Bode Miller's cousin kills officer, then is killed by passer-by (merged) - Page 2

Bode Miller's cousin kills officer, then is killed by passer-by (merged)

This is a discussion on Bode Miller's cousin kills officer, then is killed by passer-by (merged) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; New Hampshire's AG has already cleared the citizen (former Marine btw) of any wrongdoing I believe....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bode Miller's cousin kills officer, then is killed by passer-by (merged)

New Hampshire's AG has already cleared the citizen (former Marine btw) of any wrongdoing I believe.

There's a New York Times story here with more info about this, including some of the history between Officer McKay and Kenney.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArmyCop View Post
    I saw that in TV just a little while ago. Good for the bystander. Later I saw where a 91 year old man was getting his head beat several times in a car jacking and several people standing close by and none doing anything at all to help. Not even calling PD on a cell phone.
    Wish I could have happened along to help the old man.
    Yeah, I saw that video just now. Five or so people were standing around one parking spot away and did NOTHING. The old man must have been punched over twenty times, right in the same spot of the face, as he was pinned against a car.

Nobody did a thing to help.

And yet, people in this world are dumb enough to argue against the right of anyone who chooses to carry a firearm for self defense. Even though we can see how bystanders will not do a goddamned thing to help even a 91-year-old man who is being pummeled in the face.

I suppose his big mistake was that he forgot to ask the attacker to wait while he dialed and waited for police. After all, we don't need guns; the police are there to protect us.

I hope I would be able to do the same thing - I would think that I would - but I also would be surprised in today's society of lets sue everyone if the good semaritan that did what he should have done isn't sued or brought to trail.

Glad that the Marine came along. He is a real stand up guy.

That is an amazing story in your link Blackeagle, made it sound like "Hey, who was the bad guy and who was the good guy in this, the police or this innocent young man who had the authority to CHOOSE which officer could and could not stop him and IF he wanted to stop?" The comments from some of the townspeople sounded like something you would picture coming from some stereotypical "southern" state...I was stunned. I could hear dueling banjos in the background and sensed a high tattoo to tooth count....but wait, isn't all that stuff SOUTHERN instead of (gasp), NEW ENGLAND? I'm sure the writer's choice of who to quote colored the story, though.
    Thank God for brave good men among the lessers of the species.
    What Would Gumby Do?

Watched 12-15 links to interviews with locals. Now the friends and family of the deceased cop killer are claiming that the perp was "about to turn his life around." At least one guy called the Good Samaritan a "murderer."

Looks like Bode Miller himself antagonized McKay by speeding 83 mph in a 40 mph zone and then bragging about it in Sports Illustrated.

This guy served time for assault on a police officer, a felony. Wonder how many folks knew that the cop killer was packing and never reported it to the police.

Here is a link to comments. Cannot believe that so many misguided citizens are taking the side of the cop killer.

http://forums.ibsys.com/viewmessages...27&Topic=15873
    Last edited by Sig 210; May 16th, 2007 at 09:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    ...Cannot believe that so many misguided citizens are taking the side of the cop killer.

http://forums.ibsys.com/viewmessages...27&Topic=15873
    Many people are dumb as hell.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    Watched 12-15 links to interviews with locals. Now the friends and family of the deceased cop killer are claiming that the perp was "about to turn his life around."
    You gotta love it.
    I suppose that if you're on the big-black-hole end of a killer's pistol, you should be very careful about whether you shoot back and kill him, because he just might be about to turn his life around. In fact, he was planning on doing so just after he finishes killing you!

At least one guy called the Good Samaritan a "murderer."
    Heh, and I'm one guy calling that guy a "moron."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links