teen defends home against 4 intruders

This is a discussion on teen defends home against 4 intruders within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; From the pictures of the house, It doesn't really scream "drug house" to me. Seems like nice typical suburbia, but I guess looks can be ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: teen defends home against 4 intruders

From the pictures of the house, It doesn't really scream "drug house" to me. Seems like nice typical suburbia, but I guess looks can be decieving. But when I do hear "pit bull", I do think of gangstas. There does have to be some motive behind this, or maybe they were just worthless thugs that got what they deserved. Either way a 16yr old protecting his home unarmed against 4 intruders is pretty darn amazing.

2. Remove Ads

Finally, a pit bull story with a happy ending?

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I dunno, whenever I read that someone had two pit bulls and they factored into the defense of the home, I instantly think "drug house."

Am I wrong for doing that?

I mean, there's got to be some reason why the four went to the house, some attraction, something they thought it would net them. The kid is damned lucky. A knife and two dogs against four men? What a wonder that not a single one of them was adequately armed, himself.

Just a thought...

I would think that if it was a drug house and the kid knew it, and knew that there was a risk that some 'less than friendly' folks might drop by looking for those drugs he would have been armed with more than a kitchen knife.

If he doesn't care about drug laws, he probably doesn't care about gun laws either.

Of course this is all predicated on the assumption that it was a drug house--which we don't know. Sounds to me like the kid just did what he had to do in a bad situation.

Brian

pitt bulls can really be GREAT family dogs. and protect if nessisary.
    im glad everything turned out ok

I don't think it really matters *why* they came back, the fact that they forced entry into his home is enough for him to defend it, regardless of what he is doing inside it... to a point. The laws in some places may make something a bad shoot if something illegal is visibly going on in the home and the person involved had anything to do with those activities. You might still go to jail in such a case, but I feel you always have the right to defend yourself against an unlawful intruder.
    "When a man attempts to deal with me by force, I answer himóby force.
    "... No, I do not share his evil or sink to his concept of morality: I merely grant him his choice, destruction, the only destruction he had the right to choose: his own." -John Galt, Atlas Shrugged

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    i'm not sure why they are bothering with determining if it was the dogs or the knife, it's pretty irrelevant.
    If the dogs are the cause, they may have to be destroyed by law. In some towns a dog that kills a pet has to be put down.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy Warcrimes View Post
    If the dogs are the cause, they may have to be destroyed by law. In some towns a dog that kills a pet has to be put down.
    What pet? The dogs were the homeowners and they attacked the 4 BG's that busted through the front door. I'd say give the dogs a bone err uh 2 bones.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Senior Member Array Daddy Warcrimes's Avatar
    Just an example.
    "and suddenly I can not hold back my sword hand's anger"

DaddyWarcrimes.com

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I dunno, whenever I read that someone had two pit bulls and they factored into the defense of the home, I instantly think "drug house."

Am I wrong for doing that?
    Well, in my opinion... If somebody or in this case 4 somebodies are breaking into your house, its pretty much fair game on choice of defensive weapons - dogs, ninja cats, kitchen knife, kitchen sink, etc.

I don't think you are wrong for thinking "drug house" because there were pit bulls involved, just be aware some people hear a firearm factored into defense of a home and immediately think 'drug house' or 'gun nut', and not citizen defending their self/family.

Maybe I should argue the dogs were just tools. Anyway, its really only been in recent history that APBTs have gotten such a bad rap, but really its bad owners or at least ones who don't understand what it means to own a bully breed. Well, that's probably a discussion for another forum. The dog/knife combo may not of been the best combo but they worked and hopefully the kid won't find himself in another situation like that again.

BAC: don't sell your lab short. Loveable as hell, but has anyone threatened you when he was around? Might be an entirely different dog.

Bob

I have a few dogs. A pit cross, a rot cross, couple lab crosses, etc...no drug house here...more like a big dog house. The dangerous dog stereotype works to my advantage. No solicitors ever.

As for home invasion, I hope (expect) mine would perform in a similar manner. I do know that I wouldn't be using a knife.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links