teen defends home against 4 intruders

This is a discussion on teen defends home against 4 intruders within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=6754529 Police: One Person Killed in Poconos Home Invasion Friday, July 6, 12:43 p.m. By Rosa Yum Click for larger image The incident happened at ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: teen defends home against 4 intruders

teen defends home against 4 intruders

http://www.wnep.com/Global/story.asp?S=6754529

Police: One Person Killed in Poconos Home Invasion

Friday, July 6, 12:43 p.m.
    By Rosa Yum

Click for larger image
    The incident happened at a home in Emerald Lakes development, according to police.

It was a confrontation between four men and a 16-year-old male that led to the death of a man in Monroe County, according to police.

Investigators believe four men went to the home of the 16-year-old at the Emerald Lakes development in Tobyhanna Township around 10:30 p.m. Thursday. Police were called and the men left. About an hour later, the four men returned.

Two of them forced their way into the house. The teen confronted the men with his two pit bull terriers. One of the intruders fled. The one who stayed was bitten by the dogs, and was also stabbed with a kitchen knife by the teen. That intruder later died.

The other three men were later arrested by police, and are now charged with criminal conspiracy to commit burglary.

The assistant district attorney told Newswatch 16 the teen will not be charged, since he was defending his home. He is with his mother now.

An autopsy Saturday will help investigators decide if it was the stabbing or the attack by the dogs that led to the intruder's death.

2. Remove Ads

outstanding! hat's off to the kid, and the dogs! that took some brass ones. i hope he's not having too hard of a time dealing with it.

i'm not sure why they are bothering with determining if it was the dogs or the knife, it's pretty irrelevant.

notable was the determination of the home invaders. i'm curious if they came back for revenge, or if it was something that they just had to have from the house. very strange.

VIP Member
    Home Alone! Young people can be amazingly resourceful.

VIP Member
    Good for the kid. Sounds like he didn't have a choice.

Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    i'm not sure why they are bothering with determining if it was the dogs or the knife, it's pretty irrelevant.
    Irrelevant to the rest of the world, but the LE community lives on statistics. That would be my only guess.
    eschew obfuscation

The only thing that stops bad guys with guns is good guys with guns. SgtD

Smart kid. Good dogs.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array Ghettokracker71's Avatar
    Hell yeah!!! I love the fact his dogs were actually biting the BGs

"To blame a gun for a mans decision is to foolishly attribute free will to an inanimate object"- Colion Noir.

I'd wait to see if the 4 men who returned to the same place were after drugs they knew to be in the home, before cheering.

Smart and dedicated kid. Good dogs.

The fly in the ointment: four perps, one dead, three got away ... and know where he lives.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

BAC
    "The other three men were later arrested by police..."

The other three are caught, too.

Good kid, good dogs. I, on the other hand, have a Labrador, who is useless for defending my home from anyone. He's an adorable wuss, 'cept when it comes to antagonizing the neighbor's Labs.

-B

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I dunno, whenever I read that someone had two pit bulls and they factored into the defense of the home, I instantly think "drug house."

Am I wrong for doing that?

I mean, there's got to be some reason why the four went to the house, some attraction, something they thought it would net them. The kid is damned lucky. A knife and two dogs against four men? What a wonder that not a single one of them was adequately armed, himself.

Well there are always going to be questions because the news never reports all the facts.

Like several of us, I wonder why they came back after the police were called the first time.

I am also curious if after the first visit, if they knew there were 2 pit bulls at the home.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Yes and many NYC folks are taking out their "innocent" young ones out of the city and to that area. New problems with gangs. Yes, gangs. Curtis Sliwa (guardian angels) was in that area recently trying to start up a new chapter.

Dollars to donuts, the kid w/ the pit bull had some type of relationship with the intruders (most likely gone sour). But then again, my cynicism may be pegged to high and he may be an innocent angel.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    I dunno, whenever I read that someone had two pit bulls and they factored into the defense of the home, I instantly think "drug house."

Am I wrong for doing that?

I mean, there's got to be some reason why the four went to the house, some attraction, something they thought it would net them. The kid is damned lucky. A knife and two dogs against four men? What a wonder that not a single one of them was adequately armed, himself.
    I don't think you are wrong Jeffery. I tend to do the same thing. Pit Bulls just scream "Drug House" to me.

I'm glad the kid is OK but I'll hold my applause until we find out if there were drugs involved at all or not.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Distinguished Member Array Colin's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    "The other three men were later arrested by police..."

The other three are caught, too.

Good kid, good dogs. I, on the other hand, have a Labrador, who is useless for defending my home from anyone. He's an adorable wuss, 'cept when it comes to antagonizing the neighbor's Labs.

-B
    You never know he might just "love them to death"

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    I don't think you are wrong Jeffery. I tend to do the same thing. Pit Bulls just scream "Drug House" to me.

I'm glad the kid is OK but I'll hold my applause until we find out if there were drugs involved at all or not.
    Hey now! I don't have drugs in my house, but my pit sure loves to guard it. What was that old mr T saying? "I pity the fool" ...that tries to gain entry into my home without my consent.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links