93yr old Man Shoots Robber After Being Knocked Unconscious - Page 2

93yr old Man Shoots Robber After Being Knocked Unconscious

This is a discussion on 93yr old Man Shoots Robber After Being Knocked Unconscious within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by xercise2nd Watch...the kid will be paralized for life. His family and he will sue the old hero for everything he's got, and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 93yr old Man Shoots Robber After Being Knocked Unconscious

Quote Originally Posted by xercise2nd View Post
    Watch...the kid will be paralized for life. His family and he will sue the old hero for everything he's got, and win.
    I'm as cynical (realistic) as they come, but I doubt it in this case. I can't see any group of people codoning such behavior on any day, given the reality. It's about as perfect of a defense as can exist, IMO.
    ... someone who would pound a 93-year-old man over 50 times with a soda can (to the point where he lost consciousness) ...
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Final Score

Old Man...1
    Young Thug...0

The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Would have been better if he had gotten a shot off before being beaten senseless...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

While I too am appalled at the violence in this situation, I have hope for the kid.

I know it sounds corney but the first step to getting better is admiting you have a problem. "I deserved to get shot" shows the first step toward taking ownership of ones actions. I honestly hope the kid takes this opportunity to turn his life around.

I'm a para, and life in a chair is not something I would wish on any criminal. He was shot in the neck. That means a cervical level injury. If they have to do surgery to fuse the vertebre, you are looking at 4-6 months in rehab learning to dress yourself, use a chair, take care of bodily functions, the stuff we take for granted every day. Most likely he will loose alot of dexterity in his hands and he won't have controll of his bowel or bladder. He will now have to go through life depending on others to help him.

He did get what he deserved but he may wish that the old guy had aimed a little higher in a year or so.
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by FknRa View Post
    I have hope for the kid. Most likely he will loose alot of dexterity in his hands and he won't have controll of his bowel or bladder. He will now have to go through life depending on others to help him. He did get what he deserved but he may wish that the old guy had aimed a little higher in a year or so.
    The victim was beaten nearly to death. This snot nosed punk isn't turning his life around, trust me. I speak from the viewpoint of a former Probation and Parole Officer. He uttered that phrase as a preliminary to his "remorse" defense and probable plea agreement seeing as he is now a low risk for further criminal activity. MAYBE. He's probably been on public assistance his whole life. When he's not cashing his own welfare checks, he's ripping them off from granny down the block. For the 1 out of 5 times he get's busted and does some time in the county lockup, that's just vacation time with three hot meals and a warm dry bed to sleep in. It's just business as usual. Now he'll get even MORE "help." You wanna worry? Worry that the scumbag's buddies don't decide to finish off the witness/complainant. The old guy might be a target for retribution. However, as I said before, I'll bet this isn't the first time the old guy has used deadly force.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links