Lightning Strikes Twice in 3 Weeks for Dallas Shopkeeper :MERGED

This is a discussion on Lightning Strikes Twice in 3 Weeks for Dallas Shopkeeper :MERGED within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Originally Posted by mech1369dlw It would appear to me that: 3. One more and he starts to get free miles or ammo on his credit ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lightning Strikes Twice in 3 Weeks for Dallas Shopkeeper :MERGED

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mech1369dlw View Post
    It would appear to me that:

3. One more and he starts to get free miles or ammo on his credit card account.
    <liberal lisp>
    That is soooo insensitive!
    </liberal lisp>
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

2. Remove Ads

Yes Dallas has some of the dumbest criminals - they're even elected to the city council. Offhand, I'd say the owner is in physical danger. Lets hope he has a chance for his hat-trick very soon.

maybe a big loud dog and a sign outside of his property ...beware of owner...
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Government, even in its best state, is but a necessary evil; in its worst state, an intolerable one.
    ― Thomas Paine

Quote Originally Posted by mech1369dlw View Post
    It would appear to me that:

1. Dallas has more than it's share of stupids that would break into a place that has already been defended sucessfully before.

2. Apparently, there is no bag limit on creeps in Texas.

3. One more and he starts to get free miles or ammo on his credit card account.
    He sould get good rates on his insurance
    Μολὼν λαβέ

USN 78-82/USAF 82-93 Medically Retired
    Desert Shield/Desert Storm
    DAV Life Member
    NRA Life Member

Says It All For Me...

"He's got a right to defend his property. What gives a stranger the right to go in and vandalize or burglarize his business?" said Dallas police Sgt. Gene Reyes. "He's within every legal right to do this."

Should be the law in ALL 50 states...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowAngel View Post
    I always wondered how police would react to your situation if you ending up getting attacked by and killing two seperate robbers within weeks. With Dallas police, apparently they're fairly supportive.

I think if I was this shopowner, i'd be looking at some better security. Two robbery attempts in that short of time likely means his place appears to be an easy target.

Why change anything? Let 'em keep coming, and keep killin' 'em.

After all, the police are saying he's well within his right.

If I were him I'd feel absolutely good about myself for the service I was doing for the community.

Ain't nothing wrong with killing bad guys. It's something we need more of, to tell the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    Why change anything? Let 'em keep coming, and keep killin' 'em.

After all, the police are saying he's well within his right.

If I were him I'd feel absolutely good about myself for the service I was doing for the community.

Ain't nothing wrong with killing bad guys. It's something we need more of, to tell the truth.
    You misunderstand me. I'm not saying this in defense of the creeps at all. I'm glad he shot them, and i'd have done the same thing in his position. That's two less crooks in the world. I'm quite pleased wiuth his actions. He's definitely in the right, and I applaud his efforts.

My comments regarding possible other deterrents to prevent more incidences in the future are more of concern for him, not the crooks. Like I said earlier... he's been lucky as of yet that neither of these criminals has either got the jump on him, or got the first shot off. He may not always be so lucky. "Let em keep coming"? He's not Rambo. If they keep coming, he's going to encounter someone eventually that's a better shot or knows the tricks of the trade.

I don't know how some of you are misconstruing a suggestion that he make his business less inviting to criminals as somehow either supporting the criminals or critisizing his actions.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    If your blood pressure's too low, watch this.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HnZd-5dYXfk

This poor old man has had to defend himself twice, both times clearly within the law, had his guns siezed, and now has to put up with being accosted in the gunshop parking lot and accused of being a "trigger-happy type of person who wanted to shoot to kill".

That reporter should be ashamed of herself.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

That reporter should be ashamed of herself.
    No kidding, to bad she is a reporter and lacks that ability
    "You can't shake the devils hand and say you were only kidding"

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar

A guy protects himself 2x, LEO say he's good, but cornered by media

I stole this from Suni Kay's Blog.

This Texas guy has a thief break into his salvage arm and he has to shoot him, then there's another guy that breaks into his home and he has to shoot him. The police say he didn't break any laws, but he's going to have to in front of a grand jury (according to the news report).

In spite of the fact the LEOs say hasn't done anything wrong a reporter stalks this gentleman to a store and she won't let this gentleman leave.

Whoever had the idea that reporters need to have a ten day waiting period before filing a story, being finger printed and have a background check before becoming a reporter...I think you were on to something.
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

Page not found..., but I do like the '10 day waiting period' to file a story...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I got the "page not found"too. Maybe it was pulled due to the reporter's 10 day waiting period/fingerprinting not completed????
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

Distinguished Member Array Dakotaranger's Avatar
    Well, try thisor direct to her blog the title of the post is Are you trigger happy
    "[T]he people are not to be disarmed of their weapons.
    They are left in full possession of them."

Zacharia Johnson (speech in the Virginia Ratifying Convention,25 June 1778)"The best we can hope for concerning the people at large is that they be properly armed." ~Alexander Hamilton

I dont understand.

If he didnt break any laws, then why does he have to go before a grand jury? I thought a Grand Jury would look at evidence to bring forward formal charges, which to me means they think you might have broken a law since they have evidence to present. So again, if no laws are broken, why a grand jury?

VIP Member
    In some jurisdiction all shootings, particularly those causing deaths, are presented before a GJ.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links