Lightning Strikes Twice in 3 Weeks for Dallas Shopkeeper :MERGED

This is a discussion on Lightning Strikes Twice in 3 Weeks for Dallas Shopkeeper :MERGED within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; Looks like it's letter time. Let's flood the reporter's inbox. I'll see if I can dig it up when I have time today....

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lightning Strikes Twice in 3 Weeks for Dallas Shopkeeper :MERGED

Looks like it's letter time. Let's flood the reporter's inbox. I'll see if I can dig it up when I have time today.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

2. Remove Ads

The reporter, Rebecca Aguilar, has been suspended by the station due to her actions:

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...ca_aguilar.php

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    In some jurisdiction all shootings, particularly those causing deaths, are presented before a GJ.
    Yep. In TX, any homicide, justifiable or not, goes before a grand jury. Yes, this is more hassle for the victim, but I think it's a good thing because it makes it more difficult for anti-self-defense DA's to really screw over a justified shooter.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Lightning Strikes Twice in 3 Weeks for Dallas Shopkeeper

Quote Originally Posted by JohnKelly View Post
    The reporter, Rebecca Aguilar, has been suspended by the station due to her actions:

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfa...ca_aguilar.php
    GREAT! I rescind my previous statement then. I guess it should change to flooding the observer with letters of thanks and gratitude for taking care of the situation quickly.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Ive got an idea:

Somebody should direct a criminal to her home address, kick in her door and rob her, not once but twice. Then, she can experience the fear of having her private space, her home violated by a criminal.

I think she would change her mind about some things.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by srfl View Post
    In some jurisdiction all shootings, particularly those causing deaths, are presented before a GJ.
    Yep.

The state of MA is this way.
    Here you shoot to _stop_ and due to law hope & pray he/she does but as in the process or later as a result does not die.

BTW as in regard to this news reporter incident, this is yet again another opportunity to learn a lesson.
    DO NOT TALK TO ANYONE except nor without your attorney.
    I wouldn't even tell a person what "that" is in my hands. She has not announced herself to be law enforcement and having a camera man in tow even if she were a LEO I would not answer the question aside from maybe; 'A box'.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

I am a TV news photographer, and I am ashamed of many people in this business. She could not have done this story without a cooperative photog., and she would not have gotten this story on the air if I were shooting for her. The part where she was blocking the door open, mic in hand but held low, photog. standing away, is an ambush technique designed to make the victim think he is "off the record". That gentleman is a brave hero who deserved better. Aquilar is scum.
    F*(& around... lay around.

Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Detroit45 View Post
    I am a TV news photographer, and I am ashamed of many people in this business. She could not have done this story without a cooperative photog., and she would not have gotten this story on the air if I were shooting for her. The part where she was blocking the door open, mic in hand but held low, photog. standing away, is an ambush technique designed to make the victim think he is "off the record". That gentleman is a brave hero who deserved better. Aquilar is scum.

Technicaly is this is felony confinement? Perhaps the GJ needs to see that.

BTW this guy has been robbed 42 times in the last few month and actually has quite a few security measures. He's only shot the last two times.

I hope that Aguilar gets a "permanent suspension" as in get fired for what she did to that gentleman. That would truly be some justice in this world. I would hate to see her reporting again when fox deem that the community has forgotten what she has done to this citizen.
    "embrace the suck" - our warriors in the sandbox... it implies that do the best you can in impossible conditions.
    "no plan survives intact upon contact with the enemy" - wisdom of the Grunts.

Member Array pleasantguywhopacks's Avatar

New link to the video

The utube link was suspended so here is a new one.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=088_1192711925

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    Thank you for reposting the video. I went to youtube and was angry when it said that the video had been pulled because of a copyright case made by the station! Never heard of "fair use," I guess.

Anyway, I watched the video. What a !! In her voice-over, she says, "It was obvious Walton was upset about what's happened in the last three weeks." So isn't it deplorable that she continues to press a guy she says was obviously upset? Would she do the same to a woman who had been raped and was "obviously upset"?!

And you can hear Walton say, "I don't want to talk about it."

This woman should be facing charges of unlawful confinement, or at the very least, harassment. She didn't leave, and didn't stop bugging him, even after he said he didn't want her there, didn't want to be filmed, and didn't want to talk about it. She definitely should be fired at the very least.

Looks like that link has been removed also. Seems someone doesnt want folks to know what happened.

Michael

Video suspended again...

Someone really wants it gone don't they?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links