Intruder Killed by Fayetteville Homeowner - Page 3

Intruder Killed by Fayetteville Homeowner

This is a discussion on Intruder Killed by Fayetteville Homeowner within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by HotGuns Nah. We KNOW how to fight it. The problem is, most people dont have the stomach to do what it takes. ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Intruder Killed by Fayetteville Homeowner

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HotGuns View Post
    Nah. We KNOW how to fight it. The problem is, most people dont have the stomach to do what it takes.

I don't think it's that we don't have the stomach. Many of us do, clearly. (We're here on this forum, aren't we?) Many even outside this and other forums also have the fortitude to fight.

The problem is, there is a population of ninnies who are brainwashing coming generations of ninnies into believing that not only is it impractical or impossible to fight, it's also wrong on a moral and legal level. They're teaching people that standing up for yourself is worse than what the bullies are doing to you.

Unless we turn that tide, and quickly, all is going to be lost.

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    That and the fact that in some big city's [sic],shooting someone for violent crimes no matter how justified it is will get the shooter more attention than the perp that initiated it.
    Yep. Look at Cleveland, Ohio.

It is totally unacceptable.
    Agree.

Senior Member Array Smith&Wessonfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    The problem is, there is a population of ninnies who are brainwashing coming generations of ninnies into believing that not only is it impractical or impossible to fight, it's also wrong on a moral and legal level. They're teaching people that standing up for yourself is worse than what the bullies are doing to you.
    I am fighting exactly that with my 4 yo daughter. The other say she started singing a little song she learned in school about how wrong it was to fight.

I quickly and firmly (but gently) corrected her that it was not OK to start the fight, but most definitely OK to finish it.

I keep working on her to be more assertive of herself and have started to teach her how to use her fists.

"The problem is, there is a population of ninnies who are brainwashing coming generations of ninnies into believing that not only is it impractical or impossible to fight, it's also wrong on a moral and legal level. They're teaching people that standing up for yourself is worse than what the bullies are doing to you."

Amen. Saw Sarah Brady on TV a few years ago. Someone asked her what is wrong with defending you and yours from a predator. Her wonderful PC answer: "It increases the violence." If necessary, i have the capability of "increasing the violence" to a level never dreamed of by liberal Sarah and her ninnies.

What always boggles my mind is that almost none of these anti organizations are in favor of any meaningful punishment for violent criminals. Have a good Memorial Day weekend.

Got Bless Our Troops and fallen Veteran's

I'm sure the others have seen the error of their ways! <sarcasm off>
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Smith&Wessonfan View Post
    I am fighting exactly that with my 4 yo daughter. The other say she started singing a little song she learned in school about how wrong it was to fight.

I quickly and firmly (but gently) corrected her that it was not OK to start the fight, but most definitely OK to finish it.

I keep working on her to be more assertive of herself and have started to teach her how to use her fists.
    I was at my daughter's school board meeting the other night and they were talking about upcoming curriculum changes. They said they were added a "Peace Curriculum". I confronted one of the teachers and asked "Just what exactly is a Peace Curriculum?". She said it was to teach them how to deal with conflict resolution. That's one class I'm going to audit.
    Walk steathly - and carry a big Springfield.

Senior Moderator
    Amen to that.

I confronted one of the teachers and asked "Just what exactly is a Peace Curriculum?". She said it was to teach them how to deal with conflict resolution.
    Ahhh...yes. Teach the people to become like the rest of the nice little flock of sheep. That Peace Curriculum worked well at Virgina Tech didn't it? Beg,plead or try to reason with someone that wants to kill you. Makes sense eh? The only "Conflict resolution" that most thugs understand are small pieces of lead traveling at their heads at supersonic speeds.

My peace curriculum is this...
    Don't mess with me and I wont mess with you. Mess with me or mine and suffer the consequences. Using that theory for most of my life, thus far its been pretty peaceful.
    I would rather stand against the cannons of the wicked than against the prayers of the righteous.

AR. CHL Instr. 07/02 FFL
    Like custom guns and stuff? Check this out...
    http://bobbailey1959.wordpress.com/

edb10: As Col. Jeff Cooper said:"The solution to armed robbery is a dead robber--on the scene."

Stay safe.
    Bob

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links