Under Cover LEO's on the job!

This is a discussion on Under Cover LEO's on the job! within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; I just got a call from my sister a few minuetes ago of what happened at her bar and I thought I share it with ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Under Cover LEO's on the job!

VIP Member

I just got a call from my sister a few minuetes ago of what happened at her bar and I thought I share it with everyone. My sister owns a neighborhood bar in the South part of St. Louis which is no longer good and safe neighborhood. The neighborhood is filled with crack dealers, crackheads and prositutes. It was once strong Dutch neighborhood.

During the week she had two men come in either drunk or acting like they were. My sister would not serve them and she was the only one in the bar area. These men refused to leave and threaten to come over the bar which left my sister screaming for her husband who was in the back room counting stock. He is a big man but she said he had a hard time pushing them out of the bar.

Well as soon as my brother-in-law got them out and locked the door behind them, they rushed a car parked in front of the bar with two drunk guys in it to car jack their car. Well guess what, the guys in the car were not drunk at all but undercover LEO's waiting for the right time to enter the bar to not put my sister in danger. They seen what was going on from outside the bar and set up a front to help.

I applaud these LEO's for their good work because in this neighborhood seldom the good guy is on top!!!!

VIP Member
    and very happy your sister is OK
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Don't you just love it when the BG's plan falls apart?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Don't you just love it when the BG's plan falls apart?
    Retsupt I would of loved to be there to see the expression on their face. But I bet you all it meant to these guys is jail = free meal.

Administrator
    Since I've been "plain clothes" I spend lots of time in bars. Its amazing what goes on if you really pay attention.

Thats a neat story Ben. I got a chuckle out of it.
    "Just blame Sixto"

VIP Member
    I told ya the coppers were the good guys!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I love a good ending

My hats off to the LEO and your sister and her Husband.

Ben, what area was this? My wife and I just moved earlier this year from Chippewa/S. Kingshighway because that neighborhood is going to crap.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mpbond View Post
    Ben, what area was this? My wife and I just moved earlier this year from Chippewa/S. Kingshighway because that neighborhood is going to crap.
    mpbond that area isn't so bad as yet and most likely will not be if you are living off the main roads. The section I am talking about is Meramac btween Grand and S. Broadway. There are still two good restaraunts at the intersection of Grand and Meramac but the closer you go east getting closer to the historic church and past the church to Broadway, during night, You're in gangland!!! But if you are driving you would not notice this because these little gangheads are 13, 14 and 15 years old. And a fourth of them are girls. Kids these age are no longer scared of adults. Since I no longer work, my sister will call me to see if I can give some of her better patrons a ride home. You can not always count on the cab. They keep claiming they are going to renovated this area like they did Soulard but first you have to find investors. I grew up in Soulard and Souldard is nice now but I do not see it happening soon to Dutchtown.

Yeah, Soulard is nice now. I live in Benton Park now. It is becoming very nice. Everything is being renovated. It is a lot like Soulard, just on the other side of the highway.

If you go south of Arsenal, it gets bad pretty quick though.

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Ben first off I am glad all is well , second off i will suggest that if at all possible ( break even or better ) your sis get into a little better business . I am shure she loves owning / operating a bar , and has a fine clientel , but she could easily be as if not more successful with a business that isnt quite as " needy " as a bar, not to mention the danger of idiots and booze . I know I know however , I have worked them a bit as both a bartender and a bouncer and ill say i am not cut out for that business . I from my experiances dont want any forum member or family working a bar , nor do i want them driving a cab or owning/working a convience store .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Ben, I know that area and neighborhood well. Definitely not the same it was even 10 years ago!

I'm in St. Louis frequently either taking classes or teaching and occasionally to recreate!

Great town, but thank god, Missouri FINALLY got ccw through the courts! I wouldn't think of being in St. Louis unarmed simply because there are lots of areas I know, and Lots I Don't Know!

Great Story! Glad things turned out ok with your sis!

With your sis being a bar owner, I do hope she has the means (firearm) to defend just in case sometime help isn't as close by as hubby in next room or two LEO's lurking outside!

If she isn't carrying... Hopefully you can encourage her to in the future.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Thanks Redneck Repairs for your concerns. Its nice to have friends on here. My sister married into the business. This would be a hard piece of property to sell. The building is a historic building built right across the street from a historic church. At one time that was fine but now a days, that is a big NO. So they would not be able to sell the business as a bar. They would lose the licence. Right now its grandfather in.

And Bark'n since I'm retired now, there is nothing holding me to St. Louis. If and when I can ever sell my home, I'll be going farther west in Missouri. I'll reside between Rolla and St. James. It will be hard for me to adjust, but I'll make it.

Ben,

I was just in Cuba on the 21st. Acutally Steelville, to attend a private concert by the '70's group America! It was great! Drove through St. James and the wine country. Nice area of Missouri. I think America was in St. Louis on the 29th.

Seeing them in a private venue was awesome. No more than 120 - 150 people.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    Ben in My country the person is licenced for the business , and then you " zone " it . However sale of real property does not invalidate a persons licence to sell alcohol . One must however find a suitable property and get local approval to re establish . The buyer of the old place simply buys the real property pending approval of thier licence to sell , be it pacakage or onsite . Once a place is grandfathered tho here it may be sold and retain sales at location if new owners are approved . Unless and untill the property is converted to another business then all grandfathering is out the door .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links