Rape Halted Attacker Shot

This is a discussion on Rape Halted Attacker Shot within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Woman stops rape by shooting attacker Associated Press SAVANNAH, Ga. - Police continued searching Wednesday for a second man wanted in connection with a rape ...

Administrator

Woman stops rape by shooting attacker

Associated Press

SAVANNAH, Ga. - Police continued searching Wednesday for a second man wanted in connection with a rape in which the victim fought off her attackers, shooting one of them.

The woman told officers she was sitting in a car with her boyfriend Monday night when two men came up to the parked car with a handgun and ordered them out of the car, according to Savannah-Chatham Metropolitan police.

The two men took a purse and wallet from the couple and then attacked the woman. They ripped her pants off and began sexually assaulting her, police said.

But when one of the men put his gun down, the woman grabbed it and fired four shots. One of the shots struck one of the attackers in the neck, causing him to fall over.

The woman and her boyfriend jumped back into their car and drove off. The men followed and, using the gun, broke the car's rear windshield, police said.

The couple got away and went to a home where they called police.

Officers later found Eric Easterling bleeding on a porch. Easterling, 20, was taken to a hospital and faces charges of armed robbery and sexual assault-related charges, police said.

Police spokesman Bucky Burnsed said investigators were still trying to track down the second suspect Wednesday.

The woman was treated at a hospital and released.

I never want to be powerless and watch my loved ones be assaulted.....which is why I'm NEVER unarmed. I only wish she'd emasculated both with the weapon....
    http://www.myspace.com/sgeringer
    SIG SP2009<>XD45 4"<>S&W 638-3<>GLOCK20<>Mossberg Mav88

I agree...something about headlines of "Rapist Violently Converted to Eunuch"....
    If total government control equals safety, why are prisons so dangerous?

Administrator

So....

What was the husband doing while his wife was handling the situation?
    The story does not say.
    I would be fighting like Hell.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by armoredman
    I agree...something about headlines of "Rapist Violently Converted to Eunuch"....
    I taught my four daughters where to aim kicks, shots, knives, anything, and the target is below the navel a few inches.

Assistant Administrator
    When one of the men put his gun down
    Glad he did - but probably not often a victim can capitalize on a perp's stupidity. Much better to be armed initially.

Rapists deserve no quarter - they are parasitic scum.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

To bad she didnt get um both but i also what to knwo what was the boyfriend doing the whole time

Let's not be too harsh on the boyfriend. These news stories leave a lot out. If one scumbag for instance had a gun pointed at his head while the other attacked his girl there isn't much he could have done. We all would like to think how brave we would be but faceing down the barrel of a gun at close range leaves few options.

One interesting fact I think is 4 shots were fired, I would think at relatively close targets, and only 1 hit home, and not enough to kill the attacker. The other day I read a story where a prosecutor asked the victim why they didn't shoot their attacker in the leg instead of killing him. That prosecutor had been watching too much TV I think. He should read this story.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming
    I taught my four daughters where to aim kicks, shots, knives, anything, and the target is below the navel a few inches.
    Believe it or not, nut-shots are rarely fight-stoppers; kicks can be iffy- when you have adrenaline going, the testicles retract, to varying degree. Knives and bars or bats work well. If you crush someone's pubic symphysis, they will really slow down. If you have the luxury of aiming or directing fire, go from the sternum down through the body. Excruciatingly painful; the buddies can take an 20 mins-1 hour or more to ditch their guns, dope, etc., which incrementally increases the chance of death due to the catastrophic blood loss possible in the belly and/or peritonitis (later); at the very least, they are likely to be crapping through a belly-bag for a long time.

Links