Steal my phone, I shoot you dead (sorta)

This is a discussion on Steal my phone, I shoot you dead (sorta) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....a1a07452.html Slain man may have robbed shooter's wife 09:29 AM CDT on Monday, July 23, 2007 By MARISSA ALANIS / The Dallas Morning News A ...

Thread: Steal my phone, I shoot you dead (sorta)

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont....a1a07452.html

Slain man may have robbed shooter's wife

09:29 AM CDT on Monday, July 23, 2007

By MARISSA ALANIS / The Dallas Morning News

A man who was shot and killed Sunday may have been involved in a robbery the day before in Dallas.

Police said the deceased man was in possession of a cellphone that was taken from the shooter's wife during the robbery at 7 p.m. Saturday. The couple was moving out of Snug Harbor Apartments in the 9500 block of Forest Lane about 12:19 p.m. Sunday because of the robbery.

Sunday's confrontation started as the woman's mother noticed a suspicious man walking across the street. The mother had received harassing phone calls from the stolen cellphone, police said. Her son-in-law confronted the man, who pulled out a gun. The son-in-law, who has a concealed handgun license, shot the man.

The shooting victim was taken to Medical City Dallas, where he was pronounced dead.

Police have questioned the shooter and released him, said Sgt. Gene Reyes. The case will be referred to a grand jury.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

good, clean shot, by the sounds of it...

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    "Her son-in-law confronted the man, who pulled out a gun. The son-in-law, who has a concealed handgun license, shot the man."
    More like: Pull a gun on someone, get shot to stop your murderous actions.

The criminal row is a hard one to hoe.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Sounds clean to me, depending on how the shooter approached the "suspicious man". If I noticed someone hanging around, watching me move my stuff out of my house, I would probably go ask if I could help him with something too. I'm sure someone will say "why didn't he call the cops to check the guy out", but I see no reason to do that, just for someone hanging around the neighborhood.

As it turned out, it was a good thing the shooter was armed. Just proves that you never know when you might wish you had your pistol.

"The shooting victim was taken to Medical City Dallas, where he was pronounced dead."

Yep, another armed scumbag is called a "victim" by our PC media.

Yep, seems like no matter who you approach these days, sounds like a good idea to be armed. You never know who's gonna draw on you these days.

+1 with Bob the Great... you never know when you'll be glad you have a pistol.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Sig 210 View Post
    "The shooting victim was taken to Medical City Dallas, where he was pronounced dead."

Yep, another armed scumbag is called a "victim" by our PC media.
    i would have to agree, why is it everytime someone is shot they are automatically the victim?

another criminal gone. keep the success stories comin.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Another one bites the dust,
    Another one bites the dust.
    And another one's gone,
    And another one's gone,
    Another one bites the dust.

Hey Hey!!
    Hope the lady got her phone back. Gives me a warm, fuzzy feeling every time I read about garbage being put in it's place.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

[QUOTE=paramedic70002;436423] The shooting victim was taken to Medical City Dallas, where he was pronounced dead.[QUOTE]

Gooolleeee! Why they'd not be need'n to take d'fella' all d'way to d'hospittle. My gun'ld be doin' all th'pronuncin', Sarge!

Quote Originally Posted by Bob The Great View Post
    Sounds clean to me, depending on how the shooter approached the "suspicious man". If I noticed someone hanging around, watching me move my stuff out of my house, I would probably go ask if I could help him with something too. I'm sure someone will say "why didn't he call the cops to check the guy out", but I see no reason to do that, just for someone hanging around the neighborhood.

As it turned out, it was a good thing the shooter was armed. Just proves that you never know when you might wish you had your pistol.
    Thats exactly what he should have done, call the police if you see someone suspicious.

Things could have turned out very differently, and all because HE decided to approach the man.

Sounds like he had a bit of "metal" courage when he decided to walk up to him.

We are held to higher standards and confronting a suspicious person while packing is a no no.

If everyone called the police everytime they saw a suspicious character we would have to at least quadruple the number of policemen and then they could only investigate a small portion of them. Was there really any reason to report him before he pulled a gun?

I am just glad the son-in-law was quick and aware enough to respond the way he did. And yes the dead guy was a "victim" of his own stupidity.
    Last edited by FN1910; August 23rd, 2007 at 05:49 PM.

Links