Fort Worth Robbery Suspect Shot, But Not By Police" :MERGED

This is a discussion on Fort Worth Robbery Suspect Shot, But Not By Police" :MERGED within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; That why I live in a 2A friendly State like NH. [Art.] 2-a. [The Bearing of Arms.] All persons have the right to keep and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fort Worth Robbery Suspect Shot, But Not By Police" :MERGED

That why I live in a 2A friendly State like NH.

[Art.] 2-a. [The Bearing of Arms.] All persons have the right to keep and bear arms in defense of themselves, their families, their property and the state.
    ~ Randy W. -- G27 & LCP

" If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?" Sen. Jesse Helms

2. Remove Ads

What happened with PD?

Does anyone know how he handled himself and his weapon when the police arrived? Did he render aid to the perp or just keep everyone else from finishing him off?

I saw this on a local Ft Worth news station. It seems the GG fired eight times, hitting him twice - once in the butt and the other in the foot. He said he shot for below the waist, and was glad he didn't kill him. The other two pieces of .... drove him to Hugley Hospital, which is only about seven miles from the crime scene. If what reported was true, the GG is as stupid as the scumbags. Oh, they also had a Tek9-like pistol. If you're there to protect the life of your wife, or anyone else for that matter, you don't shoot for below the waist.

Distinguished Member Array randytulsa2's Avatar
    My wife's in the store while it (and she and other customers) are being robbed?

There is no question of whether I'm going. And if we got there in my truck, I'm going in with a freakin' RIFLE, too, not any of my puny little handguns....
    "...bad decisions that turn out well often make heroes."

Gary D. Mitchell, A Sniper's Journey: The Truth About the Man and the Rifle, P. 103, NAL Caliber books, 2006, 1st Ed.

Quote Originally Posted by Geezer View Post
    It seems the GG fired eight times, hitting him twice - once in the butt and the other in the foot. He said he shot for below the waist, and was glad he didn't kill him.
    The GG needs some range/FoF time, I think. Fires eight shots at three armed BG's, making two hits? He's lucky he didn't get shot/killed.

Good example of why we carry extra rounds/magazines.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

DFW :Police praise man who shot at robber

Article Link

Police praise man who shot at robber

11:23 PM CDT on Wednesday, July 4, 2007
    By MARISSA ALANIS / The Dallas Morning News
    malanis@dallasnews.com

A Fort Worth man who only wanted to protect his wife stuck in an Albertsons store during a robbery is being hailed for his heroics by police.

3500 block of Sycamore School Road, Fort Worth The retired man may have shot one of the robbery suspects early Wednesday at the store in the 3500 block of Sycamore School Road.

Three men armed with guns robbed the store shortly after midnight and stole wallets and purses belonging to customers, said Lt. Dean Sullivan, a Fort Worth police spokesman.

The man, whom police didn't identify because he is a witness, saw two of the men walking around nervously before they entered the store. The witness said he called 911 when one of the men pulled out a gun and fired as he walked into the store.

About 20 seconds later, the witness's wife tried to call him from her cellphone inside the store. But he never got to talk to her.

"I just heard her saying, 'There is nothing in my purse,' " he recalled. "And there was a 'pow.' The phone went dead."

The man, who has a concealed handgun license, sprang into action. He walked into the store with his .45-caliber pistol under his shirt.

"I really thought I'd find her in the store shopping and get her out the back door," he said. "That was my intention. ... I had no intention of confronting these armed bandits."

But in the store, one of the robbers pointed the gun at the man. The man then fired twice. The robber ran away, and it's unknown whether he returned fire, Lt. Sullivan said. Outside the store, the retired man fired again.

Lt. Sullivan said Rayshaun Johnson was possibly hit during the robbery. Mr. Johnson, 17, was injured on his backside and foot. He was dropped off in the parking lot of Huguley Memorial Medical Center in Fort Worth.

Lt. Sullivan said Mr. Johnson faces a charge of aggravated robbery with a deadly weapon once he's released from the hospital. Police continue to search for the other two suspects. Suspect descriptions were unavailable.

The man said he does not feel like a hero.

"I don't feel good at all that there is an 18-year-old guy who's been injured and is going to go to some terrible place because it was a horrible mistake that somebody talked him into," he said. "I was worried about my wife. I just wanted to get her out of there."
    It is about being able to protect loved ones.

Quote Originally Posted by randytulsa2 View Post
    My wife's in the store while it (and she and other customers) are being robbed?

There is no question of whether I'm going. And if we got there in my truck, I'm going in with a freakin' RIFLE, too, not any of my puny little handguns....
    Darn right!

"We certainly don't encourage that," said Lt. J.D. McCarthy with the Fort Worth Police Department. "We ask that, most of the time, contact the police department and let patrol officers handle those situations."
    If we're lucky, several minutes later? Yeah, allow my wife to face an uncertain outcome when I can see which direction its headed? It just burns me up every time I see the very ones who are 'responsible for keeping us safe' giving that kind of direction. At least he said 'most' of the time...

"You're advise has been duely noted."

Given what most people are told by some CHL instructors, the GG was probably aiming for COM, but when confronted, made the statement that he was only trying to stop the BG, not kill him. If this does go to court, he can claim that he hit him in non-vital areas on purpose.

VIP Member
    Bravo.... always love reading a story with a happy ending.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Wow, seems he did exactly what people on forums like this ask about all the time: do you GO in when you are NOT in? This guy was doing it to save his wife (who in all likelihood would've been robbed but not killed), but I don't fault him for it. In fact, I think it's what more people should be willing to do. When we don't/won't, that's when criminals win. The guy's a hero. Too bad his target remains alive.
    What are you basing this assertion on?? benevolent criminals??

Hind-sight being 20/20---there was no way the husband could have known this. For all he knew (and I would probably assume the same thing)--it was going to be a matter of seconds before people would have been killed.

If I saw BGs armed going in--and my wife was still in the car getting ready to go in, I would have kept her in the car, been a good witness and called 911. But this is not the case here...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links