From Las Vegas, again...

This is a discussion on From Las Vegas, again... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This time not a "success," but I wanted to show what happens the very day after police tell people that the best thing to do ...

Thread: From Las Vegas, again...

From Las Vegas, again...

This time not a "success," but I wanted to show what happens the very day after police tell people that the best thing to do is usually just give them what they want.

This store clerk did, and got a rifle shot to the head for his trouble. He should have been armed like the last clerk.

Story is here.

2. Remove Ads

"What happened this morning -- we pray doesn't happen again," said Lt. Clint Nichols with Metro police. "It's bad enough that you have to be a victim of a robbery, but to be shot unnecessarily is an entirely different thing."
    How about being unnecessarily ROBBED?? Another moron...

VIP Member
    I've always said that I would be a very inadequate employee to work in a convenience store. Simply put I wouldn't be able to operate the cash register and hold a double barrelled shotgun at the same time, and I won't be setting the gun down so someone could buy a Twinkie from me.
    Seriously, I hope the clerk comes out of this alright, I really feel for them over their exposure, vulnerability, and need to work.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Another example of why 'give them what they want' is very bad advice. This poor guy never had a chance, and it is only by very good luck that he is not very dead.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

Instead of "giving them what they want" it should be "giving them what they deserve".
    The most exhilarating thing in life is getting shot at with no results.
    - Winston Churchill
    Endowment Life Member - NRA
    Life Member - GOA
    Member - Oath Keepers, SAF, CCRKBA
    U.S. Army (72G) 1975-1980

What happened this morning -- we pray doesn't happen again
    they can trust their prayers, i'll trust my weapon
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    +1!
    N.R.A. Member
    G.O.A. Member
    Unified Sportsmen of Florida Member

Quote Originally Posted by walvord View Post
    Instead of "giving them what they want" it should be "giving them what they deserve".
    As the Rolling Stones put it:

Quote Originally Posted by The Rolling Stones
    You can't always get what you want
    But if you try sometime, yeah,
    You just might find you get what you need!
    If someone is trying to rob me, they need to be shot right this second.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    I feel kinda the same way except I do trust my prayers... along with the common sense I've been given!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

that is truely sad and it is even more sad that they keep telling people to just give them what they want. figure they would figure out that like someone already said, they need to give them what they need. a bullet!

When confronted, and I hope I never am...
    The only defensive action must be quick and violent, and there will be little, if any, time to think about it.

I certailnly hope this clerk makes it...

These dirtbags make me so angry...I hope they never live long enough for the trial...

Stay armed...think fast and violent...stay safe!

ret
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Attack, Attack, Attack... Immediately, without hesitation and with overwhelming violence of action. (which is why if that's the plan... it's best to be armed.)

They are not expecting that and it will disrupt their game plan, momentarily stun them, sending their mind into chaos and putting them on the defensive. They will no longer be the attacker, YOU WILL!
    Without mercy and without hesitation.

But, you can't hesitate and think about it, even for 3 or 4 seconds while they are making their demands and threatening you. It really has to be instantaneous and without hesitation.

So it has to be well thought out ahead of time, and practiced, practiced, practiced. For as many scenarios as you can think of.

It takes guts to do that, oh yeah... without a doubt! But that is mindset!

It is not a defensive move, a defensive block, or a defensive action. The word/s "defense and defensive" should only be used in describing your after action report to police and lawyers.

In your mind, in your actions and in your response, and in your "subconscious", you need to get the words and thoughts "defensive" out of your thoughts and "thought process" and replace it with "attack and counter-attack."

They may make the first move, but you will be making the first hit! And it will be overwhelming, overpowering and confusing to them. That pause will then allow you to draw and fire! So, when you hit them, you have to "believe" you are hitting them with the power and rage strong enough to break bones.

It may be your last act on earth, and if that bothers you, you have not developed the proper mindset to try that sort of counter attack.

There is a lot more to it that what I just described, both mentally and physically, so don't try this at home without proper training and a heck of a lot of reflection on understanding just what you are capable of.

If someone comes up and shoves a gun in my face, I BELIEVE they are toast. If I believe anything less... I'm probably dead!

I will point out that store clerks are in a particularly tough situation because usually there is a large counter between them and the armed robber which can make your "Attack", problematic. Since I don't have that type of job, I haven't trained specifically for that event... still it is a problem that can be solved, more than likely.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Hope the guy makes it. I think this shows how submitting is not the right thing to do. As you can not predict what the outcome will be when some is crazy enough to commited armed robbery, they are crazy enough to kill.

I sure like these stories better when the BG is on the recieving end & not the giving end of the bullet.

Links