The Escalante Brothers ( Mesa ,AZ) - Page 2

The Escalante Brothers ( Mesa ,AZ)

This is a discussion on The Escalante Brothers ( Mesa ,AZ) within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; agree ,,,you did a great job,,,well done friend,,...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Escalante Brothers ( Mesa ,AZ)

agree ,,,you did a great job,,,well done friend,,

The one thing that the victim did right was she had her cell on her body , not in her purse.

because of my low post count here , I will offer a case number to those who pm me. should anyone feel the need to confirm.
    There are tons of posers or wannabes on the innernet.
    I posted the information so that others may be prepared in their neighborhood. the local news, newspaper and radio made no mention of the events.

Arizonut,

I don't doubt your account, but I lived in Mesa for a couple years, can you tell me whereabouts this incident was?

--Travis--

Congratulations on being an involved citizen who pays attention and who cares about their fellow human beings. I am glad the results were all so positive. I wish the news would pick up more stories like this and fewer of the ones where the police are advising people to just lay down and be victims for their own safety.
    But if you are authorized to carry a weapon, and you walk outside without it, just take a deep breath, and say this to yourself...
    "Baa."
    LTC(RET) Dave Grossman

Revolutionary War Veterans Association Shooter Qualification: Cook

North east corner of main and greenfield , frys grocery.
    sunday at 4:45.

The P.D. told me that a car per week gets stolen from that corner and four or five purse's per week get grabbed.

Great job. You didn't do wrong in not drawing your gun. If you can think your way through an incident and it has the desired outcome, then you have won. Besides, you probably saved yourself a lot of legal fees because their momma would have hounded you for the rest of your life if you'd shot one of her "good" boys.

Quote Originally Posted by Arizonut View Post
    And Yes, the post incident "mind mess" sucks. It turns out that what I thought was taking about twenty minutes , only lasted about 28 seconds, according to the digital video recorder in the grocery store.
    Sounds to me like you need to give yourself a good pat on the back. Your responce looks like it was text book perfect. You responded in a rational reasonable way rather than an emotional knee jerk reaction that could have gotten peopel needlessly hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    This seems to be happening more and more, particularly here in Mesa.
    In the nothwest alot of us do not realize how fortunate we are. My wife moved out of Tempe ten eleven years ago because her son was turning thirteen and appoaching the time he would have to decide which gang he was going to join. She said at that time there were over 300 known registered gangs in the Tempe area alone and that boys did not have a choice of staying out of gangs it was either join a gang or be a victim to all the gangs. I can not even imagine what living like that is like

Quote Originally Posted by Bumper View Post
    This seems to be happening more and more, particularly here in Mesa. I think these guys are starting to prey on the older retired people we have here and another reason I am going to move out of Arizona. If the Mesa PD would have come across this incident in progress I guarantee you there would be at least two or three dead carjackers. I, too, think you handled this well.
    Personally, I love Arizona, especially the northern parts. Where would you move to that you think the crime would be less? It's getting worse pretty much everywhere... Also, Arizona is one of the top states for gun owners/enthusiasts.

The gangsters decided to grab
    A new car. "It's in the bag."
    But when they got there
    They got quite a scare.
    A good guy had gotten their tag.

VIP Member
    It just goes to show that you really don't know what you'll do until it happens!

PRACTICE PRACTICE PRACTICE!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Way to go Arizonot!!!!
    Lex et Libertas Semper Vigilo, Fortis, Paratus, et Fidelis!

"Not only do the people who put their lives on the line to protect the rest of us deserve better, we all deserve better than to have our own security undermined by those who undermine law enforcement." -Thomas Sowell

Quote Originally Posted by glocksandkahrs View Post
    Personally, I love Arizona, especially the northern parts. Where would you move to that you think the crime would be less? It's getting worse pretty much everywhere... Also, Arizona is one of the top states for gun owners/enthusiasts.
    Arizona used to be good, but it's turning into a cesspool very quickly, mostly thanks to the illegal invasion which is greatly increasing the crime, and the California refugees are changing the local politics making it very liberal.

Using a gun here for self-protection will probably land you in prison for a decade. See the case of Mr. Fish who shot a crazy homeless guy attacking him while hiking.

As soon as my wife finishes her schooling, we're moving up to the Pacific Northwest and looking for something more rural. It's not quite as gun-friendly, but the weather is far better, and there aren't nearly as many illegals and all the problems they bring, just because of proximity to the border.

I think we should just give Arizona back to Mexico, along with California. We're not willing to defend our border anyway, so why should we keep that territory? We don't deserve it.

Thumbs up

I said it twelve years ago and it still applys today .
    I have lived in five states and 9 cities and the nicest people I have found are right here in Az.
    good luck with your move.

and now back to our topic...

That was good thinking on your part. The grocery store lots seem to be one of the bad guys favorite places to rip people off especially the older generation. This is just another reason for our older generation to get their CCW permit and learn to shoot. I'm glad the three hoods were tried as adults. When a teen uses any type of gun to commit a crime they should have to pay the full price.

Is Joe Arpaio still the Sheriff in Maricopa County. Hopefully these thugs will look good in pink underwear.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links