HoooooooYAH!

This is a discussion on HoooooooYAH! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; (Former Army Ranger) Store owner shoots suspected robber [Nashville] WSMV ^ | Apr 28, 2005, A suspected robber is recovering at Vanderbilt Medical Center after ...

Thread: HoooooooYAH!

HoooooooYAH!

(Former Army Ranger) Store owner shoots suspected robber [Nashville]
    WSMV ^ | Apr 28, 2005,

A suspected robber is recovering at Vanderbilt Medical Center after being shot by a store owner who is also a former Army Ranger. The incident happened in Scottsboro at a family run country store.

Owner Brad Lewis, his fiancee, and another clerk were working late checking inventory when they heard a crash at the front door of their business around 1am.

The owner's brother says Brad tried to protect his loved ones.

"[Brad came out and saw] the perpetrator who had made his way into the store. He had a hood over his head, hands in pocket and told Brad to give him all his money. At that point Brad feared for his life, and that's when he started firing, said Bryan Lewis, Owner's brother.

Police say convicted felon Ralph Wade Flemming was hit twice, once in the leg and once in the arm. He ran across the street where he collapsed. He was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Flemming is familiar with police having been arrested 69 times in Davidson County. Police say he may not have been working alone.

"We have not found a car, and we don't know if he walked or was dropped off. Maybe someone was waiting on him and heard the shots and fled, said Metro Detective Robert Swisher.

Police say the store owner had a permit for his handgun and will not be charged. His brother says it is the first incident at the store since opening in February. Just a few hours after the shooting, the store was back open for business.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

2. Remove Ads

Angry Send this guy back to QUALIFY!

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    (Former Army Ranger) Store owner shoots suspected robber [Nashville]Police say convicted felon Ralph Wade Flemming was hit twice, once in the leg and once in the arm. He ran across the street where he collapsed. He was taken to the hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Police say the store owner had a permit for his handgun and will not be charged. His brother says it is the first incident at the store since opening in February. Just a few hours after the shooting, the store was back open for business.
    This is not a new story for the Ranger battalions. I remember back in the early 1990's a story about a squad of rangers at Fort Lewis who had a buddy living in a high crime area, and they all decided to clean out the neighborhood ranger style. So they checked out (somehow) a couple of M249 SAWs and some M60's and M4's and warned the innocent bystanders out of the AO (Area of Operations) and went to "work" when the dopers showed up. About 4,000 rds later the cops finally moved in and arrested everybody. NO INJURIES ON EITHER SIDE. They were bounced out of the battalion amid peals of LAUGHTER from other military organizations around the world and red faces from embarassment!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Wink

I retired from the Army in 1994 and have worked with special forces in one capacity or another on various installations since then and have never heard that story. I think it is worthy of a www.snopes.com check. Getting the weapons might be easy, but 4,000 rounds of ammuntion? I doubt it. It is a good story, but that is all, a story.

Cool Ranger Stories

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming
    I retired from the Army in 1994 and have worked with special forces in one capacity or another on various installations since then and have never heard that story. I think it is worthy of a www.snopes.com check. Getting the weapons might be easy, but 4,000 rounds of ammuntion? I doubt it. It is a good story, but that is all, a story.
    I don't know that it was 4000 rds for sure, but it was enough to run the belt fed weapons dry several times. Hey whatever happened to one shot one kill? I don't care if it was a single M16 mag apiece! They shoulda had SOME kills. PUH-LEASE.

Actually I got it from my best friend and former CO, himself a Ranger Battalion Company Commander. It was also in the Tacoma News. I thought that the TOUGH part was getting the weapons. Heck as a 2LT myself, we used to squirrel away ammo by the crate for those lean times when training ammo was short. It was a game. We called it: "BET YOUR BARS." Everybody does it, but if you get caught you're toast.

WEIRD stuff comes out of the Ranger Battalions. They have the most unofficial sightings of BIGFOOT in the American Pacific Northwest.

Lessee, more than a decade ago an E5 was ummmm fornicating with the wife of a company commander. They were "in love." They hatched a scheme to off the hubby. Wifey left the kitchen door unlocked and the sgt sneaks into the kitchen and makes a little noise. She wakes up and says "HONEY there's a BURGLAR in the house. HERE, TAKE THIS GUN." He does, creeps downstairs with an (you guessed it) UNLOADED gun and gets killed. They almost pulled it off. What happened? He went back to the barracks and BRAGGED.

Just because you've never heard something does it make it untrue? Were you SF yourself? I never would have heard anything except for some contacts in the battalions. I was a straight leg infantry officer and later branch transferred to armor. I had buddies run live ambushes on the Korean DMZ. Ever hear of those? You wouldn't probably, the Korean theatre of OPS being so tightly controlled newswise. Almost all the news from there is by direct word of mouth....and there's a LOT of war stories. I usually get several confirmations from other folks unless as in the case of the Rangers, the source is a man to whom I would trust not only my life, but the lives of my family as well.

Administrator

Good Story

THIS IS INSANE!
    "Flemming is familiar with police having been arrested 69 times in Davidson County."
    You know Every Time the police arrest a felon they risk their lives to do it. And then...same old story...the court lets them go.
    BUT there is NO WAY that any single individual should EVER have the chance to be arrested 69 TIMES!
    It's a good thing this guy got shot before #70 times arrested.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Links