93yr old Man Shoots Robber After Being Knocked Unconscious

This is a discussion on 93yr old Man Shoots Robber After Being Knocked Unconscious within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; For anyone who needs more evidence that guns are equalizers... 93yr old vs 24yr old. All goes well for the young robber until his victim ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 93yr old Man Shoots Robber After Being Knocked Unconscious

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar

For anyone who needs more evidence that guns are equalizers... 93yr old vs 24yr old. All goes well for the young robber until his victim pulls out his .38.

I don't know if confronting the robber was the best idea, but certainly defending himself was.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,291231,00.html

Soda Can Assault Victim Wakes to Shoot Robber
    Friday, July 27, 2007

E-MAIL STORY PRINTER FRIENDLY VERSION
    EL DORADO, Ark. — An elderly man beaten unconscious by an assailant wielding a soda can later awoke and shot the man during an attempted robbery, police said.

Willie Lee Hill, 93, told police he saw the robber while in his bedroom Wednesday night. Hill confronted Douglas B. Williams Jr., 24, of El Dorado, who struck the elderly man at least 50 times, knocking him out, police said.

Hill, covered in blood from the attack, regained consciousness and pulled a .38-caliber handgun on Williams. Williams saw the gun and charged Hill, who fired one round, police said. The bullet struck Williams in the throat.

When police arrived, officers said Williams told them, "I can't feel my legs and I got what I deserved."

Paramedics took Hill and Williams to the Medical Center of South Arkansas for treatment. Doctors later sent Williams to the Louisiana State University Medical Center at Shreveport, where he was listed in critical condition Friday.

(Story continues below)

Advertise Here
    Advertisements

Employees at the Medical Center of South Arkansas refused to give Hill's condition or say if he'd been discharged from the hospital Friday, citing medical privacy laws.

Officers reported finding a set of keys, two hearing aids, a CD player, an MP3 player, a Craftsman drill bit set and three pocket knives inside Williams' pockets. Police plan to charge Williams with residential burglary, second-degree battery, theft of property and theft by receiving.

i'd put this under success stories...good shootin old man
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

Quote Originally Posted by phaed View Post
    i'd put this under success stories...good shootin old man
    Anybody else notice that old folks with revolvers seem to have a much better hit ratio and stop ratio than cops with hi-cap mags?

Wink Different Generation...they knew how to really CONSERVE

Quote Originally Posted by kd5nrh View Post
    Anybody else notice that old folks with revolvers seem to have a much better hit ratio and stop ratio than cops with hi-cap mags?
    Typical. The old OLD guys grew up during the Great Depression and really understood the connection between conservation and SURVIVAL. I'll bet it wasn't the first time this old guy has busted a cap into some BG's butt, either. Whether it was WWII or maybe Korea, I'll betcha he's "seen the elephant before!"

The moral of this happy story is simple and the youngster's I teach ought to remember it well...as it might save a life someday...maybe their own: Never "mess with" an old dog....He might have ONE GOOD BITE left!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Notice how ruthless the thugs of today are? Beat a 93 y/o over 50 times with a can of soda...

Good riddence. Old guy deserves a medal! Never give up the fight... even after a little nap!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Dang, you beat me to it. I just discovered this Foxnews story myself and was about to post a thread about it.

My reaction was: "HO...LEEE...MOLY!!" Talk about GRATIFYING TO READ! Old guy comes back from bein' on the ropes, plugs the THROAT of his attacker who then says that he deserved to get shot! NO JOKE, dude. You hit the old man more than FIFTY TIMES, there is no reason to believe you meant anything other than TO KILL HIM. The only pity here is that you are not rotting in a box right now.

Nice job, old man!

They listed the charges against the attacker... I want to know where the hell the ATTEMPTED MURDER / AGGRAVATED BATTERY charges are!
    Last edited by peacefuljeffrey; July 28th, 2007 at 03:22 PM.

Willie Lee Hill will probably be thrown out of the AARP they think senior citizens should be well behaved victims.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

The only way this story could have a better ending is if the citizens name had been 'Robert McCall'.

- The Equalizer
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Good on the old man. Way to go.

mmm same old 38 cal as i carry now for 30 years tried and proven over and over again accuracy counts not volume .......... a local sheriff its reported took over10 shots to curb a attack of a man on his ex-girlfiend he was chasing through the neighborhood the perp did hit her 3 times during the chase but the sheriff ended it with his last shot mid-chest killing him and stopping further damage a moving target is hard to hit as this shows but once the sheriff had a clean shot .....it was over mid-chest one hit one kill

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    The only way this story could have a better ending is if the citizens name had been 'Robert McCall'.

...and if the attacker was found dead at the scene.
    I think it's a tragedy that someone who would pound a 93-year-old man over 50 times with a soda can (to the point where he lost consciousness) remains alive.

Unfortunately the perp got less than what deserved.

two in the chest, one in the head......or split the difference- one in the throat :)
    too bad he lived, hopefully he learnt somethin'

Watch...the kid will be paralized for life. His family and he will sue the old hero for everything he's got, and win.
    "Our Constitution was made only for a religious and moral people. It is wholly inadequate for the government of any other." --- John Adams
    (1735-1826) Founding Father, 2nd US President
    Source: Oct. 11, 1798; Address to the military

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links