KFC Manager Fights Back Against Statesville, NC Crook with Video

This is a discussion on KFC Manager Fights Back Against Statesville, NC Crook with Video within the In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly forums, part of the The Back Porch category; http://www.wbtv.com/news/topstories/10580927.html With adrenaline pumping, a local KFC manager fought back against a man with a rifle. With a life-or-death grip on the crook's gun he ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: KFC Manager Fights Back Against Statesville, NC Crook with Video

http://www.wbtv.com/news/topstories/10580927.html

With adrenaline pumping, a local KFC manager fought back against a man with a rifle.

With a life-or-death grip on the crook's gun he had no plans of backing down.

The vicious robbery attempt happened inside the Kentucky Fried Chicken on Salisbury Road in Statesville late last night.

WBTV's David Whisenant walks us through what happened in the moments before the manager decided to fight back.

The crook put the rifle to the manager's head and pulled the trigger. The gun didn't fire, so as the crook started to take another shot, the manger lunged after him in a fight for his life.

This is about an hour from my house. He did a good job at keeping the barrel pointed away from him.

Glad the manager is still alive. This appears to be yet another victim doing as he was 'told to do', and the dirtbag was still willing to kill.
    The only answer is to react immediately and violently...too bad the manager didn't have his own weapon.

Now the taxpayers have to deal with this BG some other time...but with luck, some GG will 'end' this vicious criminal's future...permanently!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

He had to have a Guardian Angel watching over him last night. That could be a life changing experience! thats why I always carry my weapen.
    The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding cititzens should also have guns.Otherwise they will win and the decent people will loss.''
    -James Earl Jones.

Scumbags! Need Chic McGees sodomy bell right abt now!

Quote Originally Posted by ultralite View Post
    He had to have a Guardian Angel watching over him last night. That could be a life changing experience
    ....and a drawer-changing one too.

Seriously though...glad the KFC guy is ok.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

VIP Member Array peacefuljeffrey's Avatar
    WBTV's David Whisenant walks us through what happened in the moments before the manager decided to fight back.
    More proof of the wussification of America.
    Who "decides to fight back" AFTER he has given the BG the chance to execute him?!

Hell of a time to decide your life is worth fighthing for.

Sorry, a real man will explode into a fury of righteous rage well before there's an empty click (or... a boom!) at his temple.

Sure, the fight he put up later was worthy, but I just can't get past the idea that he let a gun be pointed directly at his head before trying to fight back in any way at all.

And then we get the idiot newslady saying, "So lucky he knew what to do." Uh, yeah. It's "luck" to know that you shouldn't let the badguy retain full control of the gun he might shoot you with? Where is she coming from? Could it be that maybe it's stupid to depend on "luck" and makes more sense to train your mentality and your body for these kinds of events, so you can survive them?

Theory?

The rifle looks like a 22. I think when the BG struck him with the butt of the gun, the inertia must have moved the action enough to take it out of battery and then it would not fire. Very lucky indeed for the manager. My hats off to him for a courageous fight.

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    My guess was a mini-14, but I couldn't really see it well. Coulda been a .22, I guess.

If this doesn't prove that compliance with an armed attacker will get you dead, nothing will. I'm glad the GG survived in this case.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

I would have loved to walked in there as this was happening....

Given the industry... The manager probably was fired.
    Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about seeking whom he may devour. 1 Peter 5:8

http://groups.myspace.com/Concealedcarry

Quote Originally Posted by peacefuljeffrey View Post
    More proof of the wussification of America.
    Who "decides to fight back" AFTER he has given the BG the chance to execute him?!

Hell of a time to decide your life is worth fighthing for.

Sorry, a real man will explode into a fury of righteous rage well before there's an empty click (or... a boom!) at his temple.

Sure, the fight he put up later was worthy, but I just can't get past the idea that he let a gun be pointed directly at his head before trying to fight back in any way at all.

And then we get the idiot newslady saying, "So lucky he knew what to do." Uh, yeah. It's "luck" to know that you shouldn't let the badguy retain full control of the gun he might shoot you with? Where is she coming from? Could it be that maybe it's stupid to depend on "luck" and makes more sense to train your mentality and your body for these kinds of events, so you can survive them?

Well what do you expect when the "leaders" of the country/state/city say that one should be reactive and not proactive? Reactive being acting when the threat has already presented itself, proactive being arming yourself ahead of time...

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Here's a more in-depth follow-up video. The manager decided to come forward and be interviewed. Quite a story.

http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/us/...kfc.victim.cnn
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

What a lucky guy!!
    "No free man shall ever be de-barred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain their right to keep and bear arms is as a last resort to protect themselves against tyranny in government." - Thomas Jefferson

Truly what a lucky guy. And then the fight of his life. I didn't hear, did they ever catch the bad guy?
    NRA Member
    I carry a .45 because they don't make a .46
    www.ShootersEar.com

Distinguished Member Array lacrosse50's Avatar
    I'm glad the the manager came out ok. I wonder, can your family sue your employer if you are executed because you followed company policy (i.e. give the BG whatever he wants)?
    The ultimate result of shielding men from the effects of folly is to fill the world with fools.
    -Herbert Spencer

NRA Life Member

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links