Florida success story!

Florida success story!

This is a discussion on Florida success story! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines a job well done! PLANTATION -- One gunman is dead and another is in critical condition after they tried to rob a sandwich store ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Florida success story!

Florida success story!

http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...home-headlines a job well done!

PLANTATION -- One gunman is dead and another is in critical condition after they tried to rob a sandwich store and were shot by an armed customer Wednesday night, authorities said.

Donicio Arrindell, 22, of North Lauderdale, and Fredrick Gadson, 21, of Fort Lauderdale, entered a Subway restaurant at 1949 N. Pine Island Rd. and demanded money at gunpoint about 11:17 p.m., said Detective Robert Rettig, a police spokesman.
    They then attempted to rob the lone customer, John Lovell, 71, of Plantation, by forcing him into the restroom, but Lovell, who was legally armed, pulled his gun and fired, police said.

Arrindell collapsed at the scene, while a police K9 unit found Gadson hiding in a hedge in front of a nearby bank at the Jacaranda Square shopping center, officials said.

Both men were taken to Broward General Medical Center, where Arrindell died.

Gadson was in critical but stable condition, investigators said.

Police said Lovell appeared to have shot in self-defense.

Charges are pending against the surviving suspect, Rettig said. No identifies have been released.

The shopping center remained closed Thursday morning as police hunted for a gun carried by the robbery suspects

Bad situation, but handled by someone with a clear head and quick action. The moment someone was being taken out of sight, that's when he stopped it. Not being charged? We need more of these outcomes, where clear right & wrong is understood and lauded, where the good sam. is thanked for his actions, and where he's permanently shielded against baloney lawsuits for his life-saving actions. Good for him, and good for the folks at the shop that are alive because of him.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    The moment someone was being taken out of sight, that's when he stopped it.
    +1 to ccw . . . this Ex-Marine no doubt saved this guys life ! ! ! This story should be plastered all over the national news about what a hero this guy was. I am glad to hear that none of the other customers or anyone else was injured.

Let's all hope that this brave CCWer doesn't have to spend a penny on any type of litigation battle . . . and if so Subway better pick up his costs, or in the very least provide free foot-longs for life.
    Glock 26 w/ CTAC IWB

"Speak softly and carry a big stick; you will go far" - Theodore Roosevelt

An asset to our country. I bet subway would've canned the employee if he had the nerve (and weapon) to defend himself. Corporation always worried about liability from customers. I tell you what, I get injured while working at a place that forbids me to defend myself, their gonna pay me big.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

VIP Member
    quick update....

Customer with gun kills 1, wounds another during robbery at Plantation shop

By Andrew Tran
    Sun-Sentinel.com
    Posted June 28 2007, 8:27 AM EDT

PLANTATION -- One gunman is dead and another is in critical condition after they tried to rob a sandwich store and were shot by an armed customer Wednesday night, authorities said.

Two armed, masked men entered a Subway restaurant at 1949 N. Pine Island Rd. and demanded money at about 11:17 p.m., said Detective Robert Rettig, a police spokesman.

LocalLinks
    They then attempted to rob the lone customer by forcing him into the restroom but the customer, who was legally armed, pulled his gun and fired.

One of the suspects was struck in the chest and the other was struck in the head and chest, Rettig said.
    When police arrived, they found one of the suspects unconscious in the store.

The police's K9 unit found the second suspect later hiding in a hedge in front of a nearby bank at the Jacaranda Square shopping center, officials said.

The men were taken to the hospital. The suspect who was shot in the head and chest died. The second suspect was in critical but stable condition, investigators said.

Police said the customer appeared to have shot in self-defense.

Charges are pending against the surviving suspect, Rettig said. No identifies have been released.

The shopping center remained closed Thursday morning as police hunted for a gun carried by the robbery suspects
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

NC Subway (GG-2 BG-0)

From North Carolina:
    Subway Customer Shoots Two Robbery Suspects

Yusila Ramirez
    Reporting

(CBS4) PLANTATION A quick thinking customer at Subway restaurant in Plantation reportedly foiled a robbery attempt by pulling a gun and shooting both of the suspects.

It happened at the Subway location in the 19-hundred block of Pine Island Road.

Police say the man had just finished eating a sandwich and was taking his tray to trash, when two armed and masked men walked into the restaurant.

As the armed men demanded money from the employee behind the counter, they tried to manhandle the customer into a bathroom. That's when the customer reportedly drew a gun and open fire, hitting one man in the head, the other in the chest.

When police arrived they found the suspect who had been shot in the head lying on the floor of the restaurant. He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. The other man was found about a block away trying to hide in the bushes. He was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.

A former employee of the restaurant who arrived shortly after the shooting saw the customer with the gun in his hand.

"As I went to go into the store, I noticed the man with a gun that was pointing down," said Sebastian Shakespeare, "I didn't really think it was a real gun, I thought it was just possibly the employee working there showing him a B-B gun or something."

Police say the customer did have a concealed weapons permit.

No word yet on the identity of the men who tried to rob the store or if the customer will face any charges.

( MMVII, CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved.)

Quote Originally Posted by metaljacket View Post
    He was taken to the hospital where he was pronounced dead. The other man was found about a block away trying to hide in the bushes. He was rushed to the hospital in critical condition.
    Boo hoo I'm very upset...no really I am...can't you tell...I weep for the "babies" that were shot by this madman with a gun. What was he thinking defending himself!

...more serious note though good for the GG , I certainly hope that I never have to face two armed men...heck I don't really want to have to face one armed man. Glad that he made it home to his family that night.

71 years old and holds own against two young thugs.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    And another one's gone,
    And another one's gone,
    Another one bites the dust.
    Hey Hey!!
    More gene pool adjustments.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

Excellent.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Local Success story

This is bizarre.. I just joined this forum and while reading the posts ;I wa amazed to discover that this shooting incident took place 10 minutes from where my kids live! We frequent the restaurants and shops often and I will no longer go out unarmed....

Just a bit more chlorine in the gene pool.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Welcome!

BTW this forum has a saying; "Anytime, anywhere [to anyone]".
    This is an example of how true that saying can be.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    It's always nice to hear about good people fighting back against thugs.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links