay. All's well that ends well.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Should this BG die, his surviving "team mate" will be on tap for murder, yes?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    You got to admit American Justus is a bit ironic, at times. If you are a Bad Guy and a death occurs in the commission of your crime then you get charged with murder evan if the departed is one of the criminals. Who says we don’t have a sense of humor?

Also this being in Florida might he not expect to have the death penalty on the table? So you try to rob a store, get shot to doll rags, partner gets killed, you get charged with killing your partner and the court sentences you to death after you recover form the wounds you received in the attempted hold up. Sounds like a win to me!
    Last edited by mark555; May 10th, 2007 at 11:16 AM.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

VIP Member
    I think Mark said it all!
    Randy Cain.

VIP Member
    And one last update

1 shot by merchant brain dead; 2nd charged
    BY ROBERTO SANTIAGO
    rsantiago@MiamiHerald.com
    A 17-year-old gunman who was wounded in a shootout with a Fort Lauderdale jewelry store owner has been declared brain dead, authorities said Thursday.

A second gunman, 24, listed in critical but stable condition, was charged with armed robbery, carrying a concealed weapon, and faces a felony murder charge for the death of his partner, police said.

The two robbery suspects are Damien Christopher James, 17, of Miami Gardens, and Devaughan C. Heard, 24, of Opa-locka.

They both had numerous prior arrests ranging from burglary, drug possession, auto theft, to kidnapping, according to records.

According to police, the two young men tried to rob Bentley's Jewelers, 2753 E. Oakland Park Blvd., Wednesday morning.

But they weren't expecting its owner, Hugo Villalta, 43, and his wife, Rosario, to defend themselves.

After Heard and James were buzzed in, they pulled out their guns.

But Hugo Villalta was armed and ready for them. Gunfire was exchanged.

James, the 17-year-old, who had prior arrests since 2003 for burglary, auto theft, and drug possession, was shot between the eyes.

Heard, the 24-year-old who had prior arrests since 1998 for kidnapping, battery, and drug possession, was shot several times in the chest but somehow made his way out of the store and into his getaway car.

He was captured shortly thereafter by Fort Lauderdale and Wilton Manors police.

It is unlikely that Villalta will be charged. Under Florida law, citizens are allowed to use deadly force to defend themselves or others if someone is in danger of death or great bodily harm.

The Villaltas, including their son who was in the back of the store and made the 911 call, are all upset, but were not injured.

''[Hugo] is very upset by everything that went on yesterday morning, and who wouldn't be?'' said Fort Lauderdale police spokesman Kathy Collins.

Collins said that anyone -- even seasoned police officers -- can become distraught after undergoing a violent survival situation.

''It's normal. It's what makes us human,'' Collins said.

The entire scene was captured on security cameras inside the store. It's not clear whether the tapes will be made public.

The 911 tapes were released Thursday. The first one, called in by Villalta's son in the store, depict a calm voice telling police what is happening, giving the address, and that one man -- James -- is on the ground.

The second 911 call, made by the owner of the store next door, depicts a frantic description of a bloodied man -- Heard -- getting into a getaway car.

Heard remains under police watch in the hospital.

''He will go to jail as soon as he is well enough to leave the hospital,'' Collins said.

Collins said that the family of James, who is brain dead, are planning to donate his organs -- to save the lives of those in need.

''The family is doing a noble thing,'' Collins said. ``Maybe a little bit of good can come from all of this.''
    Randy Cain.

He was in that condition when he decided to commit the robbery...

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I'd say that storeowner needs to upgrade to a bigger caliber. Good shooting, though!

Distinguished Member Array BIG E's Avatar
    The pics are friggin cracking me up. I want to seal one and use it for an avatar so bad, but I will refrain.

This is the kind of stuff that the media needs to focus on. Try and rob a jewelry store and get dead. We need to focus on the people that are protecting themselves and others rather than the jackholes that decide to go on a shooting spree.
    Don't hit at all if it is honorably possible to avoid hitting; but never hit soft!

-- Theodore Roosevelt --

"Heard, the 24-year-old who had prior arrests since 1998 for kidnapping, battery, and drug possession, was shot several times in the chest but somehow made his way out of the store and into his getaway car."

This guy should have still been in jail. Wonder who gave the perp a pass on the kidnapping charge?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links