S.Florida Success story with a .44 mag!

This is a discussion on S.Florida Success story with a .44 mag! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Man went to an ATM and after he got back into his truck 2 guys get out and 1 with a gun and tells him ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: S.Florida Success story with a .44 mag!

Man went to an ATM and after he got back into his truck 2 guys get out and 1 with a gun and tells him to get out of the truck the robber shoots at him and the victim returns fire with a .44mag revovler. There looking for the rober now they know he has been hit since they found blood. Victim was unhurt. they wanted the truck not the money!http://www.sun-sentinel.com/news/loc...,7530088.story
    SigP226, SigP232SS, GLock 27, Glock 23, M&P9C, M&P 40C, Tika T3 .308, New England Rifle .17 HMR. DPMS AR-10 .308, Mossberg 500, Bersa .380, Olympic Arms AR15 Pistol, Kimber CDP2 Ultra, Kimber CDP2 compact, S&W 432pd,CX4 storm .40

Good story. The .44 magnum does demand a little respect. I bet those BG's need new shorts for sure.

Jeebus...to get hit with a .44 Mag at all has got to suck something awful.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Strange enough, I just bought a S&W 44 magnum though,.......it wasn't me, it wasn't me !!!

Good grief, it's a BIG gun.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    When it said he was shot with a .44 mag. I was expecting to read, "they were stilll looking for where the suspect might land" That thing will put you in orbit.

Not exactly my choice in self defense guns, against people anyways.
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

.44 Mag...

What a great way to say, "No, but thanks for asking!"
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Local news is saying one bad guy in hospital with 2 bullet wounds, gun was a .44 Special Charter Bulldog Pug. Shooter fired all five rounds he had.
    I'll take a .45 and a large side of JHPs, please.

VIP Member
    Three suspects on the run after shoot-out with carjack victim

Related Links
    Video: Man gets into shootout with 3 car-jackers
    MIRAMAR, Fla. (WSVN) -- Police are looking for three suspects, one of whom was injured, following a shootout between the suspects and the man they tried to carjack.

At around 5:30 Thursday morning, two men confronted 57-year-old Bruce Williams, demanding he relinquish his new white pickup truck and his money that he had just withdrawn from an ATM machine.

They brandished guns and one fired at Williams, and Williams fired back with his own gun, hitting one of the attackers. Police confirm Williams has a valid concealed weapons permit.

After the brief exchange of gunfire, the two suspects ran north from the scene and might have been picked up by a third suspect in a brown vehicle. Williams noticed the brown vehicle in the parking lot of the Wachovia Bank, located near the 6800 block of Miramar Parkway, while he was withdrawing his funds.

The suspects did get as far as taking Williams' truck, but they did not get drive far, after firing upon Williams as they tried to drive off with it. That was then when Williams shot back at them. "We believe the suspect driving the truck was struck, and he continued forward, in the victim's truck, and then, once he was shot, exited the truck and both of the suspects ran north on Southwest 68th Avenue," said a police detective on the scene.

Miami-Dade police records show a similar incident occurred on 183rd Street and 441 when three men held a man at gunpoint after they followed him from an ATM, at about the same time of day Williams has his encounter.

Miramar police responded to the scene and set up a perimeter, but they never found the suspects. Police say they are looking for two black men in their early 20s. One stands about 4 feet 9 inches, weighing 155 pounds and having a goatee and a short Afro. The other stands 5 feet 6 inches and weighs about 120 pounds. Police do not have a description of the third suspect.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of these criminals, call Broward County Crime Stoppers at 954-493-TIPS. Remember, you can always remain anonymous, and you may be eligible for a reward.
    And the elderly gentleman was smart about the media too. he refused any interviews.
    I saw the news about 2 hours ago during my meal break at work and applauded. Some of my more liberal coworkers frowned but what do I care?
    The piece mentioned that Mr. Willians does have CCW and the little video they showed of him shows a hard working gentleman, the people which CCW was intended to help.
    Chalk one for the good guys!
    Last edited by Miggy; August 2nd, 2007 at 08:39 PM. Reason: More info
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vanilla_gorilla View Post
    Local news is saying one bad guy in hospital with 2 bullet wounds, gun was a .44 Special Charter Bulldog Pug. Shooter fired all five rounds he had.

Wow, it's gotta be a really sucky feeling, to have spent all your ammunition and your target is still mobile... and he's one of two targets in the first place.

All in favor of ditching a five-shot revolver for a 15+1 autoloader, say aye.

AYE!!

