Fired for catching thieves!!! - Page 4

Fired for catching thieves!!!

This is a discussion on Fired for catching thieves!!! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by Smith&Wessonfan +1 And Spanish is my first language. Yep, If I decided to pack up and move to Germany, I'd be really ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Fired for catching thieves!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Smith&Wessonfan View Post
    +1

And Spanish is my first language.
    Yep, If I decided to pack up and move to Germany, I'd be really annoyed if all the signs were in both German and English.

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    First of all,sorry if I missed something in the 5 pages of posts...This angers me so much. The company actually prevents them from doing right? Ugh. Rules,regulations,and SOP's that actually HELP the bad guy. Way to go.

Back when I worked at circuitcity, and the Playstation2 first came out,we had a case where 3 co-workers actually ran out and chased on foot theives that were carrying the game units...They were caught and prosecuted thanks to the video cameras,and their witnessing what car the theives got in as they chased them....They too,were fired. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Ghettokracker71 View Post
    First of all,sorry if I missed something in the 5 pages of posts...This angers me so much. The company actually prevents them from doing right? Ugh. Rules,regulations,and SOP's that actually HELP the bad guy. Way to go.

Back when I worked at circuitcity, and the Playstation2 first came out,we had a case where 3 co-workers actually ran out and chased on foot theives that were carrying the game units...They were caught and prosecuted thanks to the video cameras,and their witnessing what car the theives got in as they chased them....They too,were fired. :(
    It doesn't matter if they thought they were right. We had another discussion thread on this board somewhere about what people would do if accused (falsely) of shoplifting and asked for their weapon. If store personnel detain a person falsely, that store is now looking at a big lawsuit. Do you trust the average minimum-wage worker to make the correct determination about a potential shoplifter?

That said, there's a line between just letting people walk out the door with your goods, and overzealous loss-prevention methods. Running after suspected shoplifters in order to ID them, get their license plate number and car description, etc., are all perfectly acceptable in my book, and any company that fires employees for this doesn't deserve my business. But these employees should absolutely not be tackling shoplifters or handling them physically in any way--that job is for the cops. The employees should only serve as witnesses for the company.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links