22 yr old woman defends home

This is a discussion on 22 yr old woman defends home within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; This is from www.nola.com . It was also just broadcast on the evening news. On the news they indicated that she put 5 rounds in ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 22 yr old woman defends home

This is from www.nola.com. It was also just broadcast on the evening news. On the news they indicated that she put 5 rounds in the dead BG and one in the hospitalized BG. The St Charles Parish officials said that the woman would not be charged.

Woman kills one intruder, wounds another in St. Charles Parish
    By River Parishes bureau

A 22-year-old woman shot and killed a New Orleans man and wounded a Metairie man after authorities say the two invaded a Luling home at gunpoint shortly after 4 a.m. Wednesday.

A 5-year-old child who was in the house at the time was not injured.

St. Charles Parish Sheriff's Office say Jason Jammal Todd, 24, 2501 New York St.,New Orleans was pronounced dead at the scene at 6:20 a.m. A second suspect, Chris Avila, 31, 3108 Minnesota Ave., Metairie was found in a nearby grassy field around 8 a.m. He was transported to St. Charles Hospital for surgery.

Upon his release, authorities say, he will be booked with attempted murder and aggravated burglary.

Investigators say the two men accosted Nathaniel Evans, 25, as he left his home on Paul Fredrick Street for work. He was forced back into the house by the men who were armed with a 38 revolver, a 9 mm and a 40 mm semi-automatic guns.

Authorities say Evans and another resident, Irene Bailey, 22, were made to lie on the floor. Evans was shot while Bailey was able to find a gun and shoot both suspects.

Evans was transported to St. Charles Hospital where he was listed in guarded condition after undergoing surgery for a lacerated liver.

Bailey has not been charged in the shooting and authorities are still investigating the incident.

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar
    Good guys win

Restricted Member Array SelfDefense's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarlady View Post
    He was forced back into the house by the men who were armed with a 38 revolver, a 9 mm and a 40 mm semi-automatic guns.
    WOW! I want one of those 40 mm semis.

Quote Originally Posted by SelfDefense View Post
    WOW! I want one of those 40 mm semis.
    I didn't catch that one. I was just glad she handled the situation. They just had another blip on TV where her neighbors were applauding her actions. No anti comments, I'm in shock.

Upon his release, authorities say, he will be booked with attempted murder and aggravated burglary.
    Someone died as a result of their commission of a felony violent crime. Wouldn't that justify charges of murder, not merely the attempt?
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

This just in...

Good Guys...2
    BG's...0

Final Score
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Someone died as a result of their commission of a felony violent crime. Wouldn't that justify charges of murder, not merely the attempt?
    Totally depends on the prosecutor and possibly the laws in a particular state, but as a whole, you are correct. The surviving BG could be charged with the "felony murder" of his compatriot for their actions.

Good job for the woman. I hope the man (Evans) survives his GSW.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    This just in...

Good Guys...2
    BG's...1

Final Score
    Corrected

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Do not get between a mother bear and her cub.

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sarlady;461995A
    22-year-old woman shot and killed a New Orleans man and wounded a Metairie man after authorities say the two invaded a Luling home at gunpoint shortly after 4 a.m. Wednesday.

A 5-year-old child who was in the house at the time was not injured.

Bailey has not been charged in the shooting and authorities are still investigating the incident.

nuff said
    "fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

Two criminals invaded a home, shot one of the residents, and the other resident took them out in order to defend herself and a 5yr old child in the next room.

If true, then that's about all that needs to be known.

As for the BG's ... sux to be them. We'll see if the surviving felon has the honor to simply admit to what he's done, or whether he drags this out via a trial forced to prove his idiocy and danger to everyone.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Bravo Zulu!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    unfortunate that the GG was shot, but the situation turned out better than it might have.

This kind of thing makes me wonder what I would do if I were accosted in the morning on my way out the door. It's a federal felony for me to carry at work or even leave my gun secured on my bike, which means I lock everything up before leaving. My roomate owns a pistol as well, but he keeps it secured and unloaded. That spells bad mojo if a BG decides I look like a target in the early morning.

I'm think the solution is to find a place to park off-facility, and walk in, leaving my pistol locked on my bike.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Another one bites the dust,
    Another one bites the dust.
    And another one's gone,
    And another one's gone,
    Another one bites the dust.
    Hey Hey !!

Too bad the good guy got shot. Perhaps the liver problems with the 2nd piece of garbage will not heal, possibly fester over and finish him. Put the lid back on the garbage can.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

VIP Member
    Same story from a different media with a few more details. I wonder if these guys invaded this house over a drug debt?

22-year Old Woman Kills An Intruder And Wounded Another During A Home Invasion
    Cyndi Nguyen ABC26,

August 22, 2007

NEW ORLEANS A home invasion in Luling ends with one intruder in the hospital recovering from gunshot wounds, and the other shot dead.

Investigators say the two intruders had a motive, they knew their intended targets. What they didn't know was that one of the victims was fully ready to defend herself.

Investigators say the justifiable homicide happened around four in the morning Wednesday in the 1300-block of Paul Federick Street. Deputies say a woman pulled the trigger on two intruders who forced their way into her mobile home trailer. Authorities say the two armed suspects knew what they were after.

"This wasn't a random act. They all knew each other. They were involved in some type of dealing. The intruders were there to collect a debt," says St. Charles Parish Sheriff Greg Champagne.

Investigators say the incident happened around four this morning as the woman's boyfriend - 25 year old Nathaniel Evans -- was leaving for work.

Deputies say two men approached him and forced their way into the couple's house. The suspects shot Nathaniel. That's when deputies say his girlfriend took matters into her own hands and shot the two suspects. 24-year old Jason Jamal Todd was shot five times. He died at the scene. 31- year old Chris Avila was shot once in the abdomen but is listed in stable condition. Authorities say they plan to charge him with attempted murder.

Neighbors and friends of the couple say they're a little shaken up over the shooting, but say the woman did what had to be done.

"To defend yourself, she did the right thing. He would have taken her life just as she took his," says the victim's friend Daphne Darensburg.

Deputies say the girlfriend -- Irian Bailey -- will not be charged at this time. Her boyfriend is listed in stable but guarded condition.

The suspects come from New Orleans and Metairie and police say both have lengthy criminal records.
    Copyright 2007, ABC News
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links