Intruder Killed by Fayetteville Homeowner - Page 2

Intruder Killed by Fayetteville Homeowner

This is a discussion on Intruder Killed by Fayetteville Homeowner within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Aged 22, 18, 17 and 16 (deceased), with a death during commission of a robbery. Proper charges: murder, armed robbery. Proper punishment: a long, long ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Aged 22, 18, 17 and 16 (deceased), with a death during commission of a robbery. Proper charges: murder, armed robbery. Proper punishment: a long, long time off the streets to contemplate their stupidity. Too bad the youngest had to have such inconsiderate friends, to get him killed while preying on innocents.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Almost Perfect crime: One dead, three go to jail for life.
    Perfect crime: All four shot dead.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    TC FLA, your post reminds me of some articles I have seen reporting on crimes.

When a carjacking turns into a case of murder and the driver is killed or wounded byt he carjacker, the lead of the story is often, "A man was killed yesterday in a carjacking-gone-wrong on Maple Street. . ."

And I find myself thinking, "carjacking-gone-wrong"? What's a carjacking-gone-right?! When the carjacker actually successfully steals someone's car but doesn't end up shooting him?

In my view, a carjacking-gone-wrong, or a burglary-gone-wrong, is one in which the victim is unable to eradicate all of the attackers. So this case we are talking about is actually a burglary-gone-wrong, because three of the piles of filth that perpetrated it are still breathing.

VIP Member
    +1 for the good guys!

Now get out there and practice practice practice!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

In Michigan, they'd all be going for Felony Murder. If anyone dies in the commisson of a felony, all of the actors are guilty of first-degree murder, and that carries a mandatory sentence of natural life. No parole.

Senior Moderator
    I cant believe that you guys are being so harsh on the young men that lived.

After all, they are 3 misguided youth that have much to learn. Its a pity really that they should have to undergo such harsh treatment by the legal system. The deceased youth was only carrying a gun for his self protection.Clearly this is an example of how society can have an adverse impact on the youth of today. If only their welfare checks were enough to live on, they wouldn't have to go around trying to makes ends meet.

The homeowner should have understood the situation and tried to help it rather than complicate things by using his own weapon...after all the deceased(God rest his soul) was such a good boy. He was very likable and had many friends...and to prove how well he was liked all of his friends even had the same tattoo's. Had he lived long enough,its more than likely he would have become a model citizen.

Such a tragedy.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    TC FLA, your post reminds me of some articles I have seen reporting on crimes.

When a carjacking turns into a case of murder and the driver is killed or wounded byt he carjacker, the lead of the story is often, "A man was killed yesterday in a carjacking-gone-wrong on Maple Street. . ."

And I find myself thinking, "carjacking-gone-wrong"? What's a carjacking-gone-right?! When the carjacker actually successfully steals someone's car but doesn't end up shooting him?

In my view, a carjacking-gone-wrong, or a burglary-gone-wrong, is one in which the victim is unable to eradicate all of the attackers. So this case we are talking about is actually a burglary-gone-wrong, because three of the piles of filth that perpetrated it are still breathing.
    That is a huge pet peeve of mine too. I wonder if the teleprompter-reading idiot on the boob tube would like to have a carjacking go right on him.

Wink

"The homeowner should have understood the situation and tried to help it rather than complicate things by using his own weapon...after all the deceased(God rest his soul) was such a good boy. He was very likable and had many friends...and to prove how well he was liked all of his friends even had the same tattoo's. Had he lived long enough,its more than likely he would have become a model citizen."

Yes, the young man was about to turn his life around and enter medical school with the intention of becoming a brain surgeon.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    I cant believe that you guys are being so harsh on the young men that lived.

After all, they are 3 misguided youth that have much to learn. Its a pity really that they should have to undergo such harsh treatment by the legal system. The deceased youth was only carrying a gun for his self protection.Clearly this is an example of how society can have an adverse impact on the youth of today. If only their welfare checks were enough to live on, they wouldn't have to go around trying to makes ends meet.

The homeowner should have understood the situation and tried to help it rather than complicate things by using his own weapon...after all the deceased(God rest his soul) was such a good boy. He was very likable and had many friends...and to prove how well he was liked all of his friends even had the same tattoo's. Had he lived long enough,its more than likely he would have become a model citizen.

Such a tragedy.
    You're so right HotGuns and I feel just terrible... NOT!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

"You think that this is safe," Barnes said. "But this is a country at war, obviously, and our own community is not even safe."

It's had to believe the media printed this quote...but the statement is closer to the truth than a LOT of folks realize. Maybe there's hope yet that this country will wake up and we'll find our collective courage to fight back at criminal behavior.
    noli nothis permittere te terere...

Senior Moderator
    Maybe there's hope yet that this country will wake up and we'll find our collective courage to fight back at criminal behavior.
    Nah. We KNOW how to fight it. The problem is, most people dont have the stomach to do what it takes.

Any bona fide gang banger that got shot in the process would be made out to be a saint that was executed by the police by the time the news media got dont with it.

That and the fact that in some big city's,shooting someone for violent crimes no matter how justified it is will get the shooter more attention than the perp that initiated it.

It is totally unacceptable.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Arkansas CCW Instructor

I live in Kansas. Kansas accepts Arkansas CCW but Arkansas does not accept ours. Why?

I'm thinking about pushing for no reciprocity without return reciprocity.

Senior Moderator
    No that you mention it, as of June 1st several other states will be "opened" up and I do believe that Kansas is on the list.

We had some revision to the CHL law back in February and some things were changed, the training requirements being one of them which was the biggest obstacle to the states honoring each others permits.

Now the law basically states that any state that recognizes the Arkansas CHL will be recognized by Arkanasas...as it should be.

How do you like that ?

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL

Center of the World Ma! Center of the World!
    You know the old helicopter door gunner joke about how can you shoot women and children? You just don’t lead them as much.

Evidently he did not lead the other three enough, he just got the youngest one.
    "Hell of a thing, killin' a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."
    - William Munny (Clint Eastwood in the Unfrogivin)

“The graveyards are full of indispensable men.” – Napoleon Bonaparte

“My Idea of a fair fight is beating baby seals with a club”

Senior Member Array BruceGibson's Avatar
    I love happy endings.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links