Don't try to rob pizza parlors in West Virgina

This is a discussion on Don't try to rob pizza parlors in West Virgina within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This crook really didn't know what he was getting in when he tried to rob this pizza parlor . And of course the obligatory police ...

Thread: Don't try to rob pizza parlors in West Virgina

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

Don't try to rob pizza parlors in West Virgina

This crook really didn't know what he was getting in when he tried to rob this pizza parlor.

And of course the obligatory police say just hand over the money if all they want is money...The thing is the BG tried to shoot one of the GG's...At least until the GG's fought back
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    One of the best short movies I have watched in my life. Should have included some blunt force trauma also. But you know, this piece of garbage or his useless family will sue the shop owner for everything they have. "my son never does anything bad to any body" said the tearfull mother.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Senior Moderator
    Lucky for them that the BG's gun jammed
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Distinguished Member Array Chooie's Avatar
    Squib load, it sounds like.

It's best to give 'em what they want when "they only want money"? Who's to say that's all armed robbers want? What, the ones that only want money dress in brown, but the ones that want your life will dress in green to clearly signal their intentions?

That's an awfully big "if" to be relying on, when your life's in the balance. Gun to the head? That bad boy's within contact distance and likely hasn't been practicing his gun retention drills lately.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The cook should have 'planted' that blade...

I am so fed up with all of society's dirtbags who refuse to earn their living in an honest fashion...and WE are supposed to provide them with unemployment checks, welfare, and full medical coverage?

I shall never assume/hope that a potential BG won't hurt me or mine. I certainly hope that I can stay clear of trouble, but I fear that my reaction would be one of instant violence...

I am an older gent...my life matters, but I'm closing in on the end. When I'm with my grandchildren this 'old' guy could turn into a grizzly bear with cubs...

Stay armed...show little mercy(to BG's)...stay safe!

OMO...yours may be different!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I am so fed up with all of society's dirtbags who refuse to earn their living in an honest fashion...and WE are supposed to provide them with unemployment checks, welfare, and full medical coverage?

I shall never assume/hope that a potential BG won't hurt me or mine. I certainly hope that I can stay clear of trouble, but I fear that my reaction would be one of instant violence...
    I will always assume a BG is going to do me great phyiscal harm

A reaction a instant (I would use the word explosive) violence is probably the best reaction. Meaning the one most likely to catch the BG off guard. Not meaning to bull rush a man with the drop on you.
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

That big knife looked fairly menacing. I bet this guy is back on the streets in a couple of weeks but he will think twice before heisting a pizza parlor. What would the take have been? Chump change and he could have been beheaded. A job might even be a good alternative for the scumbag.
    Sambo74
    SI VIS PACEM, PARA BELLUM

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Chooie View Post
    Squib load, it sounds like.
    BG reloader? Bad factory ammo? Who knows.... Bad day for the BG.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    The cook should have 'planted' that blade...

I am an older gent...my life matters, but I'm closing in on the end. When I'm with my grandchildren this 'old' guy could turn into a grizzly bear with cubs...

Stay armed...show little mercy(to BG's)...stay safe!

OMO...yours may be different!

ret

AMEN

I'd drive a few hundred miles out of my way just to buy a pizza from these great guys!!
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I hope they washed the knives after that. In any case, the manager should take some Sayok Kali lessons for defensive blade use.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raider39a View Post
    I hope they washed the knives after that. In any case, the manager should take some Sayok Kali lessons for defensive blade use.
    Training may have helped, but he stopped the attack. You can't argue with results.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

He may have had the wrong caliber cartridges loaded. After hurricane Isabel swept through the mid-atlantic region a few years ago, there was quite a bit of lawlessness and looting (sound familiar New Orleans?). Some friends of mine, who knew nothing about firearms, went out and bought a shotgun and a .380 pistol. He filled the .380 with .38 Special revolver cartridges. Guess what? It jammed when he test fired it at a range. I've offered to take him shooting and teach him the basics but he always declines, preferring to stay blissfully ignorant.

A little off-topic, but I wonder how this would have gone down had the customer in there been CCWing? This robber didn't seem to pay any attention to the customer (in shorts and a light blue patterned shirt IIRC), which would have given the customer all the time in the world to draw and aim uninterrupted.

So I guess the question I ponder is, if I were the customer in there and this happened, at what point should I decide to shoot the BG? Clearly if I hear the BG's weapon go off, can't get any clearer intentionwise than that. Thinking about, if someone points a gun at someone else, I think that's all the intent you need, and if the BG has the gun in hand and pointed elsewhere, forget about drawing on him and ordering him to drop it, that's a good way to get shot. Draw, and shoot to stop him as soon as opportunity allows, especially if he's looking in another direction.

Any thoughts on this if you were the customer in there and CCWing?

Links