VIP Member

Talking Update

Gotta love happy endings

Shot by victim, now he's arrested by cops
    Posted on Fri, Aug. 03, 2007Digg it del.icio.us reprint or license print email
    BY JENNIFER LEBOVICH
    jlebovich@MiamiHerald.com
    Miramar police have arrested two men involved in a Thursday-morning robbery at a Wachovia bank.

Damien Gay, 16, and Marcus J. Stephens, 23, were charged in the early morning robbery at the Wachovia at 6810 Miramar Pkwy.

The two men tried to steal Bruce Williams' pickup truck, but what they didn't know was Williams, who has a permit to carry a concealed weapon, was armed.

Gay, of Miami, got into the truck and fired a 9mm pistol at Williams and missed, according to Miramar Police spokesman Bill Robertson. The 9mm pistol was recovered in Williams' truck, Robertson said.

Williams fired back with his .44 special, hitting Gay twice. Gay fled to a gold Pontiac Grand Prix, driven by Stephens, police said. Stephens, of Miami, took him to Jackson North Medical Center in North Miami Beach.

Police got a call there was a shooting victim at the hospital, Robertson said.

''We went to investigate and sure enough his wounds were consistent with what the victim described,'' Robertson said. ``Once we interviewed him he gave us a full confession.''

Gay led police to Stephens, who turned himself in to police Thursday night.

Gay, who is at the hospital in stable condition, was charged with attempted murder, armed carjacking and conspiracy to commit robbery. Stephens was charged with armed carjacking and conspiracy to commit robbery.

Police are still searching for a third suspect
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Lightbulb Speedloaders?

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Wow, it's gotta be a really sucky feeling, to have spent all your ammunition and your target is still mobile... and he's one of two targets in the first place.

All in favor of ditching a five-shot revolver for a 15+1 autoloader, say aye.

AYE!!

Well, when I carry my M642 I always carry at least one reload in the form of an HKS speedloader in one of my cargo pockets. Often I carry two. There's your 15 rds. If you rip thru 15 rds in the time I'm taking to reload my spares, I think that falls into the realm of spray and pray. Still, I've got no answer for your spare 15 or 17 rd mag except to admit it must bring you a good measure of comfort! LOL I have to admit, I carry the M642 simply because the heat and humidity here in Miami makes it too uncomfortable to wear a proper gun and cover garment. However when my Crossbreed Super Tuck Deluxe arrives here in a few weeks, I should be able to change that to wear my Sig P226 Blackwater.

When I take my wife to the Florida Keys, it's her mission to shop for semiprecious gems for her jewelry making business. I just tag along and enjoy her company. As long as I've got a good book or more likely a good gun magazine, so I can read while she shops....then I'm "good to go."

But when I leave Miami for Monroe County I'm also acutely aware of the dangers of the Keys. I'll sacrifice comfort to carry a Sig P245 & sp mag.

Now however, I've got the Blackwater and I think it will bring me enourmous satisfaction to know I've got 31 rds of happiness ready to go. Actually the Blackwater came with FIVE magazines, so if I loaded them all....76 rds ready to launch!
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Good ending!

SY

Front sight... Center mass... Front Sight... Center mass...

Hey, guy's OK, still has his possessions, and at least one gobblin will think twice before whipping out his 9 again. Who am I to critisize?
    Liberty is an inherently offensive lifestyle. Living in a free society guarantees that each one of us will see our most cherished principles and beliefs questioned and in some cases mocked. It's worth it.

One thing I have always enjoyed about wheelguns is this: They teach fire discipline. Real well. I remember one of my many teachers in the art of competition shooting tell me one time that if I wanted to find out how accurate I really was, run the same practice drills with a six-shooter as I did with an autopistol. I competed with revolvers until the mid-'90s, and still have my 4" stainless 686 and all of the equipment ready to go in the safe; I still pull the stuff out every once in a great while during a practice session if I am feeling nostalgic.

Try it sometime, just make sure you leave your ego at home........

It can be a humbling experience
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    I would not be surprised if Mr. Williams himself is reconsidering his choice of carry gun, having so easily exhausted his load.

I would hardly compare a six-shooter and two speedloaders--18 rounds, 12 of which are really not accessible in a combat situation if they're in a cargo pocket--with 16 rounds of .40 S&W already in the gun and ready to fire. (Plus another 15 or 30 rounds also quite nearly ready to fire, possibly.)

Some will offer the hackneyed, "If you need more than 6 rounds, you should be running away," but that is simplistic and silly. Surely it doesn't account for every situation in which you could find yourself. Doesn't account for panic firing (a regrettable but likely event), or having to deal with multiple attackers and a few missed shots for each. Doesn't even account for the fact that one shot is generally not enough to stop an attacker cold. If you have five shots in your gun, and two attackers, you have two for each, with the grace of one miss. Not what I'd want to count on.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links