Found a story from last year...

This is a discussion on Found a story from last year... within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Ran a thread search and came up with zilch so here it is: Shotgun preteen vs. illegal alien Home Invaders Butte, Montana November 5, 2006 ...

Thread: Found a story from last year...

Ran a thread search and came up with zilch so here it is:

Shotgun preteen vs. illegal alien Home Invaders Butte, Montana
    November 5, 2006

Two illegal aliens, Ralphel Resindez, 23, and Enrico Garza, 26, probably believed they would easily overpower home-alone 11 year old Patricia Harrington after her father had left their two-story home. It seems the two crooks never learned two things: they were in Montana and Patricia had been a clay shooting champion since she was nine.
    Patricia was in her upstairs room when the two men broke through the front d oor of the house. She quickly ran to her father's room and grabbed his 12 gauge Mossberg 500 shotgun. Resindez was the first to get up to the second floor only to be the first to catch a near point blank blast of buckshot from the 11-year- old's knee crouch aim. He suffered fatal wounds to his abdomen and genitals.
    When Garza ran to the foot of the stairs, he took a blast to the left shoulder and staggered out into the street where he bled to death before medical help could arrive.
    It was found out later that Resindez was armed with a stolen 45 caliber handgun he took from another home invasion robbery. That victim, 50-year-old David Burien, w as not so lucky. He died from stab wounds to the chest.

Gun education, not gun controll...
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

I looked up the story on Snopes and here's what I found.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/homeinvasion.asp

They say it is false. However, I have noticed that Snopes tends to be a bit left wing sometimes and some of their editorial comment seems to have been written by democrats or other liberal types, so take it for what it's worth.

Good story even if not exactly accurate.
    As for me and my house, we will serve the Lord. Joshua 24:15

Yep bogus.

I recall this from last year and Snopes denied it within a week.
    As well I 'd then run a news source search against all three names as inidcated in the 'story' (that had not featured a byline heading or news source) and all fingers then pointed back to a single blog source which itself had not posted it's source.
    Now news references otherwise at a national, state, nor local base that I'd found toward this again last year.

Things might have changed, but I doubt it.
    BTW I'm a liberal democrat (actually a centrist) but that fact didn't have any bearing then or now on the fact that the story was sourceless and by all appearances impossible to establish as truthful in part or whole.
    FWIW though other stories of successful home defense with shotguns albeit by older aged teens have been in the real and confirmed news in the same time frame.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

well nutz delete it then. I was happy camper for a minute :P
    To those that paid for my freedom,
    I WILL NEVER FORGET.

As with all statements I've made and All that I will make, please check your local laws to verify accuracy. (and if i'm wrong let me know as I like to be right in the future) After all I'm just some goofball posting on an internet forum.

Quote Originally Posted by FknRa View Post
    well nutz delete it then. I was happy camper for a minute :P
    No harm, no foul... The point being was your last line in the post

Gun education, not gun contol! truer words have never been spoken!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Links