Shooter Claims Self-Defense After Teen Killed - Page 2

Shooter Claims Self-Defense After Teen Killed

This is a discussion on Shooter Claims Self-Defense After Teen Killed within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by P7fanatic Florida no longer has a 'duty to retreat' law. Didn't you hear when it was passed about a year ago. Some ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Shooter Claims Self-Defense After Teen Killed

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by P7fanatic View Post
    Florida no longer has a 'duty to retreat' law.
    Didn't you hear when it was passed about a year ago. Some in the press was trying to make it known to European vacationers that it they were planning on vacationing in Florida that they would be coming to the new 'Wild West' with everybody walking around with guns. They said there would be 'bood in the streets'.
    I remember the Brady Bunch passing flyers at Ft Lauderdale and Miami Airports. One of the points in the pamphlet was not to use hand gestures so the natives would not think they were being agressive......which is kinda funny in an area full of Latinos who use their hands so much Italians look like they are statues by comparison. When comments about the "racist undertone" of the pamphlet were raised, the Brady Bunch disappeared.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

OK, which one of you added this in the comments?

Hate it for the family, but Tommy was willing to KILL someone else to "take care of his responsibility". Seems if he really wanted to take care of his responsibility, he would have been flipping burgers at Whataburger instead of robbing at gunpoint. Tommy chose to rob the guy. God did not choose to take Tommy, Tommy chose to take himself out. Do not lay this on God, the fault lays squarely on the guy in the morgue. Instead of lashing out or going and buying a shirt, why not put the energy to good use. Start teaching the kids in the neighborhood that they can choose to NOT be a Tommy. Tommy's life was wasted long before that bullet hit him.
    I'll take a .45 and a large side of JHPs, please.

Oh yes, Mr. Kennedy was a model citizen. He didn't mean to hurt nobody, he was only going to politely ROB or KILL or both his intended victim, who just happened to be wise enough to be able to defend himself against such thugs. Mr. Kennedy got exactly what he deserved.
    Too bad the other two did not go down with him. BUT if caught they can be charged with Mr. Kennedy's death during the commission of a crime, as they were also part of it all.

It doesn't matter what age the person is....a danger is a danger. When I started working as a paramedic one of my first calls was a 14 year old who stabbed his own mother over 42 times. She was dead....he was in his room feeding his pet rodent. When asked why he did it...he said, "She POd me off". She had made the mistake of asking him to clean his room.
    Dangerous people don't become that way when they turn 21.
    I would be forced to defend my self from serious attack no matter what the age of the attacker.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    And another one's gone,
    And another one's gone,
    Another one bites the dust.
    Hey Hey!!

The "SAINT" Mr. Kennedy got to use early retirement benefits, a pine box with a sprinkling of dirt. Seems like someone broke out the lead and copper gene pool cleaning kit. Too bad the other 2 are still at large to continue being Good citizens.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

This Just In...

"He didn't mean to hurt noooooobody"... and his friends didn't hang around to make that point clear either...

Citizens 1
    Tommy Boys 0

Final Score...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

If the story's facts are as reported, of course ...

"Two dudes hopped out, one went directly to my window with a gun, arm pointed straight," Brown said.
    Brown said he was afraid he was going to die Monday morning and that was why he fired his gun, hitting Tommy Lee Kennedy.
    Kennedy's sister, Tamika Kennedy, and the teen's friends said they couldn't understand why their loved one was killed. "He is a good person," Tamika Kennedy said. "My brother never meant to hurt nobody."
    ... that is, until young Mr. Kennedy and an accomplice took a gun and rushed up to an innocent man with clear intent to commit violence upon him. Not very bright, is she? Seems to be a family trait. You makes your choices and you takes your chances.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Good... I hope he suffered as he bled out..

and Tamika needs a crowbar upside her head...
    XD 9mm 4 Inch
    XD .40 Sub Compact

CLICKY!

Kennedy's sister, Tamika Kennedy, and the teen's friends said they couldn't understand why their loved one was killed. "He is a good person," Tamika Kennedy said. "My brother never meant to hurt nobody."
    If he never meant to hurt "nobody", then what purpose did using a gun during a robbery do in the first place? Could it be because walking up to people in the middle of the night and politely asking them to give you all their money wasn't working? If it was used as a "scare tactic" (still going with the "never meant to hurt nobody" theme here) then why was it loaded? (it had to be loaded for a shootout to unfold) When there is someone else to blame, sadly, they are. It is far easier to push responsibility to someone else than to take even a shred of it for yourself. At least in that world.
    ~~~the biggest deficit of the general public is a lack of personal accountability.. I have no one to blame for my actions, regardless of circumstances, except myself and by the same token I can hold no one else responsible for my protection and well being other than myself~~~

these are the type of gun death statistics i don't mind our country tallying up.
    War is not the ugliest of things. Worse is the decayed state of moral feeling which thinks nothing is worth a war. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which he cares for more than his personal safety, is a miserable creature who has no chance of being free. -J.S. Mill

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    People like this tend to tell the truth inadvertently through double-negatives:

- "My brother never meant to hurt nobody."

Translation: "My brother meant to hurt somebody."

- "Yo, I didn't do nothin'!"

Translation: "You're right, you did something. Like, the crime we're arresting you for."

Betrayed by ebonics. Tsk.

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I want to know why Mr. Brown was, so soon after this incident, telling his story to the NEWS MEDIA.

If they shove a microphone into my face after such an incident, I will have to insist that I have nothing to say about the matter at this time. This is a serious matter, not one about which I will casually comment to a reporter.

In other words, when words start flowing after something like this, you can get yourself into a world of trouble that not even your lawyer can later get you out of, so keep your mouth SHUT! You do not have to weave a tale of adventure and drama so that the public can marvel at it come 11 o'clock, and you do not have to convince a reporter that you really had to do what you did.

You owe all of those people nothing. You owe it to yourself to preserve the truth that yours was a defensive act, fully justified both morally and legally. The best way to undo that is to run your mouth.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    People like this tend to tell the truth inadvertently through double-negatives:

- "My brother never meant to hurt nobody."

Translation: "My brother meant to hurt somebody."

- "Yo, I didn't do nothin'!"

Translation: "You're right, you did something. Like, the crime we're arresting you for."

Betrayed by ebonics. Tsk.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links